Love Is Not Like Anything, Especially a Knife

Chapter 14

Gerard pov

I kicked the freezing snow that had made friends with the ground as I walked up to my doorstep. I hate winter. It's so cold. It's 'Jersey cold'.

I looked up, Frank was just standing there with a look I just couldn't put into words. I fell into his arms.

"shh, It's okay." Frank said quietly, wiping away my tears.

"She.. I'm just.. I-I miss her." I stuttered. Frank lead me to our bedroom, both of us collapsed on the bed together. He kissed my forehead and I was instantly asleep.

--

I opened my eyes to complete darkness. We must have sleeped all day. Frank lay next to me still passed out. I got up and went to the bathroom. I washed my face with ice cold water, waking my self up. I walked into the living room finding no one. the clock read 3:47 AM. I trudged my pocket for that little bag of 'devil dust' I had bought on my way home.

They won't miss me. They never do.

I started with one line, which turned into four. I tried to get up only to fail myself.

I can't do anything right. I'm always fucking up. I let her die.

What a great birthday gift for Bert. I deserve it.


I lay on the floor sobbing. The last thing I remember was a Frightful scream.

--

Beep.... Beep.... Beep

I opened my eyes and was blinded by the whiteness of the room. There was a creepy man starring straight at me.

"Ah Mr. Way You're awake." He said very professionally. I just starred at him blankly. He did the same. "Hum, I'm gonna go.. Uh tell your family."

Ha, Not so professional now hey Doc?

About 20 minutes later Frank burst in, Hugging and kissing me uncontrollably. His face was tear stained. It broke my heart all over again.

"I Love you." I said to him, kissing his lips.

"Why? Why did you do it?" He sobbed into my chest

"I.. I don't know" I simply said.

Bert walked in. He just stood at the doorway, as if waiting for me to let him in. I smiled at him and he walked over.

"I'm so sorry." I said looking down. he lifted my chin up with his finger. "I shouldn't have done-" He cut me off my crashing his lips to mine.

What the fuck?