Status: Leave a comment saying yes if you want in

Letters For Jimmy

Chapter III

Dear Jimmy,

It's been a while since you left us, yet it still feels as if it were yesterday. It's been really tough without you. It's safe to say that this world is a totally different place without you in it. But wherever you are, I know it's a better place than this, which is what you truly deserve.
It still feels as it was just yesterday when I checked my phone to see a tweet from Sixx: A.M.'s lead singer, James Michael, stating that you had left us. I remember pacing back and forth, finding this news unbelievable. I immediately burst into tears. The only thing I could hope for was that it was some sick, cruel joke. Honestly, I would've been okay with that. To my utter disappointment, that one tweet was confirmed everywhere on the Internet. My entire world basically shattered at that moment. Over just two years, Avenged Sevenfold had become a huge part of my life. Without you there, how could it ever be the same?
I stayed up until around six in the morning, just wondering and continuously asking myself why. Why would you of all people be picked to leave us so soon, when you were one of the most amicable, magical people in the world? It's still a question I ask myself to this day.
Sadly, I never saw you perform live, even though I've been such a die hard fan for almost three years now. I gave up my only chance to see you for a cell phone in 2008, because I wasn't as big of a fan at the time. I had no idea what my love for the band would turn into. Looking back on it, I'm really ashamed of myself for choosing that phone over what could have possibly been one of the best concerts ever, and an experience I'd cherish for the remainder of my life. After you left, the guilt was unbearable, but thankfully, time heals all wounds. I'm not very guilty anymore, but that doesn't eliminate my disappointment.
I've been a fan of your music ever since I heard “Seize The Day.” I was only 9 or 10 years old at the time, but I really enjoyed the music. My mom was the first to buy City of Evil because she liked the song as well. The year 2008 rolled along and so did Taste of Chaos. I was so stoked for it, like, beyond belief, but then my parents came to me and said, “Concert or phone.” Being a 5th grader at the time, of course I picked the phone. Besides, you guys had already come here twice in only three or four months. Of course you'd come back again soon. Oh, how wrong was I.
Soon afterward, I decided, “Hey, these Avenged Sevenfold guys are really cool! I should listen to the other two albums I've never heard before.” At that moment, my utter love and adoration for your band was born. I couldn't get enough. I had to own every album. I had to own the DVD. I had to know everything about you guys. Once I learned more about who you guys were, I learned of the relationship you all share. It wasn't just some guys playing in a band together. You all were the best of friends, practically brothers. All big Avenged Sevenfold fans grasp that concept, which is one of the many reasons Avenged Sevenfold is the band they are.
2008 rolled by, as did 2009, you didn't stop by my town. Not a single show. Honestly, through late 2009, I didn't listen to your music as much, because nothing was really going on. Sure, deep down inside I was still a hardcore fan, but I didn't express it as much as I used to. In December, the news that you all finished the writing process for Nightmare had me more excited than ever. I was ready to hear some new tunes from Avenged Sevenfold, with you playing with them. Then, that dreadful day arrived. My heart was truly broken.
As a write this, it's the 29th of December, the day after the anniversary of your passing, and the pain is still there. Not a day goes by that you don't cross my mind at least once. Although I'm still in pain over your loss, I know I, and every other fan, will make it through, having so many fantastic things to remember you by.
You have given me so much inspiration for my own life. Your passing made me realize how short life can be and that I really need to make the most out of it, just as you did. I'm gonna follow my dreams, seize the day, and just enjoy my life, because there’s no telling when it could all come to sudden end. I can only hope I can achieve as much as you did in my whole life that you did in a mere 28 years. The amount of achievements you made in such a short time will never fail to amaze me.
To me, Jimmy, you weren't just some drummer in a band that I adored. You were someone to look up to. You were a spectacular man who was brilliant, kind-hearted, talented beyond belief, and just genuine. That's exactly who you'll always be remembered as. There will never again be someone in this world quite like you.
It was a blessing to be able to see you live your dreams out. I'm happier than ever that you were able to use your talent to do what you love and bless us with more than amazing music that will play on and on in our hearts and minds eternally. I will never get tired of your great music.
Even though you left this world, you'll always be alive in our hearts. Your wonderful memory is forever planted in us, and I'm glad that that's the case.
I can promise you that there will always be a special place for you in my heart and soul.

Much love,
Livvy, a 14 year old, die hard A7X fan of almost three years.

P.S. - I own a pair of your drumsticks that you actually played in 2008. They're my prized possession. Every time I see them, I smile. It's like my own little piece of you.
P.P.S. - I recently got an industrial piercing done, because you had one, too. I love it so very much. Oh, and of course, I also plan on getting an Avenged Sevenfold tattoo in the future.
♠ ♠ ♠
I edited this so much. I wanted it to be perfect. I hope it is. :)
I just basically spilled all of my feelings out into this letter.
1,100 words.
- Livvy