This Is How We Live.

This is what we live for.

"Amy!" I ran into her arms, pushing Zach out of the way.

"Nina!" she yelled, wrapping her arms around me.

If I had to choose who I was closest with, it would be Amy. We've known each other since before we were born. Not to mention she's seen me at my worst of the worst. And best of the best.

Zach butted in our giggle-fest, "Amy," he said, smiling.

"Zachy!" she said, hugging him.

"How was New York?" he asked her calmly.

"Oh, you know, just the same... I guess," Amy shrugged.

Zach, Amy, and I walked to French class all smiles. I poked her side, "By the way, did I tell you Brandon talked to me?"

"SHUT UP," she yelled, "YOU'RE KIDDING! JANINE MAE REYES, YOU'RE LYING TO ME!"
"I'm not!" I chuckled, "Ask Zach."

"Zachy, did Brandon really go up to Nina?" she asked sweetly.

"Yeah," he smiled, "it was crazy."

"You guys underestimate me too much!" I sat in my seat, then the bell rang.
--
After French, I was off to lunch, and I began looking for Brandon. "Chillax, gurl!" Michael said.

I sat down calmly, "Sure, I'll just wait for him to come up to me. That's what gentlemen do, right?"

All the boys nodded.

"Hey, pretty," Brandon slid in the empty seat next to me.

"Wrong table," I said.

"Not really," he touched my hand, "Listen, sorry I forgot to text back the other day. My parents were hella trippin'."

"It's totally fine," I smiled.

"Good," he walked to his table full of jocks and cheerleaders.

"Oooooh!" Michael yelled. I started blushing.

"I hate him," Katie said, through clenched teeth.

"He's so fucking cocky," Emi said, taking a sip of her Vitamin Water.

"He's cute," Amy said. Zach glared.
--

I walked into dance class for fifth period, and I guess we weren't having a lesson today.
"Free workshop," my teacher announced.

"Sweet!" I said, "Can I?"

She nodded. I pulled my iPod out of my pocket and hooked it up to the speakers. I played 'You' by Chris Brown. I started dancing then the door opened. Brandon walked in. Well, duh, he was an office aide for fifth period. I felt my face flush red and sat down. I unraveled my high ponytail as my teacher said, "Lockers."

I let out a sigh of relief as I went to my PE locker and changed back into my normal clothes. I ran out of the locker room as fast as I could, but Brandon stopped me, "Good choreo in there."

"Shut up," I said.

"No, seriously, you're really good."

"Thanks," I smiled and headed for my last class of the day, trigonometry.