This Is How We Live.

Freak the freak out.

I quickly wrote down my trigonometry notes, counting down the seconds until the day ended. The bell rang and I let out a long sigh of relief. "Okay, class, have a good weekend," my teacher, Ms. Crawford said. I looked down at my notes, which was a big scribble of words and shapes. Damn it. I shoved my binders in my backpack and my phone fell out.

"You dropped your phone," a kid in my class handed it to me.

"Thanks," I didn't bother to look up. I fast-walked out of that classroom and to Emily's locker. "Any plans this weekend?"

"Well," she said, closing her locker, "Katie, Amy and I were gonna have movie night with our boyfriends. Wanna join?"

"Great," I mumbled, "another night being alone. Watching you guys make out with each other. Fun."

She laughed, "You'll find someone. So, you in?"

"Sure, why not?" I shoved my cellphone in my back pocket as Nathan, Emily's boyfriend, came towards us.

"Hey" he said, kissing her cheek.

"Bye," I walked away.

--

I rolled the rack around the store, looking for things that looked totally out of place. Forever 21, and I'm not buying anything. This job is oh, so glorious. Not. Good thing I was leaving early anyway.

Three hours after I checked in, I went up to my boss, "I gotta go," I grabbed my bag from behind the counter.

She waved, "Bye Janine."

I got in my car and drove to the dance studio. I needed to get some stress off my body.

--

After hitting up the dance studio, I didn't bother changing, so I just went to Emily's in sweats. It was just my best friends, do I care? I opened the front door and planted my butt on the chair next to Amy, who was cuddling with her boyfriend, Zach. And he was quietly singing to her. He would.

Katie was sharing a blanket with Cameron, and she had her head buried in his shoulder.

Emily was sitting next to Nathan, her feet up on his thighs, and their hands intertwined.

I got up from the chair next to Amy and sat on Michael's lap. I put my head on his shoulder, "I'm tired."

He patted my back, "You'll be fine, Janine."

"Yeah," I said, but it was muffled since now my face was buried in his chest. My phone started vibrating.

"Your ass is vibrating," Michael whispered, smiling.

"Stop feeling my ass," I pulled my phone out. 'One new message: Brandon<3' I shoved my phone back in my butt pocket. I really wasn't in the mood to text him right now. Michael pick-pocketed my phone out of my pocket and clicked on my new message. "Michael!" I yelled, trying to grab my phone out of his hands. He kept pulling it away, slowly reading my text.

Amy shushed both of us, and Michael and I both collapsed into a fit of laughter.

--

(Michael's POV)

Man, Janine was so cute! I'm not gonna lie, I've crushed on her since I met her. She's so pretty, and funny, and when she smiles, it just lights up my whole day. I grabbed her phone and read her new text, "Hi babe! We should hang out this weekend(;"

Well that goes my plans for her. I wish she didn't like Brandon. He's such a... douchebag. And a player. No, I'm not saying this because I like Janine. Wait.. yeah I am.

As I see Janine bury herself into the cushy chair, I couldn't help but smile at her. Yes, she acts like she's five, but that's the one thing I love the most about her. I wasn't even paying attention to the movie that was playing on the TV. All I was paying attention to was her. Hell, maybe I'll even ask her to homecoming with me. If Brandon doesn't beat me to it...

(back to Janine's POV)

"Michael, watch the movie!" I whispered to him as I saw him staring at me.I cuddled next to him, wrapping my arms around his charcoal gray hoodie.

"Sorry," he shook his head, smiling.

I looked around the room, and saw everyone knocked out. I giggled, "Mikey, come with me." I grabbed his hand and went into Emi's room. I went through her drawers, trying to find her air horns. We always used them when we were home alone with her brother. Hell yeah, we scared him. I threw Michael the air horn and ran back downstairs to the theater.

"WAKE UP, BITCHES!" I yelled, pressing the air horn. It rang so loud, Amy screamed.

"I'M GONNA CUT YOU, JANINE!" she got up from her beanbag and started chasing me. I took Michael by the hoodie strings and ran into a supply closet. We were smushed together, which was very awkward.

20 minutes later, I figured that Amy gave up on trying to find us, so I opened the door and walked out. Amy jumped on my back and started screaming.

"You're such a bitch!" I said, jokingly.

Emily started throwing M&Ms at us, Katie started laughing so hard soda shot out her nose, Nathan threw Cheetos at us, Zach started randomly singing a song, Michael made a beat to Zach's so-called 'song', and Cameron was just being Cameron.

This is why they're my best friends.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, hi! I kinda thought this was short, but tell me if you liked it. I really appreciate comments & subs. Thaaaanks.

xoxxo, Pam