Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 17

“Come on.” He urged in a near-croak. You did. Korin didn’t wince when you bite him, though he did shift slightly closer, and tipped his head further to the side, giving you room. You drank sparingly, his blood flowing slowly down your throat, as sweet as it had been before. You disengaged quickly when you felt his heart slow more. His eyes were half closed, and he was held upright almost solely by the wrists. Your brow furrowed.
“I’m fine,” he said after a moment, getting to his feet and leaning heavily against the wall. His eyes were closed now, and he was a lot paler than normal, but still healthy looking, considering. You sighed, and turned around. Your parents were frowning, and talking quietly to each other. You moved closer, and heard:
“I thought they were all wiped out. Weren’t they?”
“Not…necessarily…” You walked over, curious.
“What’s wrong? Mom? Dad?” they looked at you and than at Korin.
“Nothing’s wrong…but…your friend isn’t…right, either.” Your mother told you. “He doesn’t taste right, and…I don’t know. There’s just something off about him. You father thinks that he might be a Virden, but they were wiped out eleven years ago. He would have been killed then.” She explained.
“It would explain the hair and eyes, too. They looked different from regular humans.” Your father added.
“But, don’t you think someone would have figured that out before now?” you asked, puzzled. He shrugged.
“Maybe, maybe not. People really don’t think that way. If anything, they would just tell themselves that he’d from down south.” You looked at Korin. Now that your attention had been called to it, he really was quite odd.
Flaming hair and emerald eyes, he was tall and he had no memories of his childhood. He would have been alive during the Virden annihilation, too…
♠ ♠ ♠
and here comes past, here to bite people in the butt