All for Helena

Chapter 11.

I sighed and straightened out the headband in my hair. Helena was off at a friend’s for the night. I was cooking Dinner for Frank tonight, and Helena wouldn’t be back until noon tomorrow. I’m not saying Frank and I will have sex or anything, but if he stays late to talk, I have time to catch up on my sleep. Someone knocked on the door, and I ran to open it. I, however, opened it slowly. Frank was standing there with his hands behind his back.

“Hey Frank,” I smiled. He smiled at me.

“Hey Ryan,” he said. He took his hand from behind his back to show a dozen red roses. I smiled and took them from him. He kissed my cheek and walked in. We talked, ate some chicken, and then talked some more. We sat on the couch, and watched the news too. It seemed less like a date and more like the night of a married couple. Soon, we fell asleep

****

When I woke up, my head was resting on Frank’s chest, and he arm was around me. His head was resting on my mine. I mumbled something, and rubbed my eyes. Frank woke up slowly, looking at me.

“Morning,” I mumbled, looking at him. I sat up and stretched. He did the same.

“Nothing...happened, did it?” Frank asked slowly, and I shook my head. He nodded and stood up. He went for the kitchen.

“What are you doing?” I asked. He smiled at me.

“Making breakfast,” he said happily. I giggled. After Frank made breakfast, I got dressed in new clothes and brushed my hair. I looked at the clock. It was almost noon.

“I have to go, but I have to go to the bathroom first,” Frank said. He walked off to the closet and opened the door. I laughed.

“Across,” I said. He turned around and opened the bathroom door.

“I knew that,” he mumbled. I giggled as someone knocked on the door. I walked over and opened the door. Helena smiled and hugged my waist. Jane’s mother looked at me with an icy glare. I knew she was one of the less...nice about Helena people. She would silently judge me.

“Hello, Ryan,” she said in her snarky tone that reminded me of my mother. I smiled at her politely. Frank opened the bathroom door and walked over. He kissed my cheek.

“I’ll see you later Ryan,” he said, walking out into the hallway.

“Frankie!” Helena exclaimed, letting go of my waist to chase after Frank. He smiled and bent down to hug her.

“Are you staying?” she asked. Frank shook his head.

“I’ll be over later though,” he promised. Helena nodded and let go of him.

“Promise?” she asked.

“Promise,” Frank replied. “Now, I have to go, okay?” Frank asked. She nodded and walked into the apartment. She went into her room. Petra, Jane’s mom cleared her throat.

“If you don’t mind me saying, I don’t think it’s wise to let her get too attached to him. And what are you doing dating? Shouldn’t you be marrying Helena’s father?” she snapped. I was taken aback, but no one talks to me like that.

“Excuse me. First of all, he is Helena’s father, and I’ll date if I choose. Where do you get off telling me what I should do?” I snapped back, shutting the door in her face. I groaned and sighed. I just hope, Frank doesn’t let Helena down someday, she’ll be crushed, just like he did me.