Status: Active :)

We Can't Forget Last Summer

Kiss And Sell

I sat with my arms across my chest, glaring at the boy on the opposite side of the room. The tall freak browsed different CDS and vinyls picking them up every so often. I just sat there, giving him what I like to cal a 'death glare'.

How could he even have the nerve to come here? To face me? Especially after what he had said.

It had been four days since my outburst on John and this is the second time, in those four days, that he decided it would be fun to stop by the store. Of course, on those days, I was working.

The first time, John didn't buy anything, which I was grateful for. He just walked in, stayed about fifteen grueling minutes, and left without purchasing any items. Today, unfortunately, he picked up several packages of pics. I knew he would buy them; he had been carrying them for awhile now.

Unlike the first time, John had been in here for about a half hour, almost as if he was pestering me with just his presence. I knew he would sneak a peak at me every so often, and instead of backing down, I coldly stared right back at him.

Finally, John broke away from the racks and walked up to the counter. I sat myself up straight as he placed the three packages of pics in front of me. I rang them up and as I did so, John searched for money in his pocket.

"Three fifty." I mumbled his amount.

He nodded his head and threw a five on the counter. I gave him his changed and placed the packages in a plastic bag.

"You know, I didn't mean what I said the other day." He said, before walking away from the counter.

I ignored his statement, looking down at the magazine I was reading.

John sighed heavily and from what I could see out of the corner of my eye, ran a hand threw his hair. "The thing is, I, uh, I knew your Uncle. He always talked about you and how much he wished you could visit. I didn't realize you were the Carson he always talked about. You have a different last name as him.. and, well, I was always mad at you when Rich was dying because I knew he needed you. When you were in the store here and told me Sara was your Aunt, I put the pieces of the puzzle together. You were right though, I had no idea who you were or what you were going through at the time. Hell, I didn't even know how old you were. I'm sorry Carson; I really am."

I didn't process the whole scenario. Instead, I raised my head and asked, "You knew him?"

John nodded his head. "Yeah, I came here a lot.... even when I was younger. And most of the time, I would just hang out with Rich. He actually inspired me to become a musician."

"He would talk about me?"

"Yeah, you and Carter. Of course, when I met Carter I still didn't realize he was related to your Uncle, because like I said, you guys have a different last name. But yeah, he talked about you all the time."

"What would he say?" I was so fascinated while all of this. I always thought about my Uncle, but no one brought him up anymore. I hardly even saw him before he died. It had been years since I was actually speaking out loud about him.

John stifled a smile. "He talked about how stubborn, but how bright you were. And he would say that you were such a pretty girl for your age, which was obviously several years ago. And, um, he said that we were alike and that we would get along easily."

I raised an eyebrow. "Really?"

"Really."

"We don't get along. At all."

"I know."

John and I just stared at each other for a moment. I felt my cheeks heating up, so I broke the trance and looked away anxiously.

"I'm sorry though. I was just in the heat of the moment and everything....." John trailed off.

I shrugged. "It's, um, fine." I looked down at my magazine.

"Carson?" He asked leaning forward.

I didn't respond.

John leaned on the counter right in front of me. "Car?"

I snapped up. "My name is Carson, not Car!"

John stepped back, nodding his head. "Sorry, I didn't realize...."

"Yeah, you didn't," I stepped out from behind the counter. "just like you didn't realize how much what you said to me affected me. I love my Uncle; always did, always will. And when you say that I didn't appreciate or give a damn about him..... well, then, fuck you."

"I said I'm sorry!" John protested.

I rolled my eyes. "I don't like you John. Okay? I thought you might have realized that by now."

John shook his head and rolled his eyes. "Oh really? You don't like me? Okay then, next time your passed out drunk, I'm not taking you home."

"Good, for all I know you could have done something to me while I was drunk anyway!"

"Fine, don't expect me to go on the ferris wheel with you anymore!"

"You were the one who wanted to go on the god damn ferris wheel!"

John's eyebrows raised. "Okay, keep telling yourself that."

My jaw dropped. He couldn't really be doing this. I rolled my eyes. "You're an asshole."

He shrugged. "I'm aware. And you're a, uh..."

I folded my arms over me chest, waiting for an answer. When he couldn't come up with anything I said, "Yeah, that's what I thought."

I made my way back behind the counter. Unfortunately, John wasn't done and didn't leave the store. He walked back to the counter and leaned on it once again.

"We kind of need to be friends, though."

I shook my head and placed a piece of gum in my mouth.

"We do and you know it too. Plus, I'm friends with your Aunt. She and my mom are good friends."

"Whoop-de-doo." I rolled my eyes.

John stifled a grin. "You know you love me."

"Think again." I flipped a page of the magazine.

"We're having this annual summer barbeque, and my mom always invites your Aunt. So you're entitled to come."

"No I'm not."

"We're inviting you too."

I shut the magazine and threw it under the counter aggressively. "We are not friends. And certainly not 'barbeque' friends."

"It's in two weeks, so no need to rush the friendship or anything."

"John......" I warned.

"My mom is really excited to meet you."

"Shut up."

"I invited Carter too, but he can't come."

"Well then I can't come either."

"Yes you can."

"Nope."

"The rest of the band is coming too. So we can all hang out."

"That's the only appealing aspect of this entire event."

"You can meet my brother too. And mi padre."

This time, I simply shook my head.

"Your Aunt already RSVPed and she said she'll bring you along."

"Well, maybe I'll be sick that day."

"Maybe I'll tell Sara you're pretending to be sick."

I sighed heavily and shook my head. Finally, I looked up at him and raised an eyebrow. "Touche."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to everyone who is commenting and those who have subscribed!
:) Hope you enjoyed this chapter!