Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Everything I Ask For

"We have to talk about last night." John ordered as I was still walking down the staircase. I could barely even see him in the foyer, but then he walked at the bottom of the stairs.

I shrugged. "There really isn't anything to talk about. I made out with your brother a couple of times. I kissed you so you wouldn't beat him up. You took that as a long awaited invitation. Tricked me into getting into bed with you. Then I realized what you were getting at and left."

John sighed as I walked down the steps. I noticed us getting closer and closer to each other. For whatever reason, my heart rate picked up. I could practically hear my heart beating at an unnatural pace.

As I brushed past him, his scent engulfed me. I shook this and continued to the door.

"Sara's not here yet." John told me, as if that would get me to stay and talk to him some more.

I looked out the window and relief washed through me. Sara and Mrs. O'Callaghan were pulling into the driveway. "That's where you are wrong my friend."

I opened the door and started to push it forward before John cut me off with his words. "Come on Carson. You know that's what I wasn't getting at."

I shook my head and ignored him, nearly taking a step out the door.

"Why do you think that kissed worked so well anyway?"

His words pierced through me like a knife. A knot tied in my throat, I shut my eyes and sucked in a breath. I shook my head, looking down and walked out of the O'Callaghan residence.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"You guys kissed?!"

Taylor excitedly repeated herself for about the fifth time. She was glowing, her jaw wide open and eyes nearly popping out of their sockets.

"Yes. We kissed, okay? But that's not the point!"

She rolled her eyes. "Okay then, what is?"

I sighed heavily. "Come on, you've seen John in here before. He's the biggest player I know. And he almost got me into bed with him. But nope. I'm too smart for him. That dick."

Taylor shrugged. "Whatever you say Carson. I always thought John had a thing for you- in more than a sexual way that is. He comes in here and stalks you like crazy."

"He's in a band. He needs to buy equipment and shit."

"Every other day?"

"That's not true." I muttered.

She sighed heavily. "Fine. In all honesty, you two should just bang and get it over with. The sexual tension between you guys is driving me crazy."

I rolled my eyes and cocked an eyebrow at Taylor. "Yeah, okay." I commented sarcastically.

She laughed lightly then went back to unloaded a package of new CDs that came in. After about five minutes of silence she snorted.

"Speak of the devil." She nodded her head to outside the store.

Through the windows I could see Garrett, Pat, and John. My heart dropped into my stomach upon seeing him. My eyes dropped, ignoring him and praying that he wouldn't come in here.

Taylor laughed. "God, get a hold of yourself."

"Shut up." I hissed.

"Whatever. I got to go in the office and do some paperwork anyway. Have fun with them."

It had been three days since the barbeque and the 'incident'. The kiss John and I shared still lingered on my lips. Surprisingly, I found myself touching my lips thinking about it. I quickly threw my arm down and sucked in a deep breath.

Don't come in here. Don't come in here. Please don't come in here.

The bell at the front door sounded and I popped my head up to see Garrett and Pat entering the store with big smiles on their faces. The question to where John was planted in my mind, but I ignored it for the time being.

"How may I be able to help you gentlemen?" I smirked.

"We actually have a question for you this time." Garrett commented back.

"Oh yeah? Shoot."

Pat sucked in a breath. "Before we ask you, you have to forget everything that happened with John recently."

I shrugged and smiled. "I can do that easily."

Yeah, not really.

"Okay, are you ready?" Garrett asked, holding his arms out.

"I feel like you guys are about to pounce on me or something."

"Don't worry. We're not."

Pat sucked in a deep breath. "Canyoucomeontourwithusplease!? Itwillbesomuchfunandwe'llspendalmosteverynightinahotelsoitsnotlikewehavetostayonthebus? Pleasepleasepleaseplease?!"

"Whoa whoa whoa! What are you even saying? You're talking too fast."

Garrett rolled his eyes at Pat. "We want to know if you would like to come on tour with us? It's a short tour- just about a week or so. Nothing big."

"Tour?" I asked. "With you guys. And.....?" I leaned over the counter finally noticing John outside leaning against the building.

Garrett stepped in front of me, blocking my view. "You said you would forget everything involving John."

"But-"

He cut me off. "No buts."

I sighed heavily. "Oh yeah? And how does he feel about this? I'm sure he's not too pleased."

"He came up with the idea!" Pat nearly shouted.

My eyes widened. "What? Really?"

"Yeah, well we were told the morning of the barbeque and I'm sure John was going to ask you, but then you guys got in a fight about whatever it was this time..........." Garrett trailed off.

I sighed heavily. "I don't know guys.... it might be hard getting off from work...."

"She can come! Don't worry!" Taylor shouted from the back office, catching me off guard.

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks!" I shouted back.

"Please come! It'll be so much fun. We won't be in the van for most nights. Most of the time we'll be in hotels. And it's mainly some of Arizona and southern California. Please come!!" Pat urged me on.

I sighed heavily and rubbed my eyes. "You guys... I don't really know. My parents sent me to stay in Arizona. And strictly Arizona."

"They won't even find out!"

That was true. Plus, my parents had lost complete faith in me awhile ago. I doubt they'd even care.

"I think about it."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Everything packed?" Sara smiled at me as I made my way down the hallway.

I shook my head. "Why am I doing this? Shouldn't you be begging me not to spend a whole week and a half with a bunch of male twenty year old somethings in a tight, cramp van. Plus, I'm sure we'll be stopping at some sketchy hotels."

She chuckled and patted me on the back. "John's there. I trust him,"

You've got to be kidding me.

"Plus," She started. "I've met all those boys. They're so sweet."

I sighed heavily. "Yeah, yeah."

"Does Carter know?"

"No," I muttered. "Please don't tell him. He gets a bad vibe from John."

She furrowed her brow. "Really? Hmm. Oh well. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. And Russell? I'm surprised he approves of this."

"Yeah. Me too."

What a flat out lie. Russell would have never let me do this. I told him I was visiting my parents. What complete bullshit.

Sara and I made our way outside and less than five minutes later the sketchy, old, white, kidnappers drove up to the curb.

I gave Sara a kiss on the cheek and told her goodbye before walking towards the van. An unfamiliar face popped out of the drivers seat. The guy walked towards me with his hand extended. I shook it and introduced myself.

"Tim. I'm the tour manager. And Pat's brother, but that's not nearly as important." He grinned.

I laughed. "Nice to meet you. I'm Carson."

"I've heard all about you Carson," He laughed and took my bag from my hand. "I'll put this in the trailer. You can just hop on in the van and we'll be off."

"Sounds good." We parted ways, him taking my van to the trailer while I opened the van's door.

Upon entering the van a chorus of "Carson!"'s erupted. I grinned and greeted everyone, taking a seat next to Garrett and Kennedy, who sat in the front row. Up front sat Tim, the driver and Pat in the passenger seat.

Jared sat in the back row and of course, John sat silently directly behind me.

"Your ass is looking great today. I mean really, A-plus."

The guys groaned loudly. "John." Jared warned from the back.

"What? She thinks I'm a man-whore, then I'll be one!"

I ignored him, shaking my head and silently looking out the window. Despite this, his statement made my heart dropped into my stomach. I felt defeated and for whatever reason guilty. I didn't want this John back. I never wanted this John. But I guess I never actually knew the real John- it was all an act.

After a couple minutes everyone engaged in conversation and forgot about John's comment.

Suddenly, I felt John's breath on the back of my neck.

"You asked for it, babe."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh man, and more drama starts ;)
Love you guys and thanks for the comments! You're all fantastic :D