Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Listen To Your Heart

"I can't believe he invited her." Garrett mumbled as he sat down next to me with a plate of food.

Suddenly, I wasn't as hungry as before. I picked at the salad in front of me and mainly stuck to drinking the cup full of soda.

"Tell me about it." I replied back in a hush tone.

"You don't even know, he was just complaining to me about two hours ago about how annoying she is. Yet, here the damn bitch is. In the pool with him, practically having sex with him on the stairs."

I looked over at the pool. Garrett was right. John was sitting on the stairs, in his bathing suit with Tara on top of his lap, facing him. She was sucking on his neck, jawline, basically everywhere above his waist- thank god, above his waist.

"His family is right here too. Isn't he embarrassed? God." I shook my head.

"I know. My parents would be mortified if that was me. Actually, they would be mortified if I even brought home a girl like that."

We were quiet for a minute just eating and shooting daggers at the couple in the pool.

"What I don't get is that he knows you hate her. He knows how much you don't think he's right for her. And he's trying to make it up to you. He's sorry about what he did to upset you, yet he invites this bitch over. I just don't get it."

I swallowed hard. "That's why he was being all nice to me, wasn't it? Why he was holding my hand, and smiling at me and shit."

Garrett shook his head. "No, I don't know what that was about," He laughed. "I just know he wants to make you happy."

"I don't think that," I gestured to the two of them. "makes anyone happy."

"Neither do I."

Just then, Ross sat down next to us. "Normally," Ross said, stuffed a couple fries in his mouth and swallowed. "I'd be happy for my brother. I really would. Especially since he scored something as hot as that. But, now," Once again, he took a bite of his burger, then continued talking. "Now I just don't want to see that shit."

"He's twenty fucking two. Not a teenager anymore. Not saying that he should be settling down or anything, but he knows better than to be with a complete whore that most likely doesn't even care about him."

Ross stuffed some more food in his mouth. "And I get it, I really do. I understand he's a rock star and blah blah blah. But I think he was raised better than that. I mean hell, he had some pretty great girlfriends in high school, right Gare?"

"Oh yeah." Garrett nodded his head.

"But, in the end, he ended up in a band and then felt like he needed that. Hell, there are a lot better groupies he could get. And he's a well rounded smart guy. He could get any girl he wants- but he got that. Ugh. She's like a walking STD."

"I agree." I said.

"So here's what I say," Ross began. "You and I," he pointed towards me. "act all touchy feely tonight- and I swear to god I won't disrespect your boundaries or anything. But I know my brother and I know he cares about you. He'll blow off Tara and come to beat me up, which will make Tara think he likes you. She's already suspicious. And then they'll break up."

Garrett and I raised our eyebrows.

"That's...uh..."

"Brilliant!" Garrett cut me off.

"Great! Now get your bathing suit on. We're going in the pool first. If I'm pushing it, just tell me. Okay?"

"Uh,"

"She's got it. Go get changed." Garrett ordered.

"Wh-"

"Go go go. You'll be fine. Ross is a good guy. You can trust him."

I sighed heavily, slumping my shoulders. I went into the O'Callaghan household and changed into my two piece in the bath room.

When I walked outside, extremely insecure, I was happy to see that most of the adults went inside. It was darker outside and the men wanted to watch a game on the t.v and the women went into the kitchen to try out wine.

I bit my lip as I approached the pool.

"WHOA!" Shane yelled from across the pool. "Damn!" He was looking straight at me.

"Shane." John hissed from his spot on the steps.

John's head snapped back over to me and I looked away, playing the game I knew so well. All of the sudden, I found myself again. I wasn't shy anymore. I knew who I was- my confident self.

I eyed Ross at the other side of the pool who winked at me. I jumped in and Garrett immediately swam over to me. "The other guys know the plan, so don't worry. You got this?"

I grinned. "Oh yeah."

Garrett chuckled. "I knew this was right up your alley. I figured it would work just like the time Kennedy and you made out at the party. You have know idea how mad John was at Kenny the next day."

"It's true." Kennedy whispered from behind him.

I shook my head and swam over to Ross. The rest of the guys, excluding John and Tara, started to play a game.

Ross and I swam in an area not too close to John, but just where he could see us.

"I'm going to whisper things to you and you're going to laugh, okay?"

I nodded my head. "Got it."

I did as told and even wrapped my arms around Ross's neck. I forgot about this side of me- the wilder side. I seemed to have lost her somewhere within the past few weeks.

At one point, I wrapped my legs around Ross's waist, where as he placed his hands on my butt, holding me up. He started to lightly kiss my neck and I giggled seductively.

A loud cough at the end of the pool made our heads snap back.

The look on John's face nearly scared the shit out of me. Suddenly, I was scared. I felt guilty for what we were doing. Was it really making him that mad?

Tara slipped off his lap and looked over at Ross and I, who was still practically attached to me.

"Ross, can I talk to you?"

I slid off Ross, but before I could reach the ground, he placed his hands on my bottom once again and pushed me back up. "Maybe later."

Right then and there, Ross kissed me flat on the lips, which made me open my eyes widely, but then I sunk in. I began kissing him back and even bit his bottom lip, pulling it out and then snapping it back.

"Now." John demanded, his voice nearly scaring the crap out of me.

I swallowed hard as Ross walked out of the pool with John. He looked over at me and winked. John noticed this and glared at him, then shot his head over to me. He was not happy.

Tara got out of the pool and wrapped a towel around her. She sat down at the table on the other side of the pool and picked up her phone.

I swam over to the rest of the guys.

"Holy shit. That's the maddest I've ever seen him." Shane commented.

"Shhhh," Jared hushed us. "Do you hear that?"

We all quieted down. Off to the side of the house you could hear shouting. It was John's voice.

"Fuck."

The guys all looked over at me.

"What? You did great!" Kennedy said.

I swallowed hard and shook my head. "I feel bad. Really bad."

"Don't worry. John and Ross always get into fights. It's no big deal." Shane waved me off.

I sucked in a deep breath. "No, I just feel bad about making John angry. He's probably pissed at me. And look," I quieted myself. "Tara isn't even phased."

"She'll catch on eventually. You just have to push it a little more."

I sighed and noticed the shouting stopped.

"Are you in or not?" Garrett asked.

I looked at the guys' faces. They were desperate. They hated this girl. They hated what she was doing to John. She was ruining the band.

I sighed. "I'm in."

We decided to get out of the pool. Pat offered me a towel, which I gladly accepted. We waited for Ross and John to get back, which they did- eventually.

Ross sat down next to me, which John noticed right away. He shot daggers at his brother, who just grinned.

John then looked at me- he wasn't angry. His expression was a mix between sorrow, anguish, and disappointment. I bit my lip and looked away from him.

"Now what?" Pat asked.

"Bon fire!" Ross said and walked over to the fire pit on the patio.

We lit the fire and sat around it. I snuggled up close to Ross, who wrapped an arm around me. He kissed the top of my head and I reached up and kissed his cheek.

I knew this was what was going to make John more angrier. John like simple things. He wanted a relationship- or so I thought. I knew that's what I wanted. I sort of got caught up in the whole thing. Having someone hold me, kiss me gently and whisper things in my ear.

I didn't want what I used to. I didn't want meeting some random guy and hooking up. I wanted something that meant something- anything.

John's eyes were on us the whole time. Throughout the conversations we had amongst the whole group he took part in none. He sat there completely still, ignoring Tara. Staring into the fire and looking at us back and forth the entire time.

I felt beyond guilty and at one point, John and I caught each other's eyes. I smiled at him and looked him in the eyes.

He didn't smile back.

"Ugh!" Finally, Tara stood up and marched away from the fire.

John followed her, asking her what was wrong. "That's what's wrong!" She pointed at me.

She marched over at me, grabbed my wrist, clawing her finger nails into my skin. She pulled me up onto my feet.

It was sort of funny. Here, I had this girl screaming at me, that was really short. I hadn't even realized it until now. I practically look down at her.

"Why are you so obsessed with her!?!" Tara yelled, looking over at John. "She's the only thing you've been paying attention to the past hour!"

"I..I-I..I" John stuttered.

"And fuck you!" She turned to me. "You're such a fucking filthy slut. I mean really? Getting it on with his brother right in front of him.? Are you that stupid?"

Now I was angry.

"Me?! What about you, you hypocrite?! You were all over him in the pool and this entire time. God, you were practically having sex on the stairs over there! Right in front of his whole family! Do you have any decency whatsoever? No one wants to see that shit. Especially his family. Aren't you embarrassed at the least?"

She rolled her eyes. "No one even fucking wants you here. This whole town hates you. You are aware of that, aren't you? I mean god, what kind of person leaves their dying uncle alone during his final days. Everyone in this town went to his funeral, except you. His family."

She went on talking, but I ignored her. I shook my head, anger boiling inside of me. All of the guys there knew she crossed a line. John tried to stop her, but she just continued.

It happened in an instant.

My hand flung up and I smacked her across the face with all my strength. She fell to the ground and I stood there awkwardly. I let out a laughed then looked at John, who's eyes were nearly out of their sockets. I shrugged and looked behind me to find the guys stifling their laughter.

"I didn't realize I was that strong." I chuckled.

John knelt down and ask if Tara was okay. She shot up and looked at him. "Of course I'm not okay! She just slapped me and you stood there. Do something you asshole!"

"I, uh, I can't." He muttered.

She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "God! You are the worst boyfriend ever. First, you won't even pay attention to me. Then, you don't defend me! I mean really, you won't even put out. What kind of guy doesn't want to have sex?"

I stood there, almost in shock. I looked over at John to find his mouth hanging open. "Um..." He began and I watched as his Adam's apple bobbed.

Suddenly, he shook his head and sucked in a deep breath then exhaled. "You know what Tara, it's over. Officially. I never want to go out with you again and I mean that. You're a fucking psycho. Honestly. I hate you. Go away."

Tara stood there, here mouth hanging open. "Fine!" She spun around and walked out of the backyard.

Everyone remained silent for several moments before erupting into cheers. I was complimented several times on my arm and John got a couple slaps on the back. Despite this, he remained silent and almost in a daze.

Ross came over to me, grabbed my shoulders and kiss me on the mouth yet again.

"That's it!' John shouted upon seeing this.

Ross grinned and ran from of John. Although this lasted for a good two minutes, the chase ended eventually and John pinned Ross on the ground.

John held a fist in the air and I suddenly noticed how mad John exactly was. "Shit. Don't!" I shouted, and ran towards them. I believe the rest of the guys followed me, but I couldn't tell.

I got to them right before John's fist began moving towards Ross. I grabbed it in the air and pulled John off the ground in one swift motion. I had to think of a way to convince him- to make his anger to go away.

I wasn't thinking. I did what my instincts told me. I pulled John down, grabbed his face and pulled it towards mine, pulling his lips onto mine. He was tense at first, but once realizing what was happening, melted into the kiss and also cupped my face.

I didn't expect any of this and it is going to sound corny when I say I never experienced a kiss like this before. It created butterflies in my stomach and it practically made them fly into every inch of my body. Goosebumps ran down my spin.

John didn't stop. He continued pressing and pushing his lips onto mine harder and harder. He slipped his tongue in and so did I.

I didn't care about anyone watching. I kept my eyes closed and concentrated on John and only John. This was different than anything else. He was different.

It was then that I remember Russell. I was going out with him still. He was going to be my boyfriend- the steady relationship I always wanted. I abruptly pulled back from the kiss.

I looked away from him, at the ground. I was thankful it was dark so he wouldn't see that my cheeks were flushed with red.

"I had, to, um, get you to stop. Sorry." I coughed and looked away, not daring to meet eyes with him.

This seemed to have taken him by surprise. "Oh yeah, uh, yeah. I understand."

I looked at Ross, who was still on the ground, smiling like a fool with his eyebrows raised.

Everyone stood there, aside from Ross awkwardly. Well really, John and I were the only two who felt awkward and uncomfortable. The rest of the guys were smiling and grinning like idiots.

I glared at Garrett, almost pleading to bring up something for us to do. He understood this. "Oh look!" He looked at his phone. "It's just about nine o'clock. Aren't fireworks suppose to go off soon? We should probably go to the front yard."

The rest of the guys agreed and started for the front lawn. I noticed most of the adults were making their way outside once again, probably hoping to see some of the fireworks. Unfortunately, John and I were last following the guys into the front yard.

I turned to John, sucked in a deep breath. I reached out for his arm to stop him. "John,"

He turned around, eyebrows raised.

"I'm sorry. I just- I didn't want you to hurt your brother. I had to stop you and I just thought-"

He caught me off with a smile that gave me relief. "Don't worry Carson. I get it," He shrugged. "I would have gotten in big trouble anyway if my mom saw Ross with a black eye."

I smiled sheepishly and nodded my head. "I'm sorry."

"What? I just told you-"

This time, I cut him off. "No. I'm sorry for everything this past week. I don't hate you. At all. I just get agitated and I should really be thanking you. I mean, not only did you call Sara and explain everything, and make sure I didn't go home with Russell, but you also helped me get dressed and put my clothes and just- you really are so sweet and great to me and I've never thanked you. Thank you John. Thank you so much. Thank you."

"Hey, hey," John placed an arm around my shoulder. "It was the least I could do. Hey, will you sit next to me while we watch the fireworks?" His face lit up.

I laughed lightly. "Yeah. Of course."

"Come on." He held my hand and walked me towards the rest of the group.

We sat against the porch on the grass, covered in blankets. John and I shared a blanket. I leaned against his shoulder and inhaled his scent, which comforted me for some odd reason.

We watched the fireworks going off, but I could hardly concentrate on them. John continued whispering things into my ear and making me laugh lightly.

"One day, I'm going to name a star after you." He whispered.

"Are you now?" I grinned.

"Oh yes. And it's going to best star ever."

"You're very corny. You know that?"

He shrugged. "The corny stuff is the best, isn't it?"

"It is."

"Hey can I ask you something?"

"Shoot."

He hesitated before whispering. I felt his breath on my neck and when he went to whisper into my ear, his lips nearly touched my skin. The hair on skin practically stood up and sent electric waves throughout my body.

"Will you stay the night?"

I cocked an eyebrow and looked at him. "Please?" He smiled.

"Why?" I asked.

He shrugged. "I want you too. Plus, your Aunt has had one too many drinks- I saw her before. She's in no shape to be driving home."

"But I haven't had any drinks. I can drive us home."

"Yeah but it's late."

"And?" I asked, grinning.

"The roads are dark and scary."

I laughed lightly. "You're awfully persistent."

He shrugged. "I know."

I thought for a moment, looking up at the sky. "Fine."

"You will?"

"Yeah."

I looked at him, his face full of excitement. I started to chuckled.I leaned my head against his shoulder. I felt his lips gently kissed the top of my head. I sighed and closed my eyes. Remembering this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one night?!?!? What?!
You guys commented so quickly and I just had to post this.

AHHH! I think this is my favorite chapter yet :)
Hope you guys loved it too!