When Fame Takes Its Toll

Tabloids Love Me

Papps everywhere with their gigantic cameras, false issues about this and that, limited moves I could make while I'm out on public, overloaded projects and appearances, and having to suffer from cold atleast 5 times a year. That pretty much describes my life at the moment, I know I've always dreamt of becoming this big and known, but now I'm having second thoughts whether I'm gonna stay with this until I can or just escape from this beautiful nightmare and be normal without being stalked everywhere I go.

I sighed as I woke up to another Saturday morning, did a lot of stretching, and finally decided to walk into my bathroom to change from this seductive turquoise pajamas to a white tank top and some blue cotton shorts. I brushed my teeth and transformed my hair from its morning messy look into a quick bun. I walked downstairs to see my mom and Heather, taking their breakfast and before I could speak, my sister, Hayden called me up.

"Hey Holly!" she said, with her signature curved smile and having her wavy brown hair fall into her firm shoulder blades. I still feel weird that she still calls me by my first name though I've been known world wide by my middle name. Oh well, she's my sister, she knew me more than anyone else.

"Oh, hi Hayden!" I responded, giving her my first smile of the day.

"Look who's on the tabloids again!" she warned me with a worried look as she handed me the magazine with me on the cover laced hands with my guy friend, Scott, with the caption 'HEIDI'S NEW HOTTIE' in bold big yellow letters. "I feel really sorry for you, my smokin' charismatic sister. A pap interviewed me yesterday while I was walking to buy Casie some clothes, and I told him everything I can to not make you seem slutty." she said, with the obvious sorry-mixed-with-anger look. "But then I guess he didn't believe me." she continued, then she hugged me kissed my ear.

"Nah this isn't your fault, Hayden. Don't worry about it. I could handle this by myself, and actually find this whole thing really fun! I love messing with the paps." I said as I pulled away from the hug and sending her a wink.

"Glad to hear that, Holl. I'm happy to see you so strong" she smiled.

"Yea whatever, Hade." I rolled my eyes as I looked at my mom, calling me over to have some pancakes. "Hade, wanna grab some pancakes here?" I asked her while walking to the dinner table.

"Nah, I had one already. Oh well I gotta go. Marcus is probably going to kill me if I'm gonna be an hour late again. You know I couldn't handle those fights anymore." she said, with the sad look on her face but she still managed to fake a pretty smile. When she's like that, I feel really sorry and worried about her. She's pretty much my best friend and knowing that she married a guy like Marcus, it's like I wanna claw his eyeballs out everytime we get to see each other. He's such a douchebag but I think I can see why my sister married him. You couldn't describe how caring he is for Hade and their two-year-old daughter Casie. Marcus is an ass for like almost all the time, but you'll be having second thoughts when you see him bonding with his family.

"Alright. Take care!" I said as I smiled at her before she walked out of the house. "Hey mom, hey Heather! Good morning!" I smiled at the two of them as I put a slice of blueberry pancake to my plate.

"Good morning, sweetie" my mom smiled back, reading a magazine she's been obsessed with for like 4 years or so. "Paps are getting pretty rough, eh?" she asked with her eyes still set on the magazine.

"Yeah, they're getting worse. Why can't I just live a normal life? I mean, not normal, but you know, can't I just go out with a guy friend without dealing with those annoying false issues?!" I almost screamed, but decided to calm down since Heather's just sitting infront of me and I didn't think it's good for her to see me like this. Heather is actually my cousin, Farrah's daughter. Farrah was just 17 when she gave birth to Heather, she've always wanted to file an abortion but no one even her best friend agreed to it. She got pregnant by her boyfriend, Brian, and they both obviously weren't ready for a baby. So 2 months after Heather's birth, Farrah decided to go back to her old routine. Party every day and night. She looks like she didn't even care when she hears Heather cry. Then when my mom and her siblings knew about this, my mom decided to just adopt Heather. She felt bad about her. She's now seven years old and it feels like she's my real baby sister. I care about her a lot, I love her so much, sometimes she seems like my own daughter too.

There was a silence, but a phone call broke it just right after I ate my last piece of the pancake slice. "I'll get it" my mom said as she smiled to both of me and Heather and stood up to grab the phone.

Few minutes later, she gave me a knowing look as she lends her hand for me to grab the phone. I was nervous 'cause I got a feeling that this isn't good news at all. Not at all.