Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Time To Go

The game continued. I felt sorry for the guys; especially Garrett who had to endure making out with Wendy.

When he pulled away, he excused himself to go into the kitchen. He came back into the living room several minutes later with a water bottle half drunken already.

I smirked at this and then sighed heavily, turning my attention back to the game at hand.

"Okay Garrett," Tara began. "You're turn."

Gare rolled his eyes, obviously not pleased with the game's turnout so far. He ran a hand through his hair and scanned the faces of the living room. "Alright, alright." He mumbled, thinking to himself.

"Okay I got one." Garrett's eyes settled on John.

"Shit." John muttered, realizing Garrett's intentions.

"Truth or dare?" Gare asked.

"Dare, I guess." John shrugged.

Garrett's eyes flickered to me quickly and then back to John. "I dare you to kiss Carson. Just a kiss, nothing less, nothing more." He grinned.

John's lips parted slightly and eyes widened.

"No. That's not happening." Tara interfered.

Garrett held up his hands and shrugged. "Sorry. I dared him."

Tara fumed and her face was already red. She groaned loudly and huffed. "Fine. Just a kiss," She then peered over at me. "but don't get any ideas."

I started to laugh and rolled my eyes at her. I positioned myself so i was facing John and suddenly reality hit.

I was going to kiss John.

I sucked in a breath and looked into those green eyes of his. He offered a weak smile, but was obviously shy about this- which surprised me a great deal.

John was a played. He had been shouting out sexual innuendoes since the minute I met him, even before. But now, he clearly did not want to kiss me- and I was sure it had absolutely nothing to do with Tara being here.

When John's eyes shut,, I closed mine as well. I slowly leaned in, my face burning, I began to feel his breath on my lips. Here it comes.

Just then, the lights in the house flickered, causing both John and I to snap our heads back and open our eyes. The lights stopped flickering and permanently stayed on. The girls cheered, especially Tara.

"Games over! Lights are on!"

I swallowed the lump in my throat and kept my eyes on John, who was still looking at me.

"Uh," I began, but no words came out.

John bit his lip and nodded his head silently. He then turned his back towards me and wrapped an arm around Tara.

I sat there, awestruck and the pit of my stomach aching. I could feel my face drop and my lips jut out slightly. I scratched the side of my neck and looked down at the couch cushion for a minute, digesting what exactly just happened, or what didn't happen. The expression on John's face was nothing i had ever seen before- os nothing I had ever seen on him.

I looked up, shaking the thought and glancing around the room.

I noticed across from me sat Garrett, smirking at me. "What?" I spat out, annoyed.

He shrugged. "Nothing."

*********

Although the lights had come on, the storm was still raging and therefore, no one could possibly go home, or go outside at the least.

We decided on watching a movie, but really without my consent. I was sort of in a phase. I let everything go on around me without taking part. I hardly even knew what was going on. I just sat there, at the edge of my couch, every now and then peering over at John and Tara on the other end.

I think I was jealous. Not jealous that she had John or anything, I was just jealous about what they had. Sure, I had boyfriends in the past, but I never had a relationship like that. NOt saying that their relationship was healthy, it was far from it, believe me. But, although Tara certainly was a bitch, John treated her like a fucking queen.

The boyfriends that I had in the past we real douche bags, really only using me for making out and other shit- in which I refused to do. My brother was right, I was a virgin. I was about as in experienced at they came. I mean yeah, I knew how to make my way around a mouth all right and I had a fair deal in showing off my breasts when guys wanted me too.

It makes me sick; thinking about doing that. I just wanted attention, that's really it. My parent's ignored me, my friends were idiots, I didn't really have anyone and if doing that was going to get some guy to like me it seemed easy enough.

I never went all the way, but I would never admit. I have a reputation to withhold.

"I'm convinced that you are not alright."

I looked up to find Garrett sitting on the arm of the couch next to me. I shrugged. "Believe what you want."

"Well I am. You're upset about something."

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not."

"That generally means you are."

I huffed loudly and shook my head. I turned towards the opposite side of the couch, my back facing Garrett.

Bad idea.

There was Tara, straddling John's waist and sucking his face off.

"Ugh," I groaned, turning back towards Garrett.

"You looked pretty upset that you couldn't finish that kiss between you and John." He observed.

"What? No!"

Garrett raised his eyebrows. "You sure? Oh well. He looked pretty upset too."

He caught my attention. "What?" I asked, looking up with wide eyes.

"Ah, now you're responding actively."

I rolled my eyes yet again. "Oh, shut up." I muttered.

He chuckled and sighed. "Where's your aunt?"

"Out of town."

"Lucky. I don't know what we would have done if we showed up and she was here."

"Well, I know what she would have done."

"What's that?"

"Kicked those three bitches out. And take the beer of course. She probably would have let you guys stay. She likes John."

"That's because she knows John." He said.

"Yeah," I nodded. "but she doesn't know that John."

I glanced over once more, cringing at the couple who were all over themselves. I nearly gagged, but sighed instead, walking into the kitchen to grab a beer and drink it all down.
♠ ♠ ♠
:) Hope you liked this chapter!
Comment please!!