Status: new=] Keep or kill?

Teach the Heart to Live

Piper

Piper]/b]

“You know you aren’t as bad as I thought you would be,” I told Ryan with a grin and he laughed.

“Well thanks. I know Torin can kind of be a little hard to understand but-“

“I was talking about Rylan too.” He frowned for a moment, looking almost like he was pouting but really, Rylan had done far more to annoy me personally than Torin. Torin was just kind of an annoying but ignorable existence. Rylan unfortunately was constantly brought up with Jeremy.

“He’s a good guy. You just haven’t really seen much of that I guess. I don’t know what it is about Jeremy that just makes him so angry.”

“You think he likes him?” I asked. Really, I had told Jeremy I’d try to help him out with Rylan. I might as well go as close to the source as I could.

“I’m not really sure. It isn’t like Rylan to be so irritable so it’s crossed my mind. He doesn’t really do the whole ‘liking’ thing.” I laughed. I couldn’t help it. It was such an odd statement, considering we were all hormonal teenagers. Most people couldn’t decide which person they liked more, let alone not like anyone. I had to admit I had a little more respect for him. I had always just assumed he kept himself aloof because he was as conceited as his brother.

“Maybe Jeremy would do him some good then.” I felt my phone vibrate and I checked it only to see a text from Jeremy. I couldn’t help but sigh. Ryan was nice, and fun, and I really didn’t want to leave. “I have to go. I’ll see you around though, ok?”

“How about you see me tomorrow night? I could pick you up and we could go to dinner or something?” he asked with a small grin, hopeful.

“I can’t. I have work,” I said with an apologetically shrug. I’d never been more annoyed by my parents owning a restaurant more. Well I probably had but none of those times came to mind. “Tuesday I have off though, if you aren’t too busy.”

“Tuesday is good,” he agreed as we started to make our way to the door. I figured Jeremy would be there waiting and I only hoped Rylan hadn’t ditched him too harshly. I hadn’t even thought about it when Ryan and I had left earlier.

“I’m going to say he likes him,” Ryan said with a surprised laugh when we reached the living room. I frowned, confused until I saw Jeremy and Rylan sitting on the couch, or at least Rylan was. The other three cushions were taken up by various people so Jeremy was sitting on the couch arm, nearly on Rylan, as they both laughed.

“Well this is convenient. Though I don’t know why Jere sent me a text then.” I opened it up to check what it actually said and rolled my eyes when I saw a blank screen. I showed Ryan and he laughed with an easy shrug. Just then Jeremy looked up and caught my eye. He said something to Rylan before hopping up and helping the boy off the couch. Rylan looked rather disappointed as soon as Jeremy started towing him towards us, obliviously holding his hand.

“Hey Ryan. You’re ready?” Jeremy asked, surprised.

“You sent me a text so I assumed you were,” I explained, shrugging.

“Oh, I didn’t mean to. See you guys later then.” We both started towards the door, because it was already 2 and we really should be going home.

“I’ll see you Monday,” Rylan said quietly, looking almost shy as he smiled at Jeremy, who just nodded with a grin. Out of the corner of my eye I saw Ryan mutter something and Rylan punch him, still smiling. Maybe there was hope for him after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry this has taken me forever to get out! I completely forgot about this story (which I feel like happens a lot). Comments? Please? So I know if anyone is still reading this?

holly.is.awkward - it's ok! I was 16 senior year too (ora t least part of it). On the brightside of being a minor in college, well umm... I don't really know what we're gonna do but it'll be fun!