Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Ho Ho Hopefully

I tapped my fingers anxiously on the table in front of me to a steady beat. I was jittery and had been all morning. I sucked in my breath and observed Garrett who sat across from me playing with a plastic straw.

"Pat give me your straw." He ordered, not even glancing over at Pat who was sitting next to him.

Pat, being the pushover he was didn't object. He took his clear plastic straw out of his milkshake and passed it over to Garrett. Next to Pat was Kennedy, who simply rolled his eyes at the two of them and took a bite of his burger.

Pat and Jared, who sat next to me observed Garrett carefully. They watched him carefully as he tried to make something half way decent out of the straws given to him.

"Okay, I can't do this anymore," I blurted out, sitting up straight and shaking my head.

Jared, Kennedy, Pat, and Garrett's heads shot up and looked at me with a surprised expression across their faces. I hadn't said anything all day.

"Uh, what?" Jared asked, his voice low and with caution.

"John asked me to move in with him." The words fell out of my mouth. It felt good to have that out in the open, but still, I couldn't stop fidgeting.

"Whoa." Garrett exclaimed, eyes wide and searching the expressions of the rest of the guys at the table.

The diner we were at sucked; really. It wreaked of fish- which I found extremely odd since we were no where near water, there were also a lot of kids running around and cranky old people complaining about their meals.

And the food was terrible.

I was trying to distract myself, but I still couldn't get over John's question from two days ago. I scanned the guy's faces, who all remained a bit in shock.

"You've only been going out for like, a week." Kennedy replied.

"I know," My eyes bulged and then I sank in my seat, running a hand through my hair. "I said no."

"I knew he really liked you," Jared laughed and looked over at me. "He's probably just afraid about going on tour and leaving you here."

"What's he think? That I'm gonna run away?"

The guys remained quiet, which answered my question. A sigh escaped my lips as well as a groan. "Why would he think that?"

Pat shrugged. "Because technically you don't live here."

I nodded my head. "Fair enough."

"No no no. You guys have it all wrong," Garrett shook his head and looked at me. "Look, maybe he is afraid of you running away, but there's another reason. He likes you. A lot. He waited for you for awhile. You're more than just another girlfriend to him. I mean really, he invited you to meet his family. That's saying something."

"I agree with Garrett!" Pat chimed in.

I sucked in a breath and then said, "I think I'm just over reacting. I said no. That's it, right? End of story."

"Speak of the devil." Jared muttered next to me.

I followed his gaze to the diner's entrance where John was strutting in as we spoke. As the door closed behind him, he took of his Ray Ban glasses and hooked them in the 'v' of his blue v-neck t-shirt. He glanced around the restaurant for a moment before his eyes settled on us. His signature crooked smile crept onto his lips when he noticed me.

His boots clacked on the tile floor and his dog collar chains jumped from side to side as he made his way towards us.

Once he got to the table Jared sighed and got up. John grinned at Jared as he slid in next to me, planting a kiss on my cheek before turning his attention to the table.

"Sorry I'm late. I over slept."

The guys nodded their heads and moved onto some conversation about video games. I was sort of out of it, biting my lip gently and glancing around the restaurant.

"Not eating?" John whispered into my ear, his lips lightly brushing against my ear.

His voice alone sent me wild. My stomach flipped continuously and my heart slammed against my rib cage repeatedly. I smiled up at him. "Nah."

He nodded his head and looked back to the guys, our shoulders brushing in the process. I wanted to rest my head against his shoulder, but resisted this urge. Public displays of affection had always annoyed me anyway.

My parents were coming tomorrow and it seemed to be the only thing I could think about. I wanted to know what they had to say to me. Why they even had the desire to come down here and see me, they're 'disowned' daughter. So much for that bullshit.

Sara decided to make an event out of the whole thing to make me feel a little better. She invited the O'Callaghans, Taylor, Carter and a couple neighbors that I had met over the course of the summer.

There was an obvious reason to why she invited the O'Callaghans and that was so John, who insisted on being there, didn't look.... well, out of place.

The thing was, my parents were most likely not going to like the fact I had a boyfriend. A boyfriend that was in a band. A boyfriend that dropped out of college. A boyfriend like John.

Sara and I were well aware of this and although it killed me, I planned not to tell either my mother and father about my newly founded relationship. They just wouldn't approve of it and would most likely yell at Sara and then send me somewhere else. The objective for me this summer was to face my punishment, not to find a boyfriend.

The rest of the day went quickly. We went to Pat's house and the guys had practice. Then it started to rain so we decided to see a movie. John fell asleep a couple times in the theater which led to me laughing and trying to wake him up. After the movie the guys parted ways and John drove me home.

"So I'll see you tomorrow?" John asked.

I nodded my head and lightly responded. "Yep."

John gently tucked a stray piece of hair behind my ear. "Don't be nervous."

I shook my head. "I'm not."

John gave me a look and he dropped his hand. "You're so stubborn." He laughed lightly.

Normally I would have laughed, but I didn't. "I'm just mad," I muttered. "I don't want anything to do with them. I thought I was done with them."

"It's just one visit." He reassured.

"I should warn you," I began. "My parents aren't pleasant people. They're extremely judgmental."

"Should I wear a suit?" He grinned.

I smiled lightly. "Yeah, that'll fit the bill." I joked.

He kissed me on the lips gently. "I'll be on my best behavior. I promise."

I opened the car door and hopped out. I closed it and leaned in the window. "One more thing," I sucked in a breath. "I will not be Carson tomorrow, okay? I will be someone you have never met before."

"You have two identities?"

I rolled my eyes and chuckled lightly. "No. Well, yeah, kinda. My parents are very, uh...... elegant. And rich. I'm not sure if you knew that already, but we're fucking rich."

John laughed then pressed his lips together, attempting to suppress a smile.

"They're all about business and elegance and being proper and fine dining."

"I can't picture you like that." He shook his head, a wide smile across his face.

"This isn't a joke!" I tried to sound stern, but a light laugh escaped my lips. "You don't even know! I will be in nice, proper dress tomorrow and my hair will be tied back and I'm gonna look like a prissy bitch."

"Is that how you look when you're home."

I shrugged. "Pretty much."

He laughed again. "I'm sure you look just as gorgeous."

I bit my lip. "Shut up."

"What?! I complimented you."

"Stop. You're making me feel all giddy."

He winked. "I like making you feel giddy."

"John this is fucking serious! I will not be cursing tomorrow, I will not be joking around tomorrow, I will most likely not be eating tomor-"

John cut me off. "Whoa whoa whoa. Eating? You're not going to be eating. What does that have to do with anything?!"

"My mother makes me watch what I eat. According to her I have to keep my figure if I want an appropriate, contemporary and a wide variety of bachelors to marry me."

"That's bullshit!" John slammed on his steering wheel. "You're nineteen. Why would you be thinking about marriage."

"It's the only thing my mother cared about. Getting me married to a wealthy guy. You have no idea how many shitty dates she has set me up on." I rolled my eyes upon remembering.

John's eyes bulged. "What? What the fuck is she gonna think of me then? I'm not rich!"

I leaned closed into the car. "I don't give a shit what she thinks. It doesn't matter. I'll be with you no matter what. That shit doesn't matter to me."

"They don't know about me."

"I haven't talked to them in forever." I shrugged.

John sucked in a breath and ran a hand through his messy hair. He looked forward, eyes wide and let out a heavy breath. "Shit." He coughed out a laugh. "I have some work I have to do, don't I?"

I shook my head. "Don't change for them. They're just a bunch of assholes."

John bit his lip and then turned to me. "Why are they thinking about marriage when you're only nineteen. That's just fucking stupid."

I shrugged. "I'm turning twenty in October."

John gave me a look and I sighed. "They want me to marry rich. They're greedy bastards."

"They want you to marry someone successful."

This is when I had to catch my breath. Realization hit me all at once. I bit my lip, unable to peel my eyes away from John. I swallowed the knot in my throat but was still unable to swallow.

It was then, with that one statement that I realized John was serious about this relationship. he wanted it to last. He wanted me to move in with him. He wanted to meet my parents. He wanted to marry me in the future.

He's right. I was only nineteen.

And I certainly wasn't ready for any of that.

"Carson?" John's voice broke me out of my trance. "Are you okay?"

"Where do you see this relationship going?" I blurted out.

John looked taken back, which in reality, any normal human being would be after my question. "Uh, uh," He stuttered. "I don't know... I just."

"John I'm nineteen."

"Twenty in October." He chimed in.

I sucked in a breath. "You're two years older than me and have something going for you and want a life and I just- I can't. I think we're moving to fast. Way too fast."

Before I knew it, John was out of his car and standing in front of me. "I like you a lot Carson."

I shook my head and looked down. Here it comes. He's going to say it. Here we go.

"And that's it."

My head snapped up and I blink repeatedly, swallowing hard. "What? Really?" My face brightened and I found my hands resting on the curve between John's neck and shoulders.

"It's just that I want to be with you and I don't want it to end. I can't picture not knowing you. I just don't want you to go away. I want to be with you for as long as I can, because, well," He laughed lightly. "I enjoy your presence."

I bit my lip, stifling a smile.

"And because of that I want to make a good impression on your parents. And sure, I get a little ahead of myself sometimes and we are going fast. So if you want to slow down then we can slow down." He nodded his head.

I sucked in a breath. "Thank you."

John kissed my lips before parting and walking back around his car. He hopped in and started the ignition.

"I have to pick my suit up from the cleaners." He winked.

I laughed and shrugged. "Do what you have to do."

He drove away leaving me feeling invincible. I knew whatever was to happen tomorrow I could get through it thanks to one person and one person only.

And I know he won't disappoint.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit!
So I can guarantee some drama next chapter. Prepare yourselves.
Thank you for commenting!! :)