Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Untangle Me

"It's too hot." I muttered, wiping the sweat off my forehead and adjusting my sunglasses. I watched The Maine set up their stage that they would be playing on in about three hours.

There was a local festival here that they decided to play at. They wanted me to come, and despite protest, I decided to stop by.

"I thought you'd be used to the heat by now." Jared commented.

I sighed, "Not just yet."

I glanced around the area. The guys seemed to be finishing up and making their way towards where Jared and I stood. That is, of course from John.

John and I had been on strange terms since the small 'party' at my house. We didn't hang out, and whenever we were within a mile radius of each other we would avoid any type of contact.

I was fine with that though. I didn't understand how John could go out with a girl like Tara. He was smart, talented, funny and tall. She was extremely unintelligent and short. That's it.

I looked over at John, who was standing on the stage. I caught his eyes glancing my way and when they connected, I looked away quickly.

"What time do you guys go on?" I asked, my eyes still glancing over at John every so often.

"Five. We have a good two hours or so." Pat responded.

"I say we go eat." Kennedy remarked. The guys nodded their heads, agreeing and then followed Kennedy to a white tent off in the distance.

I followed them, not really paying attention to where I was going exactly. All I knew was that I missed John, as stupid as that sounds. All I wanted to do was talk to him again, even if that conversation consisted of insults and sexual innuendos. Despite these flaws, John withheld an interesting conversation at all times. Whether it was about his views on music or just making fun of me, he was always intriguing.

So, I guess that doesn't sound right- or healthy, but hey, John was half way decent I suppose.

I always got excited when I saw him. Not to mention whenever he came over to help my Aunt with something it made me smile constantly.

By this time, I was under the tent and on a line waiting to get some food. I picked up a tray and moved along the line, but crinkled my nose at the food being served. There was some weird stew, which did not look appetizing whatsoever. I sighed heavily and placed the tray back down, suddenly losing my appetite. Instead, I bought a bottle of water.

I glanced around the picnic table under the tent in search for the guys. I spotted them towards the back. John had now joined them and it looked as if the only empty seat left was next to him. Sighing, I moved forward.

"Uh, excuse me?" A voice came from in back of me.

The voice caught me off ground and in response I spun around quickly, nearly losing my balance.

Behind me stood an extremely good looking guy with dark, shaggy brown hair with blue eyes on his knee picking up something off the ground. He held forward the item and slowly stood up. Unfortunately, I was too busy staring at this guy to notice what he was holding out.

"I think you dropped this." He inquired, but I was still too busy staring at him and letting his wonderful voice flow through me.

I wasn't this kind of girl. I didn't fall for guys like this. If I thought a guy was hot, I made out with him, went on a couple dates, then dump his sorry ass. Nothing like this.

My words got caught in my throat and for a moment I think the both of us thought I was going to choke. "T-thank you." I reached out and grabbed what seemed to be my car keys.

I turned around slowly, my face blazing hot. I bit my lip and cringed. I then took a step forward and made my way to the table where I'm pretty sure the guys were all staring at what just happened.

"Wait up!" The guy behind me called up.

I sucked in a deep breath and yet again cringe. Time to once again, embarrass myself to no end.

This was so new to me. I was never like this. I sucked in a deep breath, shook my head and stared straight at the stranger, now feeling slightly better.

"Yes?" There, I was slowly regaining my confidence.

"I'm Russell." He stuck his hand out.

I grinned, feeling ten times better. He seemed nervous, which gave me back my edge. I was the dominate one here- where I always was.

"Carson." I shook his hand.

"So, this might be weird, but you seem nice- and not to mention you are very pretty. Would you, um, like to go out sometime?"

I shrugged, bit my lip and looked up at him. Putting on an act was key to getting a guy to fall for you. In normal circumstances I would never bite my lip, but guys enjoyed it- I learned that from watching other girls back home. Guys melted when they see a girl bite their lip- seductively that is.

"'I suppose so. That'd be nice."

"Great!" He responded quickly.

We exchanged phone numbers before parting ways, me grinning as well as him. I sucked in a deep breath and relaxed as I walked back to the table. Despite this, my face still felt immensely hot and I knew I had to be blushing. I hadn't been asked out in a long time.

I sat down next to John- not feeling bad about him as I was about ten minutes ago. John's eyes were darting out at me.

The rest of the band were staring at me too.

"What was that?!" Garrett nearly shouted.

"I just got asked out." I smiled.

"Did you now?" Jared grinned. "I don't think I've seen you smile like that ever." He commented.

I let out a laugh and shrugged.

"You're glowing!" Pat observed, once again, making me laugh.

"What's the lucky guy's name?" The low, unenthusiastic voice came from next to me.

Surprised and with wide eyes, I looked at John, who all the sudden looked to be very close to me. "Uh," I started but was unable to finished while looking at him. "his name is Russell."

John rolled his eyes and took a sip of his beer. I ignored this and looked away. At that point, I tried to engage myself in whatever conversation the guys were taking part in now.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

John was trashed. I was panicking. And the guys seemed to be fine.

I don't understand this at all.

If there was once thing I've learned about John O'Callaghan it's that he drinks a lot of liquor and throwing up until his insides hurt does not stop him from drinking more.

The Maine is about to go on and John is slurring his words like no other. "How the fuck are you suppose to sing?" I hissed at him.

John turned to me, grinning. At that moment, he pushed me up against the stage's back wall and pressed his body against mine. "You don't need to worry about that, sweetheart." He whispered, the stench of beer on his breath made me want to throw up.

"Get the fuck off me John." I mumbled.

"Make me." He continued grinning as he slowly started leaning towards me, with closed eyes.

Anger boiled inside me at the realization that he was attempting to kiss me. Completely wasted, nonetheless. I quickly brought my leg up and kneed him in the balls.

He retaliated instantly- which I expected. "Ow, ow, ow." He jumped around.

I marched over to him and slapped him across the face. I then pointed to him as he stared at me in awe. "Don't you ever try that shit on me again. Do you hear me John?"

He nodded his head, still crouching over.

"Now get the fuck on that stage and I swear to god, if you sing like shit, I'll beat the crap out of you again."

John nodded his head, then fell to the ground. On his hands and knees, he began vomiting. I rolled my eyes and walked away.

"Jared," I walked towards where he stood, holding his guitar.

Jared looked up. I pointed to where John was. "He's at it again." I mumbled, raising my eyebrows and sighing.

Jared, along with Garrett who noticed where I was pointing immediately went to John's rescue.

This day was turning out to be terrible. I was starting to wish I hadn't even come. That is, until I felt a tap on my shoulder.

I turned around to find Russell standing there, smiling sweetly. "Hey." He greeted me.

"Hi." I smiled back innocently and at once everything hit me.

I can to Arizona to change- or at least that's what my parents wanted, so why go back to my old ways. Why fuck a perfectly good guy over? He seems nice and damn, he is good looking. So maybe, for once, I can actually have a half way decent relationship with a guy. Maybe I can actually have a boyfriend.

That's when I decided what I wanted. I wanted a nice guy to be my boyfriend. I wanted more than making out and hooking up.

"Are you familiar with this band?" He asked.

"Oh, yeah," I nodded smiling. "They're friends of mine, sorta."

"That's cool."

"Hey, can I ask you how you got back stage exactly?"

He flashed me a smile and chuckled. "I'm working here. Actually, I'm in college, but came down to Arizona for the summer. I decided I had to much spare time and a friend of mine is working here and said they needed an extra hand. Really I'm just carrying a bunch of equipment, but hey, money is money."

I shrugged. "Money is great!"

"You said it!"

We laughed and talked some more. After about five minutes, our conversation was interrupted by a recovering John walking by us and on stage. "Ugh, get a fucking room."

I blushed and looked away, cringing. I wasn't one to blush. This was all new for me.

"That's my friend John. Sorry about him. He had one to many drinks."

"I see that," Russell furrowed his brow. "Isn't he the singer?"

"Yeah." I replied in a mono-tone and sighed as I watched John greet the fans by slurring a "WeareeeeetheMainnneee!Woo!"

I shook my head and turned to Russell. "I'm sorry, but I really need to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid. I'll catch up with you later."

"Sounds good. I'll call you."

I smiled and watched him walk away as The Maine started to play their first few songs.

After about three songs, John decided to start talking. I cringed at the sound of his voice while talking, but surprisingly, while singing, he was just as good. Who would have guessed?

"You know what sucksss?" John spoke into the microphone, his slurring slowly fading away.

The crowd cheered in response to John's questions.

"Not knowing how you feel," John paused and my eyes wide. He didn't even sound the slightest bit drunk anymore. "You hate someone sometimes, but you know you would jump in front of a train for them. You distance yourself from them, but you know, in the end you can't stay away."

"You get so jealous anytime another guy comes close to them. She makes you want to pull your hair out! She's just so pretty and you don't know how to control yourself around her."

John was staring off into space as his speech continued. Why was my heart pounding violently?

"She's lovely. She's so smart. She's angry. She's sad. She's beautiful. She's breathtaking. She's a bitch. She's happy. She's lost. She's funny. She's herself and I just don't know."

I noticed John look to the side of the stage where I stood. I was just about to grab my bag and leave, when the knot in my throat got larger.

"She's everything you've ever wanted, yet you're too stupid to do anything about it."

I sucked in a deep breath and took one long glare at John, then pulled myself away from his eyes, staring at me. I practically ran to my car. I pulled out my keys and tried to get them in the door but couldn't because my hands were shaking. I finally got them in and turned the keys. I flung myself into the car, throwing my bag in the backseat. I shut the door violently and sat for a moment in my chair, practically hyperventilating.

He was drunk.

He didn't know what he was talking about.

He wasn't talking about you.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hellllllloooooooooo!
So, let me give you the ever-so lame excuse for why I haven't updated in forever!
Tests. Quizes. Homework. Exams. Finals. Regents.
My school and classes got ridiculous and I had to set aside time to study and do my work, I couldn't think about what I wanted to write about either and blahhhhh blahh blahh
Okay, but I am officially on summer break!
Therefore, I have NO test and NO homework so I can write all the time!
I'm really looking forward to writing and I have great ideas for this fic.
I'm not going anywhere!

I really hope I still have my readers! You guys are always so great to me.