Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 20

Needless to say, you were in shock. Seth had cursed Esiladae, who was killed by Korin, who was now being drunk by Seth, who had cursed Esiladae, who died. And all you could see was Korin’s body slumped against Seth’s shoulder; red hair a stark contrast to his now very pale skin. Tears sprang unbidden to your eyes.
“S-stop it.” You whispered, the tears rolling sideways off your face. Whether Seth heard you, you would never know, and you really didn’t want to know. He shrugged Korin off, letting him hit the floor with a thud. He stood still, staring down at the prone man on the floor with a haughty look on his face. He waited a few minutes, prodding him with the toe of a highly shined boot every now and then. He arched a conceited eyebrow.
“Hmm. Maybe I overdid it. Shame” He said speculatively. He’d liked the Virdin; he tasted good, and would’ve been a good way to…unwind…after work, in bed. He turned away from Korin’s body. “What now?” He asked himself. He appeared to be counting off a list of things to do in his head. What he didn’t notice was Korin, who had regained consciousness. Korin had managed to pull himself to his feet, using the wall as a support, before Seth turned around. Seth just smiled.
“Ah, good. You are still of use. Now,” he moved toward the chair, sitting down again, quite satisfied that Korin would obey. “I want you to do me a little…favor.” You could hear the command in his voice already. “Kill them.” He said, waving a lazy hand at you and your parents. You paled. That would be no challenge for Korin, even as severely weakened as he was; how difficult was it to kill three handcuffed people? Korin shook his head slightly, apparently trying to clear it. Seth smirked, and handed him a sword. It was Korin’s sword, glittering with deadly light. Korin accepted it, eyes obediently dull. He turned toward your parents. You couldn’t see what was going on very clearly, they were behind you, but you heard a gasp and the clear sound of iron on silver. You heard your mother gasp your father’s name, followed by another clang. Korin walked over to you. His back was to Seth, who was looking on with disinterest, bored with the proceedings. Tears were pouring down your face as you looked up at his face, which was creased in a frown. Oddly enough, his eyes were clear. He raised his hand toward his face, and touched his finger to his lips, motioning for you to stay quiet. He stabbed down with the sword. Your eyes involuntarily squeezed shut.
♠ ♠ ♠
let the bodies hit the floor...let the bodies hit the floor...Rob Zombie rox