Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Don't Stop Now

The next twelve hours seemed to fly by without my recognition. It was all a breeze and everything went by so fluently. It was almost like a daydream, something I only imagined about and hardly imagined. I would never allow myself to wish for something like this because I knew it would never happen to me. But here I am now, in some sort of a dream.

Once The Maine stepped off stage John was next to me for the rest of the night. Tim wanted to leave California after the set so the guys could be home by early morning- which we all seemed to be fine with. Everyone was tired.

We said our goodbyes to the other acts on tour. When I got to Austin he grinned, winked and then hugged me.

I broke away fro the hug, squinting my eyes slightly in curiosity. "How'd you know?"

He shrugged. "John's hard to read, but it was so bluntly obvious to me. He wouldn't stop staring at you, talking to you, or standing near you. I've liked girls before and I've done the same thing. It's human nature."

"But-"

Austin shook his head, holding a finger up. "Accept it. What I've learned about you is that you're immensely stubborn. He likes you. Just enjoy it."

I nodded my head, then hugged him once more. "Thanks."

John's hand slipped into mine and guided me back to the van where the guys were. We climbed in and settled in the back row- John giving me the window seat for once, but it didn't matter.

I wasn't going to lean against the window this time.

We had gotten home early that morning- some godly hour. I stumbled out of the van, yawning and rubbing my eyes. Tim swung the door open and I practically climbed over the guys, who were asleep.

To my surprise, John followed me out. I followed Tim to the trunk where he grabbed my back and handed it to me. "Thanks for having me. I hope it wasn't too much trouble."

"Nonsense," He waved me off. "You were great. No trouble at all."

Tim walked back tot he passenger seat. As he passed John he mumbled, "Hurry up O'Callaghan, you'll probably see her later today anyway. No need for any dramatic goodbyes." He yawned and John rolled his eyes.

John looked down at the ground for a second, shoving his hands into his leather jacket's pockets. "I don't actually have anything to say."

I shrugged. "Me neither."

He looked up at me, his eyes pleading for something. I knew he wanted two things and it just so happened I could give him one right now. The other.... well that would have to wait.

"I promise," I began, "I'm going to break it off with Russell later today. I just need to figure out what I'm gonna say."

"A reason."

"Exactly."

John raised an eyebrow, a devious smirk flew across his face. "And what is that reason?"

"I think you know."

"I wanna hear you say it."

Instead of saying anything I reached up, wrapping my arms around his neck and softly pressing my lips against his. It felt so good, so sweet, so right.

I unwrapped my arms, grinned and ran back to the front door. I could barely make John out in the dark, but I heard his soft, raspy laugh down by the curb. I watched as his dark lanky, figure hunched over and climbed into the van, closing the door behind him.

I thought back to the very first minute I arrived here in Tempe. The sketchy van of his driving bye and how he rolled down his window.

"Aye baby!"

I laughed lightly to myself just remembering it. I recalled how mad I was, which only brought me more amusement now.

I shook my head and walked back inside.

When I woke up the next morning I was greeted by Sara who asked me dozens of questions, but I knew I needed to get something done. I told her that we should go out to dinner tonight and she could pick my brain then. She enthusiastically agreed and I walked out of the house, fretting my next event.

And here I was now, still trying to absorb everything that happened, sitting in my pickup outside of Russell's apartment.

I had no idea what to say to the poor guy. He really deserve this. He wasn't bad or anything. And god, to make it all worst he told me he loves me.

It sort of mad me angry. I didn't want him to love me because I knew he didn't love me. This is what I did. I played with innocent guy's hearts and ripped them out- but usually I did this within one night. Strictly making out with a guy then tossing him to the side was who I was.

I couldn't tell him that I liked some other guy- especially when that guy is John.

I forced myself to get out of my car. As I did this, my phone buzzed in my pocket. Relief washed over me because of the small distraction, which, of course, will delay what was to come. It just so happened to be a message from John.

"Wanna meet up later?"

Biting back a smile I replied with an "Sure."

I sucked in a deep breath and made my way up to Russell's apartment complex. I knocked on his door and waited anxiously, rocking back and forth between my heel and the ball of my foot.

The door abruptly opened exposing Hunter, one of Russell's roommates. "Oh hi. I- uh, sorry. I didn't realize you were coming. Russell didn't say anything."

"That's because he doesn't know," I sucked in a deep breath, "Is he here?" I asked.

Hunter nodded his head. "In his room." He held open the door allowing me to enter the apartment. As I walked to Russell's room I passed I waved to Mark, Russell's other roommate who sat on the couch, watching tv.

I quietly and gently knocked on Russell's door, almost hoping that he wouldn't be here. I bit my lip as he opened the door, exposing himself in his boxers with messy hair.

It was weird seeing him like that. Russell was always put together. I mean, practically every time we went on a date he was in a collar shirt and khakis.

"Oh," I accidently chirped.

His eyes lit up and then he smiled widely. "This is a wonderful surprise."

Not for long....

"Uh, can we talk? Privately."

Russell eagerly nodded his head as I walked into the room. He closed the door behind me and quickly rushed around the room cleaning up. I stayed put near the door, composed and holding myself together. I was still trying to come up with what I was suppose to say to him.

After the room was less of a catastrophe, Russell approached me a sly grin plastered across his lips. He grabbed my wrist, pulling em towards him.

My eyes flickered to my wrist and my face heated up. John knew never to touch my wrist. Well, that was because I yelled at him. I suddenly found myself laughing lightly.

Russell took this the wrong way. His grin never left his face as he sat down on his bed, pulling me with him. He sat on the edge as well as I did, but I remained put and tightly pressed my legs and arms together. Russell leaned in, kissing my lips aggressively. My eyes shot open and I mumbled that I had to talk to him.

He must have not heard me, or thought I moaned or some other shit. I pulled away, but his lips followed, pecking me once again on the lips, then trailing my jaw line, then my neck.

I don't know how it happened exactly, but I somehow ended up at the top of the bed pinned down by Russell.

"Russell," I addressed him sternly, placing a hand on his bare chest.

I liked John's chest better.

I pushed him back and got up from the bed. "I need to fucking talk to you, okay? Do you not understand that or something?"

He was taken back by my comment, which he shouldn't have been. I had been this way with the guy all this time. I cursed and I talked with aggression, which surprisingly never bother Russell, who happened to be a well put together guy.

I didn't give him time to respond, instead I groaned and rolled my eyes. Suddenly, everything seemed easier. I was still this person, which caused my lips to tug upward in a smile.

I was still me. I was still the rough, dominant, edgy girl that I came here as. The only time I wasn't was when I was with John, but that didn't bother me. I was happier with John.

But it still gave me confidence that I could still be this person underneath it all.

"I want to break up." I stated bluntly.

Russell got up from his bed. "What?" He asked, anger dripping from his voice.

"We're breaking up."

"No we're not."

I rolled my eyes and a sick smirk presented itself on my lips. This was all coming back so easily to me. I remembered how I did this back home.

I walked over to Russell, placing a soft hand on his cheek and giving him a sympathetic smile. "Oh, I'm so sorry," my voice was soft and gentle, but then I quickly replaced it with a rough, "but this isn't working for me."

"Why? What did I do?"

I shrugged. "Nothing."

Russell's shoulders suddenly dropped, his lips parting gently. "It's him, isn't it? It's that John guy."

This caught me off guard. I stuttered for a moment. This wasn't according to plan.

"Did you cheat on me?"

"No," I quickly replied.

"It's him though. It's always been."

I shook my head, angry with myself. I should have just left by now. "It doesn't matter. We're done."

I bolted out of the room, but to my surprise, Russell was right on my tail. He was cursing and hissing things at me- it almost made me laugh. I had never seen him like this.

I rushed out of the apartment, but Russell followed me to the parking lot.

"You're a bitch!" He shouted one final time before leaving me be.

I smirked and turned around, a laugh escaping my lips. It was sort of rewarding, I had almost lost my name. I was glad for the most part though. I didn't want to be ''that bitch'' anymore. I was going to move on. But for the last time, it was sort of nice to hear it shouted.

I shrugged, turning around. "You should have known that from the beginning, babe!"

I turned around, smiling like an idiot as I strutted toward my car. I could now be with John and not be the bitch I always was. I was turning a new leaf I suppose.

I hopped into the pickup, humming a tune.

A horrid scream escaped my lips when I saw a figure in the passenger seat. I covered my mouth as he erupted in laughter.

I quickly hit John's shoulder. "How the fuck did you get here?" I asked, a laugh escaping from my lips.

"I walked."

"You walked?"

"Is that weird?"

I eyed him curiously. "Just a bit."

He shrugged. "I sort of wanted to see what would happen. And damn, that was exciting. I should've brought popcorn or some shit."

"You should have brought a tape recorded. I would have loved to relive that."

"Was it exciting?" He smirked as I started to car and pulled out of the parking lot.

"Very," I smiled, glancing over at him. "Sort of a farewell to my old self. I enjoyed it."

"A farewell to your old self? What the fuck?"

I laughed lightly, then let out a sigh. "I know this might come as a huge shock to you, but I used to be quite the bitch."

John gasp. "No! Really?"

I scrunched my nose and looked at him. "You bet. And well, I didn't really have relationships. Mainly ones that lasted about three days and then I kicked the guy to the curb. In all honesty, it was pretty fun."

John didn't laugh that time. "Why didn't you do that to Russell?"

"I wanted something different."

"Well, was it?"

"No."

Silence filled the car and I know both of us were thinking it. I licked my lips hastily while turning the car onto a new street. John kept to himself, looking out the window.

"I have it now," I said it quietly and gently. If the car wasn't so silent you'd probably wouldn't even hear it. I noticed John's head move, looking in my direction.

"I'm not going to do that to you John. You're different."

He bit his lip then looked straight ahead. "How do I know you're not going to do that to me?"

"The same reason I know you're not going to do that to me."

John smiled lightly and I watched him watching me out of the corner of my eye. He suddenly and gently said, "Stop the car."

"Why?" I asked, scrunching my eyebrows together.

"Just do it."

I pulled over to the side of the road, taking the keys out of the ignition. Before I knew it, John pulled my face to his and our lips were attached. I smiled pleasantly under his lips, placing both of my hands on the sides of his neck.

He pulled away, staring at me with his contagious green eyes. "I had to do that."

All I did was smile lightly, my stomach flipping dangerously inside of me. I never felt this before. It was all so new and strange to me.

"And you would have crashed the car if I did it while you were driving."

I laughed lightly. "Well thanks," I nodded my head. "for looking out for our safety and all."

He shrugged. "Just doing my job."

"And what's that?" I asked, biting my lip. Our faces were still only inches apart.

"You know, being your boyfriend." He smirked.

My eyes lit up and a curious, surprised smile flew onto my face. I leaned back. "Boyfriend? Hmmm."

"What?" He asked, sitting up straight. "You don't like that title?"

"No," I smirked. "I like it."

I started up the car again, pulling out onto the road.

"Shit no," John shook his head. "Pull over the damn car again."

I rolled my eyes, pulling the car over and pulling the keys out. He unbuckled my seat belt and quickly pulled me over onto his lap. "How did that even work out?" I asked, furrowing my brow and looking at the seats I just practically flew over in one swift motion.

John planted his lips on mine, then pulled away. "Don't question it."

I started to kiss back, but then pulled away. "How could I not?" I raised my shoulders. "I'm a pretty tall person. It's not that easy for me to just steadily fly over things. You have to relate."

John rolled his eyes, cracking a light smile. "You can do anything when you're with me, baby."

I then shouted loudly, "OH MY GOD!" I snorted with laughter, "That was so incredibly corny!" I erupted with endless giggles along with John's raspy chuckling.

"I know, I know," He said between laughter. "That was just....ugh. Can we just leave before I say something stupid and embarrass myself again?"

I started the car and pulled out onto the road. "Don't be embarrassed. It was flattering, I guess."

"Let's never talked about that again, okay?"

"Alright. Sounds good to me."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Sara and I are going out to dinner tonight, do you wanna come?" I asked as I pulled into the driveway.

"Sure! Do you think we should tell her?"

I grinned and looked over at him. "Oh yeah. She'll be bouncing off the fucking walls."

John laughed as we got out of the car. Instantly, he was attached to my hip. "It'll make her day."

Once we got inside I called out for my Aunt, but she didn't reply. I heard her talking in the kitchen and realized she must be on the phone.

By the time we got to the kitchen she was hanging up her phone. "Hi kids."

"Is it alright if John joins us for dinner tonight?" I asked.

"Of course. But I have some news for you, dear."

"We have some news too," I said, stifling the smile on my face and taking hold of John's hand. He tightly squeezed my hand.

I thought that she would notice, but she didn't. Her eyes remained looking into mine. She was almost in a trance.

She swallowed hard, "It's your parents, Carson," She began and then paused, almost pondering what she was going to say next.

"They're coming to visit."
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
Oh damn, did anyone see that coming?!
So yeah, maybe not THAT big of a bombshell, but I assure you there will be plenty of drama starting up soon.

Also, I just want to say everyone who comments on this story is absolutely fantastic and I love you so so so so so so so so so much. I seriously always smile and laugh at your comments- they basically make my day. So, thank you for all the support!