Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

This Is The End

"You must be pretty special."

The aloof, and overall enthralled voice from beside me snapped myself out of a trance. I had been staring at John and the groom, Henry. They were standing by the bar, joking around and laughing. Ross was next to John, trying to convince him to let him have a sip of beer, but John continued refusing. It was sort of funny to me- how John would let me drink despite the fact that I was younger than the age, yet Ross was also below the age limit. He was only two years younger than me.

I had yet to meet the woman now standing next to me. She had red hair with wild curls tied up in a pleasant and presentable bow, a thin plastic black headband holding her bangs back. She had little make up on, light mascara and red lipstick. As she smiled at me, laugh lines showed along with wrinkles around her eyes.

I truly didn't know what to say to her. I wasn't really special. I didn't share a glamorous quality like other girls my age. I worked at a record store, chose not to go to college, my parent's kicked me out, and on occasion, I can be quite the bitch. What was I suppose to say to her?

Despite my skepticism, I managed to utter a sentence out. "Why do you say that?"

The woman glanced over at John. I followed her gaze and noticed John staring back, his eyes wide with something that looked like fear.

"John can't take his eyes off you."

"I," I paused on account of two things. One, I wasn't truly sure how to respond yet again. And second, John looked like he was about to have a panic attack. I could tell he was trying to excuse himself from the conversation with Henry, but he was struggling.

"He's a lovely boy. Troubled though," She placed a finger on her lip and looked over at him.

Her words caught my attention. "Troubled?" I asked, my voice dripping with caution.

"Oh yes," She nodded her head, looking over at me. "You see, he had this family friend, I can't recall his name though. Anyway, John was attached to this man at the hip. Unfortunately, the man died of cancer. The poor boy grew into somewhat of a depression after that. Lasted quickly, but still, very saddening."

Rich. My Uncle Rich.

"I had no idea," I croaked out. At this point, John was darting over to us.

The woman rubbed my back gently. "He's better now. I suppose. He looks happy with you though. I haven't seen him this happy since he was a child."

The minute she finished John was standing next to me, quickly wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"Carson, this is my Aunt Carla. Aunt Carla, this is Carson."

"Nice to meet you," I nodded my head.

"Oh, you too sweetheart. You two have fun."

She left us standing there dumbfounded. We stood there for several breaths, John's arm still holding me close, the music in the back playing and the rest of the reception in play. We were the only ones who were still.

"What did she say?" John finally spoke.

"She told me you were depressed when Rich died."

John was silent, simply taking my hand and leading me back to our table. No one was there, mostly everyone was on the dance floor and off chatting with others. John let out a heavy sigh and ran a hand through his perfectly combed hair.

I eyed him, taking in his appearance for the night. He looked good in a suit, and I swear to god if we weren't even a room filled with his family I would probably jump on him right now. Hie tied was untied at this point, wrapped around his neck and the buttons towards the top of his shirt were open.

"My Aunt Carla is a little nuts," He began, biting his lip and thinking for a moment. "I was really really upset when Rich died, but I wouldn't call it depressed. The thing is, she sort of loves gossip. About two days after Rich passed away she came for a visit and saw me and long story short, she told our whole family I was mentally unstable."

He let out a light laugh, then turned to me, taking my hand. "I promise you have nothing to worry about. I was just a little worried about her talking to you. She usually brings out the worst in people and exploits it like no other."

I squeezed John's hand lightly. I inhaled a sharp breath. "Okay."

He smiled sweetly and stood up. "May I have this dance?"

I grinned. "Of course," I stood up and John kissed my hand lightly, then yanked my arm, earning a pain-filled groan from me.

"Sorry sweetie," He winked and I rolled my eyes.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Get out of the car before I shoot both of you." John stopped his car in front of his parent's house aggressively, unlocking the doors for his brothers.

"Sheesh. Don't get your panties in a bunch." Shane chuckled, hopping out of the car.

"Taking your lady back to your pad for some fun?" Ross winked at John, whose face turned into a deep crimson.

"Go. Away."

Ross rolled his eyes as him and Shane backed away from the car.

"Bye Shane. Bye Ross." I waned, giving them a smile before John started the car and rolled away from the house.

We were quiet for a while, listening to Death Cab For Cutie in the car and staring out into the night sky. I pursed my lips at the thought of how this night had to come to an end at some point. I truly enjoyed myself. All of John's family welcomed me with open arms. It was better than my family.

"Thanks for inviting me, really."

He smiled lightly. "How could I not invite you?"

I licked my lips and looked back out the window, sucking in a breath. "Usually at my family events everything's so planned and neat and just, ugh, annoying. Everything is formal. We don't have any fun. Everyone talks about politics all the time, unless it's the women- they talk about expensive designers and pageants."

"Pageants?" John's voice dropped, his eyes scanning me.

I nodded my head. "Oh yeah. My mom tried to get me in them when I was younger. I refused. She still resents me for that. She also wanted me to model," I laughed, mainly to myself. "I wouldn't go down without a fight."

"You know, I don't doubt that at all."

I bit back a smile. "All I'm trying to say was that it was nice to see, I don't know, a real family. One that actually enjoys themselves."

"You didn't just watch Carson. You were apart of it. You're apart of my family now."

I stayed quiet and leaned back into the car seat. "I like the sound of that."

"So do I."

John didn't take me back to Sara's house. Instead we went back to his apartment. Creeping up the stairs quietly laughing at each other and talking. It was well after one o'clock.

I held my breath as we passed my brother' apartment door. John noticed this and laughed. "He doesn't know yet, does he?"

"I haven't talked to him in awhile. Don't judge me."

John kissed my temple before shoving his key into his apartment door, opening it. We walked in smiling like idiots at practically nothing.

"Wanna stay the night?" He asked, his signature cocky grin across his face.

I shrugged. "I don't have much of a choice now, do I?"

"Nope."

I followed John into his room. Without hesitation, he unbuttoned his shirt, throwing his blazer off to the side. He took of his shirt and leaned over, searching through his wardrobe's drawers for something more comfortable to wear.

My eyes were glued to his bare, exposed back. I swallowed hard, trying to remove them, but I couldn't. He spun around quickly, catching me off guard. "Here," He tossed me a pair of plaid boxers and a large, white v-neck t-shirt of his.

"Thanks." I nodded my head, turning for the hallway bathroom, but I stopped myself.

I held in my smile as I quickly stripped down to my bra and underwear. John turned around once again, now noticing me. His eyes popped lightly, his lips parting then moving into a smirk.

I was just about to throw his shirt over my shoulders, when I was tackled, John's arms wrapping around my torso and throwing me back onto his bed. He climbed over me, smiling down.

"You're beautiful."

I felt my cheeks burn, and I looked away avoiding any eye contact. A guy had never made me feel this way. Never in my life had I experienced something like this.

John's lips crashed onto mine. His hands gripped at me sides as he leaned down on me. Our hot flesh against hot flesh. My hands found the back of his head, my fingers wrapping their selves in his hair, pulling lightly.

This continued for about ten minutes; John and I battling our positions and exploring each other. I leaned down next to him, curling my head into the crook of his neck.

"I was thinking about something....." John trailed off, his voice quieting down.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah," He nodded his head and sucked on his bottom lip. "I want you to, um, move in with me."

An awkward silence landed among us the minute it was my turn to reply. I searched for words in my mind, but was unable to even come up with a single phrase. Move in? He wanted me to move in?

"It's just that I really like you and you're different than my other relationship. Plus, I know you're living with Sara and I'm sure you don't plan on staying there forever. And I won't even be here all the time because of touring so technically you can have the place to yourself,"

John continued on talking, listing reasons why I should move in, but I sort of zoned out.

"I think this is going a little too fast for me." I muttered feeling guilty.

The hurt look on his face struck my heart and made my stomach flipped dangerously. I sat up straight, looking down at him. I place a hand on his lower stomach and stared at it for a few minutes.

"I'm not used to relationships like this as it is."

He nodded his head, looking anywhere but at me.

"One day. I promise John."

He looked up at me, his eyes gleaming. "Really?"

"Of course."

He bit his lip then sat up with me. "You know I leave for tour in a month, right? It's the middle of August. Summer is almost over."

I got up from my seat and picked up the clothes John gave me from the floor. I quickly slipped them on and resumed my spot, nodding my head. "I know."

"I don't want this to stop because I'm on tour."

"How long will you be gone?"

"Three months."

His words stung, creating a knot in my throat. Despite this I sucked in a deep breath. "We can do it. I know we can."

He offered me a weak smile. "You're the best, you know that?"

I slowly leaned in, giving John a soft and lasting kiss. This kiss was different though. It wasn't full of lust or passion. It was sorrowful and loving at the same time.

Almost like a sign of what was to come.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know this chapter wasn't too eventful, but I promise, drama is coming.
:)
Thank you for commenting!