Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

We'll All Be

I backed John up against the wall, slipping my hands under his blazer and grabbed his sides eagerly. I planted my lips onto his and closed my eyes tightly, as if this would help me forget about everything my mother just said.

John melted into my lips and held my arm gently. I slipped my tongue into his mouth and explored as I pulled my hands away. I broke away from the kiss for a moment, grabbing his hand and pulling him onto my bed. I climbed on top of him, once again my lips fell onto his and moved in sync.

John's hand was placed on thigh and more and more moved up until it was placed on my behind. I could feel his fingers playing with the hem of my panties. I smiled deviously under his lips. My fingers were tangled in his once groomed and combed hair.

My lips traveled away from his mouth. I kissed his cheeks, his jawline and eventually his neck. His hand removed itself from my behind and now both of them were place on my hips. I could feel them playing with the zipper in the back of the dress.

I found my hands traveling down his chest, feeling every inch of his body and then stopping at his belt buckle. I held onto it for a moment, getting lost in his lips once again. I began to pull open the belt buckle when John's hands shot down and grabbed mine. He pulled away from the kiss.

"We can't do this."

I stared at him and pursed my lips. He was right. We really shouldn't, but god dammit I wanted him right now.

"Not when my mom is in the house and certainly not when you're parents are in the house. I mean your dad is a pretty big guy. He could easily beat the living shit out of me."

I swallowed hard and traveled up the bed and lied down next to John. He wrapped an arm around and shoulders and pulled me close to him. I rested my head on his chest and let out a sigh.

"I know."

John didn't say anything. We simply laid there, taking in everything and thinking.

"They don't approve of you."

My voice was small and fragile, but I knew John heard. I cringed as I waited for a response.

"I know."

I looked up at him, my eyes searching his face for any surprise, but no, nothing. "How?"

He shrugged and sat up. "I have tattoos, my hair is generally a mess, I dress like a slacker, I dropped out of college and I'm in a band. Why would they approve of me?" He laughed dryly.

"I don't care what they think John. I'm still going to be with you either way."

John pursed his lips and then looked down at me. "If you don't care then why'd you bring it up?"

I looked down in my lap and then peered up at him. "Because they're going to say or do something and I just want you to be ready."

"What do you think they're gonna do?"

I shrugged. "They sent me to Arizona. I think they're pretty much capable of anything at this point."

John kissed the top of my head and then sighed. He got up from bed and rearranged his clothes. "We should probably get out there before-"

I cut him off, standing up as well. "Before something bad happens."

"Stay optimistic." He grinned, which caused me to smile lightly.

"Thank you."

"For what?" John questioned, taking a step towards me.

"Being here."

He nodded his head and lightly kissed me forehead, his lips lingering there for a moment. "I will always be there for you Carson."

I smiled up at him and sucked in a breath. "You're really great, you know that?"

He shrugged. "I've been told that once or twice...." He trailed off, leaving me rolling my eyes and lightly punching him in the shoulder.

"You should probably fix yourself up before you go out there again." John glanced at me up and down.

I groaned and walked into my bathroom. I inspected myself carefully- my hair was a mess and so was the light pink lip gloss I wore. I tugged at my dress in several different angles until it looked somewhat presentable again. I then re-braided my hair and washed my lips. I quickly re-applied the lip gloss and left the bathroom.

John was already back at the party, now talking with Taylor. I got the idea that he was avoiding my parents.

I stayed in the kitchen, picking at a fruit salad and trying to stay hidden from my mother and father. So far, it was working. I sat happily at the island popping grapes into my mouth cheerfully.

Carter came into the kitchen, sighing heavily and sitting next to me.

"They get to you yet?" He asked.

"Nope." I smiled, placing another grape in my mouth.

"Lucky you," He mumbled, "Dad just interrogated the shit out of me."

"School stuff?"

"Pretty much."

I sighed heavily and shook my head. "That means I'm next."

"I heard Mom telling Dad about John. He wasn't too pleased."

"I didn't think he would."

"They were in a heavy discussion when I saw them before."

"That means a new punishment will soon be put into affect."

Carter reached over and grabbed a couple of grapes. "Don't sweat it," He chewed, "they already disowned you. Can't do much after that."

"Yeah, well you know them."

A sigh escaped his lips. "Yeah."

John and Mrs. O'Callaghan rushed into the kitchen looking frantic. Mrs. O'Callaghan rushed over to me and offered a smile. "I'm sorry dear but we have to leave a little early. I just got a call from Ross. Him and Shane were up at the local park and Shane fell out of a tree and they think his arm is broken."

"Oh my god," I exclaimed. "it's fine. Go. I hope everything is okay."

"Oh thank you sweetheart," she pulled me into a hug. "we'll see you soon." She rushed out of the house and John rushed over to me.

"Are you okay with this?" He asked, his eyes wide. I knew he was nervous about his brother. I could tell. "I can stay if you want it's no-"

"John," I cut him off, narrowing my eyes. "go. Please. Everything will be fine."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes! Of course I am."

"You're the best." John muttered and kissed my lightly on the lips, pulling me into a hug afterwards.

As he walked away I called out. "Call me when you know how he is."

"Will do!" He ran out of the house, closing the door behind him.

"God, I hope the kid is okay." I muttered, sitting back down next to Carter.

Carter sat there, eyeing me curiously, a smile creeping on his lips. "Wow," He commented, raising an eyebrow. "I never pegged John for that kind of a guy."

"What?" I snapped.

He shrugged. "I don't know. A family guy. And the kind of guy who doesn't just hit on girls. I never pictured him as having an actual girlfriend."

I bit the inside of my cheek. I wanted to say something, but I really couldn't. Carter was right. I smiled lightly to myself and turned around in my chair, grabbing more grapes.

An hour flew bye and most guests started to leave. I avoided my parents pretty well, only brushing past them a couple of times.

But finally, everyone aside from Carter, Sara, Taylor, my parents and I was gone. We all settled in the living room, my mother and father on one couch each with a cup of tea in their hands. I sat with Sara on the other couch and Carter and Taylor sat opposite of us.

"So, darling," My mother turned to me. "how has this summer been?"

I couldn't tell them what actually went on this summer- that was out of the question. In fact, I couldn't even say anything remotely interesting or fun, because that would contradict their punishment for me.

So I simply shrugged and said, "It was alright."

"Sit up straight." My mother ordered and I did so.

"But what about this boy?" My father asked, his eyes boring into me. I stared back at him, not taking a breath or saying a word.

"What about him?" I asked.

"He's your boyfriend?" My mother asked, despite the fact that she already knew he was.

There was no point in lying. The cat was out of the bag. "Yeah."

"What does he do?' My father asked, taking a sip out of his cup.

"He's in a band."

My mother choked or her tea lightly, her eyes widened. She began to cough hysterically, leaving everyone in the room not quite sure what to do. My father was unresponsive, his eyes nearly ripping a hole through my entire body.

My mother finally stopped coughing and sucked in a breath. "A band?"

I nodded my head. "Yes. A band."

"Well that's no future." My father shook his head.

"He's been at it for more than three years already. They're pretty successful."

He rolled his eyes, sighing heavily and pursing his lips."I cannot believe a daughter of mine would degrade herself to that."

"Excuse me?" I looked at him, my lips parted. "I cannot believe a father, nonetheless mine, would 'disown' his own daughter for some petty action and send her down to Arizona then come back three months later expecting it's okay to criticize her."

"Apologize now." My mother nearly yelled.

I rolled my eyes. "No," I said, furrowing my brow. "fuck you."

My mother and father both went ape shit at the same time, yelling. I wasn't phased by any of it though. It wasn't anything new.

Sara tried to get them to calm down, but there was no hope. They continued.

After about three minutes the two of them calmed down, shaking their heads.

"Obviously," My mother began. "sending you down here was a mistake." Her eyes flickered to Sara and I felt like punching my mother. How dare she blame Sara for anything.

"We've come to a conclusion and although it was quite difficult we believe we have made the right choice."

I scoffed. "You can't make me do anything. I'm nineteen."

My mother smirked lightly. "Well yes, a nineteen year old with no future. You obviously need our help to move along in life and you're lucky we are willing to help you."

As much as I hated it my mother was right. I was on a path to nowhere. I chose not to go to college, my job at the record store didn't pay to well and I couldn't live off of Sara forever without giving her some kind of rent. I swallowed hard, preparing myself for what was to come next.

My father cleared his throat. "You're a smart girl Carson, so I'm hoping you'll see some sense in this."

Both my mother and father looked at each other once more before turning to me. My mother sucked in a breath and then exhaled, interlocking her hands and placing them in her lap.

"You're coming home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh god, I have to tell you, I have had this planned for months now.
Honestly, and I really wanna know, did anyone see this coming?
I hoped I shocked all of you. Hehehehee ;)

Mwhahahahahah.