Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

We Change, We Wait

"You look really nice Carson." Russell said, swallowing hard and smiling with a large expression.

I pushed out a fake smile as I sat down at the table and placed the cloth napkin over my lap. "Thank you." I nodded my head, but was far from the conservation we were having.

Russell continued talking. Something about a new music store opening up. At first, I didn't realize this- I was too busy thinking about the previous events. Then I caught on.

"A music store?" I asked, my eyes nearly bugging out of my head.

"Yeah," he nodded his head. "it looks pretty cool to me. You can buy CD's and other equipment. I'm sure your friends in that band would love it."

"Russell," I began, "I work in a store exactly like that. My Aunt owns the store."

His eyes widened. "Oh. Well, I guess you guys have some competition coming."

I sighed heavily. "That's the last thing we need." I mumbled.

Russell offered a sympathetic smile, but it didn't do anything for me. He opened his menu and began to read it. "So, what looks good?"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You're nineteen. Really?"

I chuckled and nodded my head. "Yeah!"

Russell grabbed my hand, interlocking our fingers as we walked into the bar. "Well, I guess I'll have to order the drinks for us. Try to stay hidden."

I shrugged. "Okay.'

"Wait," He turned to me abruptly. "You do drink, don't you? I know you're under twenty one and everything....." He trailed off.

I smiled, laughing again. "I do. I'm not that good girl that you think I am."

"Who said I thought that?" He grinned, turning to me and wrapping his arms around my waist. His hands slowly and seductively trailed down my back as I reached up and locked my arms around his neck. He rocked to the music playing. His lips were just about to touch mine when someone nearby coughed loudly and obnoxiously.

Our heads back away from each other and we glanced to the side of us. I let out a heavy sigh upon realizing who it was.

"Russell," I began, 'these are my friends Pat, Kennedy, and Garrett." I pointed to each.

"Nice to meet you guys." Russell shook their hands.

"You too." Garrett mumbled, looking the guy up and down.

I cocked my eyebrow and shot Pat a curious glance. "Carson, can we talk to you.... privately?" Pat asked, looking over at Russell.

"Uh," I looked up at my date.

He offered a smile. "Go ahead. I'll get us drinks."

I smiled. "Thank you. It will only be a minute."

With that, Garrett grabbed my hand and pulled me off to a corner in the bar. "What the hell happened?" He said angrily.

I shrugged. "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Don't give us that shit Carson." He warned.

Kennedy sighed heavily. "We went to pick up John and Jared at John's apartment. When we got there and asked them to hang out, he started yelling at us and shit."

"It was scary." Pat chimed in.

"And what does any of that have to do with me?" I questioned, already knowing the answer.

"Jared came outside afterwards and told us you got mad at him. He didn't want to leave John alone so after that, he went back inside." Garrett confessed.

I looked back over at Russell, who was ordering us drinks now.

"I don't know."

"Carson-"

I cut off Garrett aggressively. "I don't know Gare. I don't know."

"Well I do."

I furrowed my brow. "Then why the fuck are you asking me?"

He shook his head. "As much as you wouldn't admit it and neither would John, you two have some sort of weird connection and I doubt I'm the only one who has realized it. Despite the fact you two get into a new fight every week, you still are friends and you still want to hang out and overall just be with each other."

"Well aren't you observant."

"No, he's not. I noticed it too." Kennedy said.

I slumped my shoulders down. "I don't even get what you're saying!"

Garrett sighed heavily. "You're impossible."

My eyes widened. "Fine. I'm going." I walked over to Russell at the bar, leaving the three guys behind me.

I grabbed the drink in Russell's hand and chugged it down. "Anxious now, are we?" He grinned, observing me.

"You could say that." I felt the blood rush to my head. I grabbed his wrist. "Let's dance." I smiled and pulled him onto the dance floor.

Russell and I danced some more and I continued drinking more. I hadn't been this drunk since the first night I came to the bar with The Maine. The night John took me back to his apartment to sleep it off.

Thinking about this, a knot tied in my throat. I could barely speak or move to the beat of the music. Russell dance closed behind me, his hands tight on my hips. I stood there as he did this, barely rocking back and forth to the music.

Right then, I noticed a familiar figure and stature walk into the bar. Tall and lanky, I already recognized who it was without taking another glance.

I spun around, facing Russell, pushing out a seductive grin and placing my hands on his cheeks.

"Wanna get out of here?" Russell said, grinning.

I bit my lip and looked up at him. "Sure."

He grabbed my hand and leaded me to the front door. Seconds before we reached it, I was stopped. A long, skinny, yet muscular arm stretched out in front of me in between Russell and I.

"We have to talk."

I looked up at John, narrowing my eyes. "I have nothing to say." My words were slurred.

Russell looked back at us. "Carson, is he bothering you?"

John snapped his head over to Russell. "Stay out of this."

Russell took a couple steps towards John. "You think you're so tough, don't you? Well guess what, you're not. And another news flash buddy, she picked me over you. There's a reason for that."

John stepped away from me and faced Russell. "What are you trying to say?"

"We're not in the seventh grade anymore buddy. If you have feelings for someone, you say it. And I know you do. Doesn't matter though, because she's with me. She rather be with someone successful than a college dropout."

John laughed. "Oh, then you obviously don't know Carson at all. She didn't even go to college, nonetheless care about it."

"She needs someone to support her. And I'm willing to do that."

John rolled his eyes. "She's fucking nineteen buddy. I doubt she cares about that right now. And if you think she does, then I don't know who you've been dating the past two weeks."

"Not you."

John narrowed his eyes, but I cut in before anything else could happen. "Guys, guys, guys," I sounded like a complete idiot. Why did I drink this much? "Cut it out. Now, Russell, go get the car. I'll be right out."

"You sure?"

I almost fell forward while turning towards him. John grabbed my arm quickly, steadying me. "Yes." I mumbled.

Once Russell was out of the building, John turned me towards him. "You do know what that guys is going to do. Don't you? He's going to take advantage of you Carson."

I shrugged. "So?"

He shook his head and tapped his foot. "Carson, you think you're this tough person and hey, you might have been the queen of hooking up and screwing guys before you came here, but I don't trust this Russell guy, and why would you do it when you're drunk. You won't even remember it. Please don't so this. Please." John continued to plead.

He rambled on and on until I cut him off. "John, I'm a virgin."

"What? Really?"

"Don't make fun of me." I mumbled and slurred.

"I'm not. I would never." He placed a gentle hand on my shoulder. His tone suddenly lowered. "I'm uh, I'm a virgin too." He whispered.

Despite the fact I was drunk, I still caught on to this. I started to laugh hysterically. "Don't give me you're bullshit John."

He bit his lip and sighed. "Don't go with him."

"No. Maybe I want to loose my virginity to this guy! Ever think of that?!"

"You don't. You only met him two weeks ago."

I shook my head stubbornly.

He sighed. "Then you only leave me one choice." John grabbed my purse and dug through it until he found my phone.

"What are you doing!" I yelled, fighting him for it.

"I'm texting Russell that you can't come and you're going home with me because you feel sick."

"No!"

"You'll thank me later." John placed the phone back in my purse and grabbed my hand. He guided me outside and over to his white van.

"Ugh." I groaned.

"Don't complain about my car."

I huffed and placed my hands over my chest. "Fine."

"Well, not to put a damper on everything, but your Aunt is extremely upset about you yelling before and you're drunk, so I think going back to her house is a big 'no'. I could take you to your brother's place, but I think he would shoot me. So I guess you're coming home with me!" He turned and gave me a big smile.

I flashed him my middle finger before putting my head in between my knees and throwing up all over his passenger seat.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for all the comments!
You guys are great :)