Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Girls Do What They Want

"Alright, follow my lead." John whispered in my ear as we approached the bar. Suddenly, he stopped dead in his tracks and faced me. "You do want to drink, right?"

I nodded my head. "Just because I'm nineteen doesn't mean I haven't had a drink before."

"Have you been drunk before?" He asked, raising his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. "Can we get on with this?" I asked.

He laughed and then start walking to the bar. I stayed behind him as he order our drinks. "..... And one for the lady here." He said, avoiding eye contact with the bartender and me.

The bartender nodded his head and pulled out two beer bottles for us. I reached into my pocket to pull out some money, but John put his hand on my arm. "You really think I'm going to let you pay?"

"Yes. I do." I started to dig in my pocket, pulling out a five.

"Well, you guessed wrong." John pulled out money from his pocket and left it on the counter, then grabbed our beers.

As he handed mine to me I said, "Thanks, you really didn't have to do that."

"Yes I did. I'm the guy."

"And....?"

"And thats what guys do."

I decided to let it go. I watched as more and more people began to pull into the bar and I noticed John was right. An hour ago nobody was here, but now, the place was packed.

"Shit!" I hissed, placing a hand on my head.

"What?" John turned around, concerned with wide eyes.

I shook my head. "I just realized I left my car at the fairgrounds. Fuck."

John placed a hand on my shoulder. "Don't worry. If I'm not too smashed by the end of the night, I'll drive you back there."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Not too smashed?"

"Fine," John sighed heavily. "I'll go easy on the drinking tonight, fair?"

"Okay," I nodded my head. "thank you."

"No problem. Now, would you like to dance with me?" He asked, his eyes flickering between me and the dance floor.

I groaned."Please don't make me dance."

"Come on! It'll be fun."

"Yeah, until you start grinding me."

John let out an exaggerated gasp. "Who said I would do such a thing?"

I shrugged. "I can just tell."

He let out a light laugh. "Well, you have no choice. So let's go."

He grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor despite my protest. He placed his hands on my hips, but I refused to wrap my arms around his neck. He kept grinning at me and moving me to the music. I had to laugh, which I was upset at myself for. I tried to continue to make me scowl on my face, but it wasn't working.

Suddenly, Pat ran up to John and I and took hold of my arms. He wrapped both of them around John's next which left me chuckling, much to my dismay. Pat ran away and John called after him. "Thanks Pat!" He shouted and I continued to laugh.

I placed the front of my hand on John's chest and shook it. I then realized what I was doing and I snapped my head up. I was blushing uncontrollably and noticed John was as well. We didn't make eye contact, but John was watching me with shock written all over his face. Did I really just make contact with him on purpose?

After about three songs, most of which I stood still laughing and watching John make a fool of himself, we sat down. We had some more drinks with the rest of the guys of The Maine, which I discovered how much fun and hilarious they all can be, and I hate to admit it, but John as well.

"Wanna another drink?" John slurred in my ear, causing chills to rush down my spin.

"Um,'' I thought a minute. I probably shouldn't have another, but screw it. "Yeah, thanks."

John left Garrett, Pat and I at the table laughing about.... well nothing. Slowly, the night seemed to slip by in a complete blur.

I was drunk and I could only hope I wasn't making a complete fool out of myself. Soon, I found myself next to John sitting outside on the curb, sipping another beer. John wasn't and he clearly wasn't as bad as I was. Honestly, I only think he had two beers, but hell, I could barely count the fingers on my hand.

A gust of wind whipped bye and chills fled down my exposed arms. I shuddered and let out a breath.

"You cold?" John asked.

I nodded my head, which is something I would have never done if I were sober. I wasn't weak in front of anybody, especially not this guy.

John slid off his leather jacket. "Here." He held it out to me, and when I looked at it skeptically he chuckled. He picked up my left arm and slid it in. Then, he walked over to my right and slid it in as well.

"Hey," I mumbled as John sat back down. "What's your last name?" I slurred, my eyes closing.

"O'Callaghan."

"Oh." I nodded my head, practically forgetting what he had just said and what I asked already.

"And what's your last name?"

"Thomas. Twelfth most common last name in the United States."

John let out a laugh that was a mixture of amazement and humor. "You are completely drunk, yet you can give me facts about your last name?"

I shrugged and rubbed my eyes. "It just comes natural, I guess."

John laughed and helped me up. We went back inside, and quite frankly, I don't know what happened. All I know is that I'm sitting at a booth with Jared and Kennedy.

"You guys, I think we're going to go. I only had two beers so I'll drive. Let's go."

John picked me up and wrapped an arm around my waist. We walked out to the van. John opened my door and helped me up into it. In the back, Pat fell over getting into the car. "I think Pat and Kenny are as smashed as you." John mumbled as he helped me buckle my seat belt.

John dropped each other the guys off and after about fifteen minutes it was just us two in the dark van. After about another five minutes, John pulled into a familiar parking lot.

He parked his van and walked out of his car. I started to have trouble with my seat belt, when John rushed around the front of the car and opened my door. He undid my seatbelt and helped me out.

Soon, we approaching a familiar, long staircase. "Alright, this is gonna be a challenge." John muttered to himself.

John helped me up the stairs, which took about five minutes alone. A couple of times I almost fell and I would mumble a 'sorry' to him. Which in return he would say 'It's fine. We'll be there in a couple of minutes.'

It didn't occur to me where he was taking me either and why the place was so familiar.

We walked down a long, outdoor, yet again, familiar hallway. We reached the end and John reached into his pocket and pulled out keys. He fidgeted with them for a bit, probably trying to find the right one, before unlocking the door.

"Ok." He let out an exasperated breath.

He led me down yet another hallway into what I thought was a bedroom. He walked me around to one side and sat me down on the end. He leaned down and helped me take off my shoes and through them off to the side.

I wanted so badly to just curl up in this bed. I guess it was mine..... I'm not really sure.

John softly spoke and said, "Lie down." I did so and he lightly placed and hand on my shoulder. I was at the end of the bed, I knew that. Then, John placed his arm beneath my knees and his other in the center of my back. He picked me up bridal-style and moved me towards the front of the bed. He pulled back the covers and placed me under them.

Soon, a cool sea of cloth engulfed me and I instinctively curled up. He fixed the pillows before saying, "Goodnight Carson."

Before he left his room, and I don't know how I knew to say this, especially considering I was drunk, I said, "Thanks John."

Through my blinking and slowly closing eyes, I watched John stand at the doorway watching me. "Anytime." He said and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, first off, I love this chapter and it is very rare for me to love my writing as much as I love this chapter :)
Second, TEN STARS!!!?!??! ALREADY!??!?! I love you guys!
Thank you so much to those who have subscribed and commented! You guys are so awesome
:D THANK YOU!