The Night Stalker

Chapter Three

"Where are we going?" Luna asked Axel as she climbed into the passenger's seat of his 1965 Ford Mustang.
"I was thinking a movie and pizza," Axel said.
"So a classic date. I like it," she said.
"Good. Because it's my first one," he said.

Luna began thinking about her first date. It was in 1717 to a hanging. The woman being hanged was her friends' mother. She had had an affair with a man that was twenty years younger than her.

Axel put his arm around Luna and she hugged him close to her. He was so warm and once again had that amazing scent; mint and cologne.

He reached a hand up and began stroking her hair. She nodded her head up and he leaned down and kissed her. It was anamazing kiss; the best she'd ever had.

"Luna, would you be my girlfriend?" Axel asked.
"I thought I already was," she replied.
Axel smiled and pulled Luna closer to him and hugged her.
He looked at Luna and said, "I don't know if anyone told you, but I don't do this much."
"You don't do what much?"
"Ask a girl out. I won't date just any girl. It has to be someone special. That's why I chose you."
"Aww. Well, you're only my second relationship," she said.

"After the movie, they walked back to Axel's car, hand-in-hand. Luna was so happy. She'd just met this boy, but she already knew that she loved him. They were driving back home, still holding hands, and Axel was talking to her. He kept looking at her and back at the road. Luna was watching the road for him. It was snowing and Luna could scarcely see. She narrowed her eyes, trying to see what was in the road. There was a small figure, standing in their lane. As they approached it, Luna could tell that it was a woman.

"Axel, watch out!" Luna cried.
Axel looked at what was standing in the road and attempted to swirve around it, but the road was covered in ice. The car went out of control, driving off of the road and into a tree. Luna crawled out of the car, with not a scratch on her. She ranover to the driver's side to see if Axel was alright.
"Axel. Axel, are you alright?" Luna asked.
He didn't respond. He was knocked out, cold. Luna pulled her cell phone outof her pocket and dialed 911.
"I wouldn't do that if I were you," said a voice from behind Luna.
Luna spun around to face a woman dressed in all black, with hints of purple here and there. The woman had a lip ring and dark red hair. Her hair was so dark red that it almost looked brown, but you cold still faintly tell that it was red.
"Why not?" Luna asked and hung up the phone.
"The police and fire department and ambulance will come and they'll investigate," said the woman.
"And?"
"And they'll see that you're unharmed and know that there's something different about you."
The woman argued a good point. She couldn't let anyone know what had happened.
"Who are you?" Luna asked the woman.
"I'm Haven Jones. I've heard about you."
"Heard about me?"
"You read minds. I want to use you."
"Use me? How?"
"You see, there's a few people that are suspected of staling from me," Haven said.
"And you want to use me, why?"
"I need to find out who is stealing from me."
"And if you don't find out. Then what?"
"Then I'll behead you," said Haven.
"That's a tough decision. What happens to me if you do find out who did it?"
"Then I shall award you," Haven said.
"Award me what?"
"Your life."
Luna thought about it for a moment. She didn't know if she wanted to do it or not.
"What if I decide not to do it?"
"Then I'll let you live," Haven said.
"Well..."
"Until I find you again. Once I find you, and I will find you, I'll kill you," she explained.
"I guess I don't really have a choice, then, if I want to live."
"Exactly."
"Can I think about it for a while?" Luna asked.
"No. The decision must be made now!"
Luna paused for a moment and then said, "I'll do it."
"Great. Now you might want to check on your friend," Haven said, pointing to Axel, sitting helplessly passed out, in the driver's seat.
Luna ran over to Axel and tried to wake him up. It didn't work.
Luna hitchiked back to her house with Axel. She dragged himup to her roomand laid him down on her bed.

Axel woke up with athrobbing headache.
"What time is it?" Axel asked.
Luna looked over at the clock and said, "it's seven in the morning on Sunday."
"What happened?" he asked.
"You lost control of the car and ran into a tree," she explained.
"Then why aren't you injured?"
She didn't know what to say to that. She couldn't let him know her secret.
"The accident was three weeks ago. You've been unconscious ever since," she said.
"Omigod. That was a hell of a first date," said Axel.