Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Into Your Arms

The arm wrapped around my side tightened, pulling me back into the body's arc. I moved in instinctively, as if this was a normal, typical reaction of mine. I was comfortable; I had to admit it. I wasn't used to being held in such a way though. This was more than unusual for me, yet at the same time, it felt so right; so normal.

At that moment, after snuggling in closer to the body did I realize where I was and who I was with. My eyes flickered open and scanned my bedroom. I looked down at the arms holding me and found them to be that deep tan with a mixture of sunburn.

It was John and despite everything that happened last night, I knew this for two reasons. One, he smelt like the ocean, yet there is no ocean in the immediate area. And two, he had on about a million bracelets on his left wrist- given to him by his fans.

I could have shot straight up and yelled at him; that was what was expected of me. But, despite this, I was terribly comfortable and I enjoyed John holding me, as much as it also wanted to make me barf.

Just then, John pulled me in even closer, if that is even possible. His warm breath was now scanning across the side of my neck. Chills sprinted down my arms and I bit my lip. Why was I getting such a sensation out of this?

I wanted to be the old me; the one who would jump up and kick John in the balls, but I couldn't find the strength, not after last night at least. John had seen a side of me no one has ever had. I was known as the strong girl, the one who doesn't give a fuck. But last night I was weak and I hated that I let him in on that girl.

"Carson?" John mumbled, groggily.

I pushed myself away and out of bed. "Personal bubble." I put my hands up and raised my eyebrows at him.

Right then and there I saw something I never have seen John do before. A deep crimson spread across John's cheeks and he looked down, avoiding eye contact and bit his lip. "Sorry." He said softly.

I stared at him for a moment, knowing that he wouldn't notice because of his averted gaze out my bedroom window.

Bullshit. What was so interesting that was out that window?

"Um," I looked around my bedroom, fidgeting slightly. "Want some breakfast?"

John looked back over at me, his cheeks now returning to their normal color. "Sure." He shrugged.

I nodded my head and walked out of the room. John followed quickly and we ended up in the kitchen. He took a seat at the kitchen table while I pulled out a box of Lucky Charms. "Are you okay with this?" I raised the bow, gesturing towards it.

John looked up, stuttering for a moment. "Uh, yeah. That's fine."

I poured two bowls and then added the milk before bringing it over to the table. I sat down across from John after giving him his bowl.

After several moments of silence and chewing John finally broke the silence. "You make a mean cereal."

I shrugged, looking over at the cereal box. "Well I'm pretty sure the leprechaun is who makes the charms." I shoved a spoonful into my mouth.

"Lucky?" John raised his eyebrows and looked stun. "That green suited midget does shit. You're the one with the real talent."

"Why thank you. It's nice to be appreciated." I grinned, then looked over at the box once more. "Is it's name Lucky?" I asked, cocking an eyebrow.

"I think so."

I nodded my head, chewing more of my cereal.

The two of us were obviously ignoring the elephant in the room. I had cried like an idiot last night and John got drunk as shit. But quite frankly, I had no desire to address the topic and as far as i knew, John wasn't too keen on the idea either.

"Thanks for taking me home last night, by the way." John's head raised from his cereal.

"It's no problem. I kind of owed you anyway."

He shrugged, smiling sweetly. "I would have let it slide anyway."

I looked down, biting my lip. I could feel my cheeks start to heat up. I couldn't look up at him, he would know. I didn't understand this. All of the sudden everything John said made me nervous and blush.

"Um, I'm just going to take a shower. You're welcomes to stay." I said.

"When's Sara coming?"

"Later tonight."

John nodded his head, thinking, while he took another spoonful of his cereal. "Well, have fun in your shower." He winked.

I rolled my eyes and realized we were back to the same old us. Someone just needed to break the ice and I think John just did.

I grabbed some towels before entering the bathroom and turning on the water for the shower. I quickly stripped and stepped into the hot water. I took a fairly quick shower and finished within ten minutes. I towel dried my hair for a minute of two before deciding to just let it air dry.

I stepped out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around me. Upon walking into my bedroom, I found John sitting on the edge of my bed going through a photo album.

"John." I snapped sternly.

He turned around and suddenly his eyes went wide. He stood up and threw the photo album on the bed. "Shit Carson." He stuttered and backed away. "I'm so sorry! Sorry!"

"Leave!" I yelled.

He covered his eyes. "Yes. Leaving. Now."

John shut the door behind him and I let out a sigh. It wasn't until then that I realized the two of us weren't back to normal.

If we were back to normal John would have made some sort of perverted joke out of it and I would have snapped back at him. If everything was the same again, John wouldn't have covered his eyes.

I shook the thought and sat down on the edge of my bed. I picked up the photo album rested on my bed. I scanned through pages of familiar relatives, occasionally stopping on a picture of my parents.

I then found several photos of Rich and I and then my brother and I and many others consisting of my sibling and I with our Aunt and Uncle.

I turned a couple of more pages to find several photographs of my uncle with a young boy with bright bleach blonde hair. I cocked an eyebrow at it. I examined the face of the boy in several of the pictures.

In one, both him and Rich held a guitar, while in another they stood posing with records at the store.

It then clicked.

I quickly got dressed, grabbed the album and rushed out of my room. I found John in the living room and sat down next to him.

My left thigh touched his right and I instantly felt my stomach flipped. I ignored it.

"Carson, I am so so-"

I cut him off. "Shut up for now." I quickly spoke. "Is this you?" I slipped open to the pictures of the boy with my Uncle.

John gave a sheepish smile while looking down at them. "Yep."

I bit my lip, nodding my head. I wasn't sure why I found it so important to know whether it was John or not, but either way, knowing made me feel fulfilled.

"And this is you." John flipped a couple of pages back to a picture of me in cowgirl costume.

I blushed deeply and covered my face, laughing. "Yes, that is me."

"Aw. You were a cute kid."

"Thanks." I mumbled, holding in my smile.

John looked over at me, offering his smile. He let out his signature laugh and I felt my stomach yet again, doing flips.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about not updating recently! School has been crazy!
I'll try to do better!
Comment! :)