All for Helena

Chapter 10.

When we pulled apart, Helena was standing in the doorway, wide eyed. I giggled nervously, and Frank scratched his head.

“Oh my god! You two were kissing! Mommy, what about Daddy?” Helena said loudly. I sighed and exchanged glances with Frank. He nodded at me slowly and slid over. He patted the couch and motioned for Helena to come over.

“Come here Helena,” Frank said. “We have something to tell you, and we need to you be a big girl about it,” Frank told her. Helena sat on the couch looking at both of us.

“Helena, sweetie. Frank is your father,” I sighed. Helena’s eyes got super wide.

“What?” she asked. Frank nodded.

“You’re my dad!” Helena exclaimed, hugging Frank tightly. Frank laughed and hugged her back. I smiled at the sight before me. Helena seemed excited about the fact Frank was her dad.

“Mommy, why didn’t you tell me?” Helena asked.

“It was a surprise,” I shrugged. She giggled and hugged me too. Frank joined in the hug.

“Mommy, are you and Daddy going to get married?” Helena asked. I choked on my spit. Frank sighed and put Helena in his lap.

“Helena, can I talk with your mom alone?” Frank asked. She nodded and slid out of his lap and ran off.

“So....um....” Frank said.

“So...” I trailed off.

“Would you want to go out with me?” Frank asked quietly. I smiled and nodded.

“Course I would,” I smiled. He smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

“Awesome,” Frank said. I laughed a little.

“What’s so funny?” Frank asked.

“I don’t know,” I laughed. He started to laugh too. What we were laughing at, I have no idea.