Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Right Girl

"Carson! Over here!" I heard a familiar voice call my name. I spun around to find Jared waving his hands.

I smiled lightly and made my way over to him. Once I approached him, I noticed several other familiar faces. They were the guys who were in the white van.... and the ones who were outside Carter's apartment building yesterday. My stomach dropped as I began to piece things together.

"Hi." I smiled at Jared, ignoring the curious stares from the others.

"Hey! I'm so happy you showed up! We're going on in a few minutes."

"I'm glad I came too. I'll watch you guys."

He chuckled lightly. "Good. Here, I'll introduce you to some of the guys."

I nodded my head as Jared led me to the guys sort of already knew. Luckily, the tall, giant jerk of a guy wasn't there. Maybe he wasn't in the band.......

"Okay, this is Kennedy." Jared said, directing me towards a tall boy with dark dirty blonde hair.

"Hi. Nice to meet you!"

"Oh, you to.." I smiled, "I'm Carson."

He nodded his head. "I already know. Jared told us you would be coming."

I smile weakly as Jared brought over two other boys. One of which was the short boy who was talking to that asshole before.

"And, this is Pat and Garrett."

"I'm Pat!" The short one popped up and held out a hand.

I laughed lightly. "Carson." I shook his hand.

"Garrett." The other boy waved lightly and nodded his head.

"Hey, John!" Jared called to someone. "Get over here!"

John. Wasn't that the one Jared said I had a lot in common with? Jared turned to me and shook his head. "He's always off doing something."

Finally, someone came running up from behind me. "What do you want, Jared?" He complained.

When I recognized the voice, my stomach dropped. Shit. I really didn't want anything to do with this guy anymore.

"John, this is Carson. The one I drove home with."

I felt like groaning as I turned around to come face to face with John, the one I was supposedly alike.

John's eyes went wide and he grinned like an idiot. I frowned and made it completely evident. The kid had to know how much he pissed me off.

"Hey!" He practically cheered, slapping a hand down on my back. "Carson? That's your name? Well, now I finally know."

I folded my arms over my chest and rolled my eyes. I didn't want to make a scene in front of the band and give off a bad first impression, so I sighed heavily and dropped my arms at my sides. "Yes. That is my name."

He knew he got to me. "Well then," He began, still gleaming. "I'm glad I finally know!"

"John," Jared interrupted, "we're going on now."

John nodded his head and followed the guys towards the stage. I followed as well. "What do you play?" I asked, curious.

I could tell he was surprised by me actually speaking to him. Hell, even I was surprised with myself, but still, I wanted to know.

He grinned. "You'll find out soon enough, won't you?"

I watched as The Maine took the stage and then I followed around to the front to watch them perform.

Pat sat down by his drum-set, while Jared and Kennedy held their guitars and Garrett held his base. I watched as John took the mic stand and I found myself smiling. He was the lead singer. I practically scoffed to myself. He has to be terrible, I can already tell.

The band started playing as John took a sip from what I'm assuming is beer from his red plastic cup. I rolled my eyes at this. So, he was obviously 21 or older, but still an immature dick.

Finally, he grabbed the mic and began singing. "Got caught, running up a tab, couldn't drive home, so I had to share a cab."

My jaw fell slightly and my arms as well. My eyes went wide and I couldn't peel them away. Yes, I had completely underestimated the guy. Completely.

He was.... fantastic... and I felt like such a fan girl saying that. I sucked in a huge breath and tried to reduce the size of my eyes, but it was no use.

John noticed. He looked over at me and grinned. I shook my head in response which earned a laugh from him in the middle of the song.

The Maine played about ten songs, all of which I stayed and listened to. I liked them, I really did, not that I expected not too. It was dark out by the time they were finished and I met them around at the exit of the stage.

"So, what did you think?!" Pat asked, already acting as if we were best friends.

I laughed lightly at him before answering. "You guys are great, really great." I nodded my head, smiling.

"Thanks!" Kennedy, Garrett, Jared, and Pat all said.

John finally appeared from off of the stage. The rest of the guys went off to put their equipment away as the tall boy walked up to me.

"Pretty amazing, eh?"

"Well, you're not conceited at all, are you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Oh please, I saw you. Your jaw dropped."

I shook my head. "I don't know what you're talking about."

He sighed heavily and scratched the back of his neck. "Alright, fine. Why don't you come on the ferris wheel with me?" He asked.

I shook my head. "I'll pass."

He groaned. "Aw, please? Why not?"

I placed a finger on my chin. "Oh, I don't know. How about since you hit on me every time you see me and you don't know personal boundaries?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Pssh." He waved his hand. "Oh, that's just me being a big ol' flirt."

"And this isn't?" I asked, gesturing to him. "You're leading me onto a fucking ferris wheel."

He chuckled. "What are you afraid of? Heights?"

"No," I said as I folded my arms over my chest. "I'm afraid of you trapping me up at the top and murdering me."

He rolled his eyes. "How stupid do you think I am? If I was to murder you I wouldn't do it on a god damn ferris wheel! Once the cart would come down everyone would see you dead!"

I raised an eyebrow. "Have you thought about this before?"

"Yes." He said, bluntly. "Many times, actually."

I shook my head and began to walk off. I noticed him try to reach out for my wrist, but he pulled his hand back hesitantly. I grinned, remembering earlier in the day.

Instead of grabbing me, this time he simply hopped in front of me. "Pleaseeeeeee. I haven't gone on one ride this entire day! And the only person who wants to go on the ferris wheel is Pat, but by the time we get to the top he acts like a sissy and acts scared."

I sighed heavily. "Fine, but only once. And as soon as it's over, I'm out of that cart."

"Yes!" He cheered.

As we walked over to the ferris wheel I started making rules for John to follow. "And no funny business." I pointed at him.

"What kind of funny business?" He wiggled his eyebrows.

"Ugh, grow up."

"You're the one who said it."

I stopped mid in my tracks. "Do you want me to go on this ride with you, or not?"

"Yes, yes, yes, please!" He urged and bit his lip, waiting for an answer.

I rolled my eyes and started towards the ferris wheel. John and I waited on a short line before steeping into a yellow cart. The employee in charge of the ferris wheel pushed the bar down and before I knew it, we were moving.

"You know," John began, "if you get scared, don't be afraid to hold onto me."

"And if you get scared, don't you dare touch me."

John laughed and shook his head. I observed Tempe from above in the night sky and a silence came over John and I. For the first time, we weren't bickering.

"So, you're new here, right?"

I shrugged. "I guess."

"Or are you just visiting for the summer?'

I sighed, not making eye contact with the boy looking at me. "I really don't know. It's complicated." I didn't want to tell him why I was here.

"Why's that?"

"It's a long story."

"I've got time."

I groaned out load at the corny and cliched line. Plus, I wasn't telling about all of my family problems and shit. "How about, it's none of your business?" I snapped, finally looking over at him.

He nodded his head. "Sorry."

Once again, silence filled the air around us.
♠ ♠ ♠
I really love writing this :)
I hope you enjoy it too!
Comment or subscribe!!!