Chasing Clouds.

two.

“Will you come get me from the airport?”

Silence was heard from the other line. She heard a grunt, finally. “You’re back?”

“Yes.”

“Which airport?”

“Platform Emmy, of course.”

“I’ll be there in fifteen.”

“Thanks, Brian.”

She had called him because she was afraid of Jimmy’s reaction. She didn’t know how he’d react after a year and a half. Brian had reacted just as she presumed he would: Short worded, pissy almost. She expected that, though. She didn’t know how Jimmy would.

Brian pulled up in his big, black escalade. She opened up the backseat and shoved her suitcase in, before climbing in.

“Backseat?” he asked from the front. He had sunglasses on, but she knew his eyebrows were raised.

“I didn’t feel like making a hassle.”

“One suitcase? Not planning on staying long?”

“No, I just didn’t have time to pack a lot,” she responded, staring out of the window, taking in the scenery she had missed so much.

“It was a last minute decision,” he said. It wasn’t a question, it was a well-known statement. Out of all of the guys, Brian understood her motives the most. He didn’t agree with them, but he knew why she did it. Maybe that was why she had called him.

“Yeah.”

It was quite for a while. All she heard was the tires hit occasional bumps or rocks, or cars honking horns because they were in hurry. It was fairly silent.

“I’m taking you to Jimmy’s.”

She understood what he was really saying: The sooner you get this done and over with, the better.

“Will you come in with me?”

“Of course, but I won’t be holding your hand,” he replied with his signature smirk. “I’m back with Michelle.”

Harper restrained from rolling her eyes, because she knew he was watching for her reaction. “Really? Good for her.” He laughed at her forced tone. He understood why she never like Michelle; She had to sit with him while he almost drank himself to alcohol poisoning after Michelle cheated on him.

Soon enough, they were in front of Jimmy’s door. Normally, they’d just walk in, but Brian stopped and knocked, waiting for an answer.

The door was pulled open, and instead of meeting a pair of blue eyes, they met a pair of vibrant green eyes.

“Harper?” Zacky breathe out.

She bit her lip and nodded. “Hi, Zee.”

Brian stared back and forth between the two of them, before making a funny face. “I’m obviously missing something. Alright, then. I’m just going to go inside, and ask Jimmy if he knows anything about this...” Brian pushed passed Zacky, slightly annoyed. “Thanks, guys,” he mumbled to himself.

Neither Harper or Zacky listened to him; neither of them cared. They both just stood there, staring into each others’ eyes, asking why silently.