Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

You Left Me

You know that feeling you get in your gut every time something bad happens? Well, that's not really specific; I'm talking about the feeling where it just seems as if nothing can make you happy. Its as if your entire life is completely ruined, forever.

Back in Nevada, I used to get this feeling constantly. I got it so much, that it seemed to be a daily routine. Wake up in the morning, bam! The feeling hits. Have my mother give me that ugly stare, bam! Once again. It was just over and over again.

One thing that I've taken notice to is that here, in Arizona, so far that feeling has yet to strike me once.

"Carson, you have visitors." Aunt Sara came out on the patio in her backyard, which basically was an entire desert.

I loved her ranch. She owned several chickens and hens in a pen outside. I came out her at sunset and sunrise to stare out into the open distance that stretched out onto miles without a single being or structure in sight.

As of right now though, it was midday Saturday and I decided to just go outside and read. Quite frankly, I was hoping I would get a tan, but I had this cheap irish skin that only allowed me to burn.

I looked up at her and cocked an eyebrow. "Visitors?"

She smiled. "They're in the foyer."

I stood up, leaving my book open on the lounge chair I was relaxing in. I stepped out of the hot air and into the cool air condition. I heard some chuckling in the foyer.

Garrett and Pat stood there with cheesy smiles plastered across their faces. "Hi!" Pat exclaimed and waved.

"Um, hi."

Suddenly, the front door opened and a tall figure made their way into the room. I already knew who it was and as he approached us, I shook my head and crossed my arms over my chest.

"John!" Sara cheered from behind me. She hurried over to John and engulfed him in a hug. "How are you doing?"

John shrugged. "Oh, you know..." He looked up at me and winked.

I rolled my eyes.

"Oh! You two know each other!? I'm so glad!"

"I'm not." I mumbled and to fortunately, no one else heard except John.

"We just wanted to see if Carson wanted to hang out with us."

I hated his stupid cowboy boots.
I hated his stupid white v-neck.
I hated his stupid silver dog-tag necklace.
I hated his stupid black ray-bands, even if I owned the same pair.
I hated his stupid voice.
I hated his stupid grin.
I hated him.

But I liked both Garrett and Pat, not only were they nice, but they were funny and smart. I sighed heavily. "I can come."

"Oh good! Well you guys have some fun."

"Thanks Sara." Both John and I said at the same time. We both looked up at each other as well and I shot him a dirty glare, while he winked.

I quickly slipped on my black and white vans and the four of us walked outside and into the white van. "Come up front with me." John ordered.

I cocked an eyebrow. "Why?"

"Because I want you too."

"Why?"

"I want company."

"Why?"

He rolled his eyes. "Now you're just trying to be annoying."

"Ah, yes I am. But it's working, isn't it?" I grinned.

He sighed heavily."Yes it is."

I slipped into the passenger side and buckled my seatbelt as Garrett and Pat got in the back. As John started the car, Pat , Garrett, and I started to talk about how I was liking Arizona so far.

"Where's Kennedy and Jared?" I asked.

"Kenny's sick and Jared had to visit some relatives." Garrett answered.

"Oh." I nodded my head.

I didn't ask where we were going, but soon enough we ended up pulling into what looked like a shopping mall parking lot. We hopped outside and walked into the mall.

"Shit." John hissed under his breath when we entered.

"What?" Garrett asked.

"Tara." He mumbled.

Pat and Garrett's heads immediately, snapped up. "Oh shit." Pat said quietly.

"What?" I asked in a low tone as well.

"My ex." John once again, mumbled.

I look around, but wasn't able to determine which one was John's ex-girlfriend. "Blonde, yellow and white striped dress." Garrett whispered.

I looked up once again and spotted a tall blonde, just about my height, with a sundress and white heels on. I raised an eyebrow. "No offense or anything, but why is she wearing heels to the mall?"

"Because she's a psychotic bitch." John hissed.

I scrunched my eyebrows. "Doesn't really answer my question, but...." I trailed off and shrugged.

"They broke up like two months ago. She's really superficial and shit. And annoying, really annoying." Garrett offered me more information.

"That's why you broke up?" I asked.

He nodded his head, but then sighed. "Part of the reason why. She was kind of just into looks and stuff. She didn't care about all the other shit."

"He wrote a song for her and-"

"Shut it." John snapped and cut Pat off.

I nodded my head as Pat, whispered sorry. John obviously did not want to talk.

"Shit. Shit. Shit. She's coming over here." John hissed.

"Act normal!" Garrett demanded.

"What's normal?" I asked and Garrett chuckled.

Tara had clearly spotted us and marched over, her white heels clicking on the tile floor of the shopping mall. When she walked, she looked like a fucking supermodel. Her hair whipped and flowed at all the right times and she had the secretive smirk, yet gorgeous all at the same time. I felt like a creep thinking of these things, but it was the complete truth. I mean she was a lot prettier than me. I knew that for a fact.

"Hello boys," She smiled at John, Garrett, and Pat, then her eyes fell on me. "and girl! I'm sorry. I'm Tara." She extended her hand.

"Carson." I shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you." I noticed her eyes darting back and forth between John and I. We were standing fairly close to each other, our shoulders almost touching.

"Are you John's girlfriend?"

"No no no no no no no no no no." Both John and I spoke at the same time, shaking our hands and heads. We then noticed what was happening and offended by each other both said, "Hey!"

Tara smiled the let out a giggle. She placed a hand on John's shoulder and his cheeks immediately went up in flames.

"John, how are you?"

"G-good." He stuttered for a moment.

"That's nice to hear. I'm glad."

"Y-yeah?"

"Oh yes." She smiled and I noticed her lick her bottom lip lightly.

John was practically drooling. I felt like barfing.

"We'll leave you guys alone." Garrett placed a hand on mine and Pat's shoulder, guiding us away from the scene. John gave us pleading eyes as we left him alone, but this was Garrett and Pat's idea and they seemed to know what they were doing.

Once we were out of hearing range I sighed heavily. "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Me too." Pat mumbled, placing a hand on his stomach.

"Every single time she comes back......" Garrett shook his head.

"So they've broken up numerous times?"

"Oh yeah. And every time after they break up John tells himself he won't get involved again. I mean, god, the guy knows how bad she is, yet he falls for her every fucking time."

"He wrote a song for her and then she told him she didn't like it. She said that the song didn't mean anything to her. All she cares about are looks and shit. She's completely superficial and materialistic." Pat shook his head.

"My god...." I mumbled and trailed off. I noticed myself staring over at John and Tara, who now were hugging and most likely, apologizing.

For the first time since arriving in Arizona, I got that pang in my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not too happy with this chapter, but I hope you guys like it :)
I got a tumblr, if anyone is interested.
Click right here for it
I don't know if that link is going to work or not.......... oh well.
But yeah, if you would like check it out or follow :D