Somethings Gotta Give

Cocky As Ever

"So what brings you all the way out here?" Brian asked after opening another beer.

The guys insisted that we stayed to hang out with them after the signings. Even if it was nearing 3 in the morning. 

"You. Syd here couldn't wait to see you guys all sweaty on stage, let alone meet you all. Is this not the best birthday present you've ever gotten from me or what?!" Nikkei exclaimed as she jumped on my lap, a huge grin plastered on her face.

I blushed at the first comment, but recovered quickly as Jimmy came running over and pushed Nikkei off me, only to cover my tinny frame with his gigantic body.

"It's your birthday too?! Omg, we're like, totally twins!!" he squealed like a teenaged bimbo would. 

Smiling, I went along with it, "Like, totally no way!" I did the hand floppy thing just for emphasis.

Everyone chuckled at our silliness and continued the conversation.

"How olds the birthday girl today? Sixteen, seventeen?" Matt asked.

I'm pretty sure I don't look that young. Do I?

"Actually, I'm 18. Thank you very much. Free to do what ever, and whoever, I damn well please!" I giggled as Jimmy tried to switch our positions so that I was on his lap. 

I couldn't help but to notice the way Brian was glancing every so often my way. Not official for a ninja. I smiled at him as Jimmy kept asking me random questions that I had no problem answering. 

Nikkei and I stayed for a couple of hours, just talking and joking around with the guys. We got to know them as more than just a band, and just like the first day I met Brian, we instantly connected.

Too soon for my liking, we had to leave, but not before exchanging numbers with all of them. As soon as everyone was out in the early morning sunshine, Brian spoke up.

"Hey... you wanna go get some breakfast? As a local, I know the best place!" he said in a sing song voice.

I giggled, loving the way he was acting so carelessly around me. It made me remember that we were like that before. Looking past him at Nikkei, I silently asked if I could go with him.

Then I remembered it was my birthday, and I was finally 18. I could do whatever the hell I felt like doing, without any permission. So instead of waiting for her non-existent reply I smirked.

"I'll meet you back at the hotel later, kay?" I stated, loving the way I could call my own shots. 

Nikkei smiled, no doubt knowing how I was feeling. It was one of those moments that was meant just for siblings. After we said our goodbyes, Nikkei headed for our car and I followed Brian to his. 

We made it to his black Escalade in silence, the tension rising with every second that passed. Not the bad kind though; more like the exciting kind. We had four years of catching up to do, and I was leaving tomorrow morning. That didn't give us much time, but I wanted to make the best of it. 

"So how've you been? Cocky as ever I suppose?" I joked, trying to start a conversation.

A chuckle escaped his lips as his eyes momentarily gazed my way before refocusing on the road. 

"Good actually. Just finished our newest album. We go on tour  in three months and-"

"I asked how you've been Brian, not the band. If I wanted to know how they've been, I would have Googled them. Duh." I intercepted, looking out of the window at the barren beach.

Brian sighs, telling me that there was something about this conversation that he was trying to avoid. Sucks for you buddy, I'm gonna find out. 

"Well... I took your advice and dumped her. And at first I thought being single was the best thing ever. But now it's just so... lonely." he told me.

I bit my lip a little, trying not to think of how not-lonely I could make him. 

"How is it lonely if you could get tons of girls. Lord only knows how many are willing to be with you." I spoke, smirking at the thought of him being in his own car with one.

Brian laughed lightly, shaking his head, "I'm not one of those kinds of rockstars, Sydney. I like the thought of being in a stable relationship, with someone, someone that makes me happy if possible."

I sighed knowing that this conversation wasn't gaining anywhere and looked back out of the window. My brow line crinkle a little at what I saw. We had started off in the mid class side of Huntington, went through all of the rich people houses, for god knows what reason, but were now down town. Everything was dirty, but could still classify as beautiful in the early morning.

"Are we there yeeet?" I whined, sounding much like I would have when I was seven.

Brian chuckled again, "Yep. Get ready to meet Mama and Papa Gates." he said with a smirk.

I gaped at him, unable to comprehend what he just said. Papa Gates here I come!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if it kinda sucks lime green gulf balls :[ just really stressed lately.

Anyways, thanks to:
AlmostLovelyDisaster
KillJoyMama
Dezi Demize
koryelizabethh;

Thank you all for last chapters comments :) they all made my day, and I'm not gonna lie, there aren't trees in antartica :( but then I drew Penguina and Penguito. Ya that was a great story ^_^

I'll try to update more often, but no promises. Thanks for stickin with me guys xD I love each and every one of you peoples... On second thought, that sounds rather strange coming from a stranger... I but I do appreciate it :)