Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 13

You reached the door and Korin lifted the knocker, a huge brass affair, and released it, creating a noise like a thunderclap. The door creaked open, and Seth stood in the doorway.
“Aylen! You’ve returned.” He said, almost monotonously. “And you’ve brought d- a guest, I see.” He corrected quickly. Korin didn’t seem to have noticed, but you weren’t positive, he seemed to have clammed up completely.
“Please, come in.” Your brother offered. You both stepped through the threshold. You looked around; there was no sign of your parents.
“Seth, where are Mother and Father?” you asked him. He smiled.
“They are currently bogged down with some very important work. I will take you up, if you like,” he said politely. You nodded, brow furrowed. Seth wasn’t normally this nice to you. Or anyone, to be perfectly frank. A particle of dust floated into your eye, causing you to blink. When it was out, you sensed your brother behind you, before you felt a sharp blow to the back of your neck, pitching you forward into unconsciousness.
Korin saw exactly what happened, and reacted. His sword was unsheathed within a fraction of a second, and he moved forward fast enough to catch you. He leveled the tip at your brother, knowing that he stood little chance, though he didn’t dare put you down. He knew Seth’s type. Seth wouldn’t hesitate to use your limp figure as a shield. Or a weapon. Seth smirked, knowing that Korin had been rendered little more than useless.
Seth took off again, at a speed that only a strong, well-fed, vampire could. He easily pinned Korin to the wall, holding him by the throat. Korin held your body as much out of the way as he could. Seth smirked at the incapacitated hunter before him.
“Right this way to your room, Sir Hunter. Please, leave all of your belongings here, including my sister, if you will.” He said silkily. Korin gritted his teeth and held on to you. Seth’s eyes narrowed, and he squeezed a bit harder.
“Drop her, or I swear I’ll kill her right here and now.” Seth hissed, loosing any pretended cordiality. Korin let you slide down, against the wall. Seth smiled again, nastily.
“Good boy. Now…allow me to escort you to your room.” Seth led Korin, shifting his grip to a different choke hold. Though, judging by where his other hand was; decidedly lower, and Korin’s facial expression; icy with a hint of nervousness; it wasn’t the choke hold that bothered the hunter. Out of the chamber and down three flights of stairs, Seth led Korin down to the dungeons, clearly enjoying his guest’s discomfort.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh... i frighten myself...