Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

I Wanna Love You

"OH my god. Oh my god. Oh my god. You guys are just so cute!"

Taylor giddily hopped and smiled, clapping her hands behind the counter. "A wedding? AH!" She squealed, closing her eyes and smiling widely.

You'd think that she was the one with a boyfriend.

I rolled my eyes, plopping down on the stool next tot he cash register. "You don't even understand the first half- I'm such a fucking mess around him all the time." I shook my head, staring at her.

She let out another squeal, then covered her mouth.

"I freaking panic. I don't get it," I bit my lip and paused for a moment. "And then I get so emotional. Quite frankly, it pisses me off. I'm not used to this relationship thing whatsoever."

A loud, heavy sigh escaped my lips and I peered up at Taylor, furrowing my brow. "Are you all emotional in relationships too?"

Taylor's smile fell lightly and then she smirked. She leaned against the glass counter and shook her head. "No, but that's because I've never really had a relationship like yours. John and you are just....." She stopped herself, biting her lip and spinning around on her heel.

She quickly walked into the office, but I chased after her. "No no no no. You can't just do that. John and I what? What are we?"

"Well maybe not him, but you've been through a lot in your life. You're too hard on yourself. Your parents are coming and you said so yourself- they're the only thing that has ever gotten to you. John was just around to see that."

I nodded my head and sheepishly walked out of the room and back to my spot next to the register. I sat there for awhile, reading a magazine, but I was unable to concentrate. I must have read the same paragraph over and over again, but still had no idea what it was telling me.

"You do know what a wedding means, right?" Taylor's voice broke my trance as she strutted back behind the counter.

"The ceremony celebrating husband and wife?" I muttered, nonchalantly and then flipping a page in the magazine.

I didn't look up, but I knew Taylor was rolling her eyes. "No, it means that your not just any girl to John. You're something special to him. Not only are you meeting his parents, but you're meeting his relatives- aunts, uncles, grand-fucking-parents."

"I already met his parents."

"You know what I mean."

I closed the magazine and stuffed it under the counter. "I should probably get going. John's picking me up in two hours. "

"What are you gonna wear?" Taylor smiled, a hint of excitement in her eyes.

"A dress."

She groaned and threw her head back. "Why do you have to be so stubborn?"

I shrugged, grabbing my bag and heading towards the front door. "Second nature, I guess."

"Take a picture, please!"

I rolled my eyes, turned around and pushed the door with my back. "We really need to get you a boyfriend. "

She humphed, resting her elbows on the counter and her chin on her hands. "I know," She pouted.

I let out a light chuckled, "One day."

And with that, I was off.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"There."

Sara smiled, setting down the curling iron down on the bathroom counter. After turning it off, she looked back at me, her eyes gleaming. She let out a soft sigh and ran her fingers throw the soft waves at the ends of my long, brown hair.

"It looks amazing." I commented, my heart pounding at the thought of John seeing me like this.

"I still got it then, don't I?" She grinned.

She really did. When I was younger and visited Tempe, I would always beg Sara to do my hair like this. She knew exactly how I liked it- soft, minor curls at the bottom of my hair, while the waves ran higher. When she heard about the wedding, she was ecstatic, offering to do this right away.

"You definitively do," I replied, standing up and hugging her tightly.

When Sara pulled back from the hug, she placed her hand on my shoulders and took a good look at me. "You're Uncle Rich would have been so happy right now." She smile fell and eyes grew glassy. "His two favorite people together."

I tried to smile, but I couldn't. All I did was engulf my Aunt in another hug and hold on tightly. She sniffled lightly and rubbed my back. "He always had this fantasy of you two together," I could hear her swallow. "John's one lucky guy, I'll tell you that."

I pulled away from her hug and shook my head, laughing lightly. "I feel like I'm the one getting married."

She smiled and shook her head. "Oh no. That will not happen for awhile, you got that?" she joked, which caused me to laughed. "Okay, now your date will be here any moment, got everything?"

I nodded my head, shoving on my favorite violet heels and walking over to the mirror, flattening out my dress and fixing my makeup last minute.

I knew how to clean myself up nicely. I'm rich. There's no way to get around it. Ever since I was young I have the selection of many lovely clothes and extravagant dresses. My mother was obsessed with the dresses she would put me in for different events and gatherings. It seemed to be the only thing she even liked me for.

This summer I sort had forgotten about my money until I put this dress on- this amazing dress. It was tan color with different flowers on it consisting of colors such as red, yellow, pink, blue and yes, even purple.

This would be the fist time John has ever seen me in something other than a t-shirt or tank top and jeans or shorts. Something about this simple fact made me nervous.

When the doorbell rang, I jumped and rushed into the hallway. Sara, who was making her way out of the kitchen, laughed and told me not to worry and to do whatever I needed. I nodded my head, walking back into my room and making sure everything was right.

I could hear John's voice in the foyer, and I nearly stopped breathing. Shit. Shit. Shit. Here we go again- me being this nervous, emotional wreck.

I sucked in a deep breath, closing my eyes and relaxing for a minute. I then went towards my bedroom door and walked into the hallway. My heels clicked on the hardwood flowed and before walking into the foyer I was more smoothed my dress.

John was in mid conversation with Sara when I walked into the foyer. He stopped talking, his eyes moving towards me and my stomach dripped. I watched as he licked his bottom lip, then bit it, stifling a smile.

I bit back a smile too, before choking out a "Hi."

John nodded his head and had trouble getting a single phrase out for a moment. He sucked in a deep breath before he was finally able to. "You look gorgeous."

"Thank you," I replied, my cheeks heating.

I was blushing?

"You two better get going," Sara interjected. "don't wanna be late."

Sara ushered us out the door in a hurry and winked at me before John took my hand and led me to the car. "I apologize in advance." John said, cringing slightly.

"For what?"

"I had to give tweedle dee and tweedle dum a ride."

I laughed, knowing who he was talking about. "It's fine."

The second John opened the passenger seat door for me, I was wolf whistled at and earned a "Woof! Woof!"

John leaned over me, glaring at his two brothers in the backseat. "I swear to fucking god-"

"Don't use the lords name in vain, John." Shane narrowed his eyes.

"Yeah," Ross agreed. "And plus, that's not the kind of language you use in front of a lady. Tsk tsk."

John looked at me and shook his head. "I'm sorry."

"I told you, it's fine." I smiled.

John leaned in, pecked me on the lips, which caused his brother to go silent. John grinned, leaned over me again and peered into the back seat. "Yeah. Take that. Any of you have a girlfriend? No? Didn't think so. Fuck off."

I laughed lightly and looked forward, afraid to see the expressions the boys were wearing on their faces. John closed my door and walked around to his. As he pulled out of my driveway, Ross broke the silence.

"You know Carson, I would treat you much better than John. Have you ever heard a curse out of my, clean mouth? If you have, I give you full permission to wash it out with soap,"

"Ross-" John warned.

"I mean let's be honest here, I am a much better kisser than him anyway!"

"Shut the fuck up Ross before I throw your dumb ass right out of this car." John snapped, clearly annoyed. This caused both Ross and Shane a good laugh.

John peered over at me, giving me a sympathetic smile. I smiled back at him, then placed my arm in between us, hand open. John saw this and gladly took hold of my hand.

This shut the guys up for the rest of the ride.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I nearly spent the next hour being introduced to a countless number of John's relatives, leaving all of them in shock. Apparently, John had never brought a girl to a family event like this, let alone even talk about one.

"They love you." John would whisper into my ear every so often, which I found difficult to understand. I had only talked to them for such a small amount of time. How could they love me already?

Finally, I was able to sit down at John's table, which consisted of him, his brothers, his parents and one of his aunts and uncles.

"Want a drink?" John asked, getting up.

I narrowed my eyes at him, hissing, "I can't. Remember?"

John chuckled and shook his head. "Oh yeah. You young-ins," He paused, shaking his head. "Want a soda or something...... maybe some apple juice?" He then started to laugh again.

I hit him in the side. "You're a fucking asshole, you know that?" I laughed.

John lightly chuckled, before grinning and leaning down, planting a kiss on my head. "Don't get your panties in a bunch, sweetheart. I'll be right back."

The second John walked away, someone sat down next to me. I glanced over, recognizing John's mother. "I can't believe I haven't even seen you yet!" She said enthusiastically.

"I know! I've seen your whole family, but not you!"

She laughed, hugged me and then smiled cheerfully at me. "I knew John liked you the minute you arrived at that barbecue of ours. It's about time he asked you out."

I let out a stiff laugh, not sure of how to reply. "Well, I'm glad he did." I bit my lip, looking across the room to find John at the bar, talking to his cousin Brian that I only met moments ago.

"So am I. You are much better than that Tara. I mean, he never even introduced her to us! I had to practically pry him open in order to find out he even had a girlfriend. Then she just showed up at our house and just-" Mrs. O'Callaghan let out an exhausted sigh. "I'm just glad she's gone."

I laughed. "Me too. "

John was back over at the table, eyeing his mother curiously. She rolled her eyes. "Do not worry my son. I wasn't saying anything to embarrass you."

John sighed. "Good," He then directed his attention back over to me, "would you like to dance?" he asked, giving me a cheesy grin.

"Why not?" I gladly took his hand and he carefully guided me to the dance floor. He wrapped his arm around my waist, pulling me tight up against him. His eyes lit up and I cocked an eyebrow. "You like that, don't you?"

"Immensely."

"Perv."

"Hey! It's not pervy if you're my girlfriend." He objected.

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. You're a sex-crazed maniac, better?"

He laughed, but shook his head. "Just because I like the fact that your boobs are pressed up against my chest and that right now your dress is allowing me a full viewing pleasure of them doesn't mean I'm a sex- crazed maniac." He leaned in, looking down my dress.

I pressed up against him tighter, thinking that wouldn't allow him to see my breasts anymore, but it in fact, made him happier. I sighed in defeat. John peeked down, raising an eyebrow and then looked at me again.

"A-plus. I have to say."

"You've got to be kidding me." I laughed.

"Oh my god!" A voice yelled from behind me. John let go of my waist and spun me around to find a girl in a wedding dress peering down at my feet. "I love your shoes! Those are the cutest things I have ever seen."

"Thank you." I replied as the girl looked up at me.

Her eyes widened slightly, probably questioning who I was. I felt John's hands on my shoulders. He peered around me. "Julie, this is Carson, my girlfriend."

The bride's smile grew. "And Carson, this is Julie, my cousin."

She engulfed me in a hug and swung me back and forth, squealing. "Johnny finally got a girlfriend! This is spectacular!"

I pulled away, smiling lightly. John sighed beside me. "I've had girlfriends before," He mumbled.

Julie rolled her eyes. "Please John," She looked over at me. "This kid cannot find a decent girl for the life of him. But you," She examined me, grinning, "I can tell you are a keeper just from your shoes."

I laughed and shrugged. "They are my favorite pair."

Julie let out another squeal and hugged me yet again. "It was nice meeting you! I have bride duties to do and all of that stuff," She turned to John, "Don't screw this one up. I like her."

She had only met me about a minute ago.

As Julie scurried away, John pulled me again once again and we started to dance.

"Not sure if I told you this just yet, but you truly look lovely." John whispered in my ear.

"Not sure If I told you this just yet, but you are very corny today."

"I thought girls like corny things?"

I bit my lip and rested my head on his shoulder. "Only when it's happening to them."

"So you like it?"

I kissed his neck lightly.

"I love it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Dress
:)