Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Like We Did

"Get the door." I mumbled into the pillow underneath my head.

Austin grumbled something and rolled over. "Don't worry about it."

Still, I couldn't just not wonder who was at his apartment's door. I sat up straight, rubbing my eyes and sucking in a breath. I looked down at my appearance. I was in a pair of black, plain underwear and a tight, white tank top that you could see my black bra through. Despite this, I got up and walked to the front door.

Austin's apartment was sketchy and pretty small. The whole complex it was in wreaked of smoke and I was ninety eight percent sure his next door neighbor sold crack. Let's just hope he isn't the one at the door.

Another thing I didn't like about Austin's apartment was how the door didn't have a peephole. I mean, what if it was the crackhead next door? I might be murdered or forced into snorting all that shit.

But it wasn't the crackhead when I answered the door. It was John. He stood there and when he saw who exactly was answering the door his eyebrows lifted slightly. "Oh," He blurted out.

I hid most of my body behind the door, but still felt overexposed. "Hey." I bit my lip.

"Hi," He smiled lightly and leaned in lightly. "Is Austin here? I'm sorry that it's nine in the morning I just needed to talk to him."

"Yeah he's here," I think for a second there I got caught up in the moment because I invited John inside and therefore, he was to see what I was wearing.

John was in the apartment, looking around carefully. "This place is a fucking wreck." He chuckled.

I closed the door behind him and leaned against it. "I know. I keep telling him to clean it up too," I let out a heavy sigh and shrugged. "of course that doesn't happen though."

John shrugged as well and turned around. His cheeks turned a light crimson upon seeing my attire. "Uh," He stuttered for a moment. "I'm sorry if I woke you guys up."

"Oh, don't worry. Austin snores so loud I barely get any sleep at night as it is," I laughed dryly. "Let me go tell him you're here."

I rushed into Austin's bedroom only to find him missing in action. I groaned when I noticed the bathroom light on and the water running. He was in the shower, and when Austin takes showers he takes long ones.

I walked over to the bedside and picked my clothes off the floor. I shoved my legs back into my ripped blue jeans and through on my favorite red hoodie. I may my way back into the kitchen/living room section of the apartment to find John sitting on the couch awkwardly.

"He just got in the shower."

John sighed. "Wonderful."

"Was it something important?" I asked, earnestly.

"What?'

I urged on. "You know- what you had to tell him."

John paused for a minute and every second of it I felt his eyes intent on me. I had never felt so uncomfortable in my entire life. His eyes were all over me, taking in every part of me. Finally, he cleared his throat and stood up. "No. I can always tell him another time."

I nodded my head and watched as John walked towards the door. Despite the fact I was socially inept and incapable of feeling normal right now, I wanted him to stay. I wanted him to keep talking.

I blurted out the first thing that came to my mind. "So, how long have you and Mel been going out?"

John creeped around and gave me a weird look. "Uh, about three and a half months."

My heart sank. "Oh, how nice. So you guys are pretty serious?"

God. I never wanted to be this ex.

He shrugged. "Pretty much."

And then it came out. "She's the one you lost your virginity to, isn't she?

I looked down at my feet, my face heating up dramatically. For fuck's sake, what was wrong with me? Curiosity killed the fucking cat- I had heard that way too many times, but here I am now. Barking (or should I say meowing?) up the wrong, really tall, skinny, ex-lover, tree.

John cleared his throat and looked down. "Yeah..... she is."

Swallowing hard and sucking in a breath, I face him with a burst of sudden confidence. "Well, good."

"What do you mean by that?"

I shrugged. "Well, I think the two of us know how valuable that shit is, so you might as well let it happen with the right person. The person who actually means something."

John rolled his eyes and scoffed. "And that's why you did it with Austin, right? Well that makes perfect sense."

My lips parted and I looked at John with shock. "Excuse me?"

"How did that even happen anyway? You just came back and decided you needed to fuck someone? And hey, why not fuck your ex-boyfriend's best friend; now that is just wonderful. Your ex-boyfriend's boyfriend is the perfect person to loose your v-card too because they actually mean something and they are the right person."

"Don't mock me, John." I warned.

"You screwed me over!"

My eyes widened and I held out my hands. "I thought we were over this!"

"Obviously not!" He shouted.

"AUSTIN AND I DIDN'T HAVE SEX, JOHN! It never happened!"

"I just got here, at nine in the fucking morning, and you're wearing basically nothing and you know where his room is and-"

I cut him off, taking a step forward. "Why would you even care?" I seethed.

John looked at me, fury evident in his eyes. "Because-"

"What's going on out here?" Austin came in the room, a towel wrapped around his waist, hair went, and a cigarette dangling from his lips.

John's hand, which I just noticed was held up right by his side, fell. He shook his head, pursed his lips, and took a couple steps back.

"Nothing."

He turned around and stormed out of the apartment.

I whipped around in a fury, my eyes targeting that damn cigarette. "Why are you fucking smoking in the apartment?" I snapped.

Austin furrowed his brow, "What's the problem, babe?"

"It's disgusting. At least go outside or something. It's not as if this place isn't a shit hole to begin with."

"Hey!"

I rolled my eyes and speed walked into Austin's room. I grabbed my bag next to the bed and hung it over my shoulder. Austin at this time was walking into the room.

"What happened out there with John? Why was he here?"

In a fluster, I shook my head anxiously. "I don't know; he wanted to talk to you or something."

"And why are you all worked up?"

"Because he's my ex-boyfriend! Why wouldn't I be? I stormed out of the room and to the front door. I didn't bother waiting for Austin to follow me because in actuality, I knew he wouldn't. Instead, I marched out of the door with my blood boiling.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

As Rod mumbled profanities under his breath while searching for job descriptions and offers in the local newspaper, I sat in the back office with him having a conversation with John in my head. It mainly consisted of yelling, but like most of our fights: it ended with kissing.

"Fucking hell, why aren't there any jobs other than a bus boy?"

I sucked in a deep breath but before I could say anything Carter and Taylor walked into the office. The two of them were holding hands.

I spotted it the second they approached Rod and I. I made a face, "Uh."

"We have to tell you something." Taylor stifled a smile.

"You two are going out?" Rod interrupted.

Taylor's face fell, as well as Carter's. I glared at Rod. "Nice going, fat fuck. You ruined their announcement."

Taylor sucked in a breath. "Oh, it's not your fault. From our perspective it was pretty obvious anyway."

"What?" Rod and I said in unison.

Carter rolled his eyes. "We've been going out since you left, Carson."

A smile crept onto my lips. "No shit?"

"Shit." Taylor nodded her head.

"Wowzas. Way to tell me, assholes."

My brother shrugged. "We didn't know how you would react."

I furrowed my brow. "You're the older brother- you're the one who is suppose to flip a shit when I tell you I'm going out with someone."

"I did- remember? With John."

I rolled my eyes. "First of all, that was hardly any shit-flipping if I may say so myself. And second, that was before the two of us were even going out."

He let out a heavy sigh. "Fine. Whatever. We're getting some lunch; do you guys want to come with us?"

"Yea-"

"No!" I cut Rod off, Taylor gave us a weird look. I sucked in a breath, shaking my head. "I have to stay here with Rod until he finds a job."

Rod groaned out loud. "But we've been at this for like, three hours! And all you're doing is fantasizing about having a three way with Austin and John or some shit."

Carter covered his ears. "I didn't need to hear that."

"Shut up," My eyes darted towards Rod. "we've been here for fifteen minutes and I am not fantasizing about three ways. Or John."

Rod looked up at both Taylor and Carter, holding his hands out in defense and shrugged. "Well obviously she's not fantasizing about Austin."

Taylor chuckled. "That would be out of the question!"

"Fuck off." I muttered.

My brother patted the top of my head lightly. "There, there little one."

"Go eat your fucking lunch."

"She's feisty today." Rod stated, looking down at the paper once again.

Once Taylor and Carter left, Rod looked up at me and pouted lightly. He sucked in a breath and fixed his hair out of his eyes. "God dammit." He muttered.

"What?" I asked, uninterested with whatever he was to say next.

"I really wanted to nail that."

I looked up quickly, furrowing my brow. "Say what?"

"Taylor."

"Taylor?"

"Yeah."

I looked at him with eyes wide open. "You wanted to nail Taylor?"

"She's fucking hot."

"But she's my friend."

He looked at me flabbergasted. "You're letting her go out with your brother!"

"No! No," I huffed, "I mean, you said you wanted to nail her. That's totally different."

This time, he huffed. "You don't get it- I can't like, go out with girls. I would love too, but I have difficulties in the romance department. However, in the fucking department..... now that's a whole different story."

"You couldn't just bang Taylor and move on. You would see her like, everyday."

He sucked in a breath and scratched the back of his head. "Well, yeah, that's why I was going to ask you for help."

I wiggled me eyebrows. "Oh yeah?"

"I wanted you to help me asked her out."

"Aw! Rodney Asbern!"

"Never call me that again! And yeah, I liked her. I guess. That's what those kids call it these days right? Liking someone?"

"You like Taylor!"

"Oh god, it sounds so childish."

"It's cute!"

"It's obviously not happening anyway."

I pouted and my shoulders fell. "Hey, don't give up hope."

Rod rolled his eyes. "Say's that girl whose brother is going out with the girl we are talking about."

"Shut your mouth," I chuckled, "you never know what could happen."

"I think you should listen to yourself more often."

I cringed and kicked Rod's leg from underneath the table. "Get searching."
♠ ♠ ♠
This is sort of short. Sorry :(

But the miracle here is that I got a chapter up on a school night.
That hasn't happened in forever.