Status: Comments?

Some Things Never Change

Eins

Life sucks, period.

If you're not like your average Joe, people will hate you. They don't like anything that they can't comprehend or don't have/feel themselves. If you're different you will always be the victim. It doesn't matter if your black, white, cappuccino, caramel and whatever else. It doesn't matter if your hetero, homo or bi. If you are in anyway different then the rest they will hate your guts.

But the worst thing any one can be in our society, isn't a faggot nor having a darker skin colour then the rest of the community. The worst thing you can be in our society is being a human mutant.

What I mean with human mutant? Well, I'm pretty sure that you know that nearly every fruit we eat and every plant, hell even most animals around us, once mutated into their current form. They are accepted in society and cooed at. Human mutants however, are different.

In the earlier years these mutation could have been a "disability" or "sickness" - e.g. the Proteus syndrome, which causes skin over-growth, the Sirenomelia disease, in which the legs fuse together and look like a mermaids tail or Epidermodysplasia verruciformis aka Tree-Men syndrome, which makes parts of your skin and limbs appear tree-like. However as the year progressed, the mutations got less gruesome to look at, and turned into more mental mutations, or how most common people would say: mutants developed powers.

Sounds cool doesn't it? Well, trust me it isn't. Before my powers kicked in, I lead a pleasant life. My parents gave me everything one could wish for, brought me to bed at night, read me stories and sang me songs. I had many friends in my neighbourhood and often had sleep overs. I was loved.

You must understand, I was born in a Non-Mutant community. I'm unsure if they even believed in Mutants before me. They probably thought it some wild trick from the politicians to keep everyone under control! But then I found my power.

It had kicked in one day when I was playing with my best friend Tommy. He had just taken away one of my favourite toys and didn't want to give it back. My five-year-old self was grumpy and whinny at that time and couldn't accept that Tommy didn't give me back my toy.

I'm sure you all know that a shadow moves with the body. But did you know if you move the shadow, the body moves as well?

Well, lets say that Tommy wasn't very happy when his shadow seemed to take control of his body and walked over to me and handed me back the toy.

That was the first time I came in contact with this power of mine and soon I enjoyed playing with my shadow friends just as much as I enjoyed playing with my human friends... Only that my humans friends didn't seem to want to play with me any more.

World War Three took place in our house when my parents finally figured out why my friends had stopped coming over. They screamed at me, they screamed at each other and then at me once again. I was never this scared in my life. I didn't understand what was going on! Why did my parents suddenly hate me? What did I do wrong? Were they upset because I didn't play with them any more?

At one point I tried to lighten the mood by making a shadow appear and do a little trick... but it had the opposite effect. My mother screamed even louder (if that was even possible) and my father fell from his chair and raced towards the telephone.

That was the last time I got to see them.

Me being pulled away from my house as my father stood in a corner with my mother who was shaking with tears and fear.

"Mommy!" I yelled as the strangers took me away from her. "Mommy! Help me!" I pleaded, "Where are they taking me, mommy? Whats happening?" I asked streams of tears rushing out of my eyes. Only later did I understand that she had been scared of me. They had thought I was attacking them when the shadow appeared.

Like I said being different is never something good.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, new story I came up with, its not very long, but I hope you'll enjoy it!

Please Comment and Subscribe!