Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Saving Grace

"Has anyone ever told you that you are extremely annoying when you're drunk?"

I asked John this question as I pushed him off of me using both of my hands placed on his chest. In response, he groaned and leaned more into me. I rolled my eyes and sucked in a breath and then, once again, tried to push the giant twenty-one year old off of me.

"Carson," He whined.

"What John? What do you want?" I shook my head, hoping that he would get an idea of how agitated I was at this moment.

"Dance with me."

"No. Now get out of her." I turned him around and pushed him into the crowd dancing.

He walked right back out, taking a swig from the beer bottle in his hand. "Pleaseeee?"

"No John."

Obviously not hearing my last statement correctly, John grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me out onto the dance floor with him.

I knew the second the guys invited me to come to this bar tonight, it wasn't going to be great. I had promised myself not to drink, unlike last time. I didn't want a repeated incident. Much unlike my decision, John decided to get completely trashed and therefore, I felt obligated to take care of him like he did for me.

John moved behind me and started to grind up against me. I shook my head, disgusted and walked away from him into the corner. I folded my arms over my chest and leaned against the wall.

"Rough night?" A guy approached me, holding out a beer.

I shook my head. "No thanks. But yes, tonight is not exactly ideal."

The guy, who looked about twenty-three or so, leaned against the wall next to me. "I agree. What's up with you? Boyfriend troubles?"

I laughed dryly. "Yeah right. I haven't had a boyfriend since I was seventeen."

"And how old are you now?"

I looked over at him, a smirk plastered across my face. "Don't you know better than to ask a woman her age?"

His eyes widened. "Oh! I'm sorry!"

I chuckled. "Don't worry. I'm just joking. I'm actually," I paused for a moment, remembering where I was. I'm nineteen, but the guys snuck me in here because it was a twenty-one or older bar. I guess they were really strict with the drinking law here. My eyes flickered to John. "I'm, uh, twenty one."

Oh course, settle for the age John happens to be. I rolled my eyes at myself.

"You haven't had a boyfriend since you were seventeen?" He asked, scanning my body.

I bit my lip, realizing the hole I had dug for myself. Might as well keep digging. "Yep."

Great, now he probably thinks I'm twenty-one year old virgin and will hit on me all night.

"Well that is quite a shame. I bet many guys missed out on a lot."

I shrugged. "It's their fault."

He grinned and looked over at the dance floor. "Would you like to dance with me?"

I sighed heavily. "Look, I'm sorry, but tonight just isn't my night. I'm it really up for it."

"That's fine. We can just hang out back here."

I cocked an eyebrow and broke eye contact with the man. I turned back to him, curious, and asked, "How old are you?"

"Twenty-five."

Oh, well I was off.

"Is a young lady like you attracted to older men?" He moved closer to me, now his jacket brushing up my exposed arm.

"Um," My face began to heat up and my heart rate picked up. I continued looking away from him, as if I was actually interested in what was happening on the dance floor. "I-I....... d-don't.... know."

"Well, would you ever give a guy like me a chance?"

Now, his torso was completely facing me as he leaned against the wall, his shoulder only touching it. Suddenly, he stepped in front of me, my legs in between his.

He placed a finger under my chin. "You're extremely pretty, you know that?"

I didn't say anything.

"We don't get a lot of girls with such white, porcelain skin down here."

I wanted to gag at not only the fact he was touching me but even at the cliched comparison. I started to fidget and tried to release myself from his grasp, but he placed his body tight up against mine.

"You also have a beautiful body." He mumbled, staring down my V-neck shirt.

I cringed as his hand neared my breast, but I slapped it away. He pushed up against me tighter, wrinkles crinkling on his forehead.

"You wanna be rough, eh?" He slammed by body against the wall tighter. I let out a light whimper.

Normally, I would start screaming, or at least call out for help, but I had never felt so weak in my entire life. I was always the strong person. I fought with not only my parents, but anyone who crossed a line in my book. I didn't let people get away with shit, but at this moment, I was frozen. I suppose it is because I've never been quite in this situation before. Guys never took notice to me at all and here I am, not only being hit on but practically assaulted.

The man pressed his lip to mine aggressively and pushed his tongue through. That's when it hit me. I started squirming and whimpering, even though they came out as muffles. I began to kick and jumped, but he held me down. I slammed my hands against his chest and refused to give up.

Suddenly, the man was pulled off of me and pushed onto the ground.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?!" Kennedy stood there, yelling at him. Jared and Pat were now next to me, bombarding me with questions concerning my well-being.

I sucked in a deep breath and rubbed my eyes. "I'm fine." I wiped my mouth with my sleeve. "I just need to brush my teeth or something."

Garrett was on the other side of the guy and held out a hand to help the guy up. Once the guy grabbed onto it and offered his complete weight, Gare dropped him on the floor, chuckling.

"Fuck you!" The man shouted, rubbing the back of his head.

"Get this asshole out of here." Kennedy ordered to the bartender, who nodded his head.

Kennedy and Garrett then joined us. They asked me the same questions Jared and Pat had, and I replied in the same fashion.

"I kind of just need to go home. But thank you guys. Really, I don't know if I can ever repay you for that."

I parted from the guys and stepped outside. The cool air hit me and I inhaled and exhaled several breaths.

It wasn't until about thirty seconds that I noticed John by the curb, throwing up repeatedly. I shook my head and leaned down next to him. I placed a hand on his back. "I guess I need to do you a favor, huh?"

John didn't respond, instead he continued on barfing.

After he was done, I loaded him into my truck and called Kennedy telling him that I was taking John home.

I was too afraid to let John be by himself at his apartment. I gave in and decided he should come to Aunt Sara's house with me. Fortunately, Sara was visiting several friends in the town over and spending the night, so she wouldn't have to see the mess John was.

I got back to the house about ten minutes later and helped John out of the car. Once inside, I led John into my bedroom. He instinctively kicked off his sneakers before I helped him into my bed.

I beyond tired and normally, I would have went into another room, but I fell into my bed. I pulled the covers over me and went on the opposite side of John.

After about twenty minutes, John was out like a light, but I couldn't fall asleep. Instead, tonight's events replayed in my head over and over again. I stayed up for two hours, shaking and unable to fall asleep.

I then sat up and curled my knees into my chest. I wrapped my arms around my chest and started to cry like and idiot. I bawled my eyes out. I was ashamed of myself; how weak I was.

"Carson?" John's groggy voice called out.

I sniffled and mumbled. "Go back to bed John." I figured the boy was still drunk and wouldn't notice me crying, but I was wrong.

John sat up and leaned over to me. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and pulled me into him. "What's wrong?" He asked, while rubbing my back gently.

I sat there, eyes wide in complete shock. He was comforting me?"

"You sober up quickly."

"I have it down to a science."

I didn't respond, instead, I let the last few remaining tears fall down my cheeks.

"Are you okay, Carson?"

I shook my head. Just his words made me feel like sobbing again. I held my breath and kept my head down.

"Tell me what's wrong."

I shook my head and squeezed my eyes tightly.

John placed a finger under my chin and pulled my head up. When my eyes connected with his, I completely lost it. I started crying hysterically and I found myself wrapping my arms around his neck and crying onto his chest.

He lied down and I lied next to him, continuing to cry as he tried his best to sooth me.

"I'm sorry." I murmured.

"Don't be."

I stayed quiet for a moment. "Some guy at the bar tonight... he got all over me and I," I sucked in a breath. "I never felt so week in my entire life."

John sat straight up, eyes wide. "What did he do to you?!"

I rubbed my eyes. "Don't worry. The guys took care of him and-"

John cut me off quickly. "And I was too drunk to do shit, wasn't I? Tell me, was I even in the immediate area when all this happened?"

"Well, no, but that's not the point-"

"You could have been hurt! I wasn't even there to help you! I'm such a freaking idiot!" John stood up, continuing the rant.

I quickly stood up and grabbed his hand. He instantly stopped and looked down at our hands. Then his eyes met mine.

"I'm fine John."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry for not updating in awhile!
This week is my second winter break and my family and I went away on vacation.
AND the week before this I had so many tests, I didn't get the chance to update.
I'm sorry!
But I hope you liked the chapter! :D