Nameless

Nameless: Chapter 8

A second later, you both slipped back out of the tent; Korin was now holding the sword, daggers, and pack. You still supported him, so he didn’t fall over from the dizziness that comes with blood loss. You moved toward the woods, and reached the fringe quickly. Korin’s breathing was irregular, and you knew he needed a rest; you were still energized from the ‘meal’ you had had earlier. You asked him if he wanted to stop.
“No, we don’t have the time. They’ll be awake soon. We can’t afford to be anywhere near here when that happens.” You wanted to argue, and had even opened your mouth to do so, but you shut it again and didn’t. He didn’t have the energy or the breath to waste. So you pushed on, letting him lead.
Finally, just as dawn was breaking, he stumbled badly. He fell, and accidentally dragged you with him, down a steep hill. You reached the ground after a long decent through whipping branches, bushes, sticks, and all manner of other painful objects. Korin had landed next to you, unconscious again. You crawled over to him. He was largely unhurt, which was a relief. Unknowingly, he also saved you both from discovery of the wrong sort.
♠ ♠ ♠
REALLY short. i'm mean, i know.