Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Get Ready

I was awoken by someone poking me on the nose. My eyes flickered open noticing Garrett smiling down at me.

"Time to get up!"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up straight only to discover we were the last ones in the van. "We're at the first venue?" I asked, yawning.

Garrett nodded his head. "You bet. Come on out, we're almost done unloading our equipment."

I followed Garrett out of the van noticing the newly formed, dark clouds in the sky. I peered up, furrowing my brow. "Looks like its gonna rain." I commented.

Garrett stretched. "Yeah. Probably. Let's head inside."

We walked into the empty venue from the back, or what I assumed was the back. We found ourselves in a dark hallway. I raised an eyebrow as I followed him and observed the tacky wall paper on the walls. I sighed as we walked into a room.

The rest of The Maine along with some unfamiliar faces. I remained as Garrett's shadow- mainly following him around and making small conversation. I really wasn't in the mood to meet new people.

It seemed as if this didn't help most people from introducing themselves to me though.

"And who's this?" A guy strutted up to Garrett and I with a grin plastered on his face.

Garrett smiled back and chuckled. The two shook hands and Garrett glanced at me quickly. "This is our friend Carson. Carson, this is Austin."

Austin stuck his hand out, which I gladly shook. "Nice to meet you Miss. Carson."

"Nice to meet you too."

"So," He began, peering back and forth between Garrett and I. "You and Garrett are an item or something......"

Someone snorted at this accusation. Suddenly, John seemed to appear from nowhere. "Oh no they're not." He smirked at me, then winked.

I rolled my eyes and sighed heavily. My phone started to ring in my pocket at this moment. "Excuse me," I nodded my head at Austin and Garrett and walked away from the conversation.

I picked up my phone and went to a quiet area in the room. "Hey Russell." I smiled, knowing it was him.

"Hey," He greeted me. "Are you home yet?"

My smile quickly faded upon remembering the lie I told him. "Uh, yeah. Just got here...." I trailed off and bit my lip, hoping he wouldn't catch my bluff.

"Are you happy to be home?"

"Sure." I replied knowing that if I were really home right now I would be pulling my hair out.

"Good," His voice lost it's excitement from earlier.

"What are you doing?" I asked, hoping to turn the conversation around.

"Oh, just running some errands."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Errands?" I laughed. "What kind of errands?"

"Grocery shopping." He groaned.

"Sounds exciting."

"Oh, it is."

At that moment, someone who stood from behind me grabbed hold of my cell phone. I gasped lightly at this and spun around. I soon found myself face to face with John. He held the phone high above my head, grinning.

"Your boyfriend?"

I reached up in attempt to grab it, but failed when John moved it to my left. "Fuck you." I hissed and John chuckled.

"I guess it is him," He snickered and brought the phone down closer to him. "Mind if I talk to him?"

From the phone I could hear Russell calling my name. I went to grab it once again, but then John moved it once more. I sighed heavily and narrowed my eyes at him. "Give it back to me. Now."

John shrugged. "I rather not."

"John," I warned.

"I'll tell you what, I'll give it back to you under one condition," He grinned.

I rolled my eyes. "What?"

"Give me a kiss."

I quickly snatched the phone from his hand and smirked at him, turning my back to him. "Hey Russell?" I asked.

"What just happened?" He asked.

"Uh," I turned around to find John walking away. I smiled deviously, proud of myself. "I dropped my phone under the couch. Couldn't get it out. Sorry."

Russell simply laughed. "Alright. Well I'll let you go. Call you later, okay?"

"Sure." I nodded my head, although he couldn't see me. "Bye."

We hung up and I walked back to the group, keeping John in my view. He stood at the edge of the crowd, whispering something to Jared, his eyes every now and then flickering over to me. I ignored this and tried my best to get to know Austin Gibbs and the rest of his band.

About an hour and half later it was time for The Maine to take the stage. I stood at the edge with Tim watching as they played. I had to say, they had some dedicated fans. I watched as those in the front row sang along loudly and knew ever word.

When their set was finished, the guys made their way outside and signed autographs, took pictures and overall got to know their fans. John was great with the girls that practically threw themselves upon him. Some nearly tackled him to the ground, but he remained sweet and laughed it off.

"So, do you mind telling me what's going on between John and you?" Tim asked.

I glanced over at him skeptically. "What do you mean?"

He shrugged. "I don't know. Pat told me that you guys kissed and seemed like you were going out. But now it looks like you're disgusted by John and all he wants to do is get in your pants."

"That's all he ever wanted. I was just stupid enough to think he was different- for awhile at least."

"So that's why you've been staring at him for the past half hour?" Tim grinned.

I couldn't hide the smile on my face. "I have not!"

He elbowed me. "Alright, alright. If it makes you feel any better John isn't like that. Most of the time at least. He's just being...."

"An ass." I finished his sentence.

He sighed. "Sure, let's go with that. An ass."

I laughed and looked back at the guys, who were beginning to make their way towards us. "So, Carson," Kennedy addressed me. "Ready to spend your first night on the van?"

I laughed. "Sounds...... restful?"

He shrugged and then smirked. "You'll soon see."

And yeah, it wasn't. In fact, sleeping on the van was tight and took a lot not to fall asleep on John's shoulder, who was sitting next to me.

I don't know how it happened. We all piled in the van. I was originally in between Kennedy and Pat, but then John came in the van, whispered something in Pat's ear and took his spot.

He grinned at me as he sat down. "You know, if you need my shoulder it's always here. "He patted his shoulder.

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks, but no thanks."

Instead, about an hour after leaving the venue, John's head was on my shoulder as was Kenny's head on my other shoulder.

I spotted Tim looking at us in the driver's mirror. He chuckled and I simply rolled my eyes.

This was going to be a long night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments :)