All for Helena

Chapter 12.

“You’re what?!?!” Helena shouted. Frank frowned, and kneeled down to look at her.

“I have to go,” Frank said softly. “For work,” he added. Helena shook her head.

“No. You can’t,” she grumbled. Frank sighed.

“Helena, you know if I didn’t have to, I wouldn’t, but I have to,” he said. Helena looked at me.

“Mommy. Tell him he can’t go!” she commanded. I sighed.

“Frank’s a big boy Helena. I can’t stop him,” I whispered. Helena’s eyes teared up and she looked at Frank. She slapped him right across the face before running to her room. I laughed silently as Frank rubbed his face. He looked at me.

“You think this is funny?” he asked. I nodded.

“She’s an 8 year old girl, Frank. You can’t expect her to take this lightly. She’s very attached to you,” I said, sitting next to him on the floor. He sighed.

“What am I supposed to do then?” he asked. I shrugged and rested my head on his shoulder. He put his arm around me.

“I feel like such crap,” Frank mumbled into my hair.

“Don’t. She’s temperamental,” I said. “Runs in the family, but it skips a generation,” I sighed.

“I wish there was something I could do,” Frank said. “Wait, I can! I can take her with me!” Frank exclaimed.

“No. You can’t. She is my daughter, and she has school. She can’t go with you,” I said shortly. Frank let go of me and stood up.

“She’s my daughter too and she can take work with her!” he argued.

I jumped up. “You won’t have any time for her Frank. With sound checks, shows, signings....” I trailed off. Frank looked at me.

“You’re right. I’m sorry,” he whispered. He held his arms out. “Forgive me?” he asked. I nodded, and hugged him tightly.

“I understand completely. She is your daughter,” I whispered.

“What am I going to do?” he asked, sitting on a chair, and pulling me onto his lap. I shrugged.

“Have another one of those just you and her days. She really seemed to enjoy it,” I suggested. He nodded.

“How about tomorrow?” Frank asked.

“Should be okay,” I said. He smiled and kissed my cheek.

“Hey, Ryan. Before I leave, we should go out again,” he said. I smiled at him.

“I’d love that,” I said quietly. Just then, his phone rang. I stood up and walked to Helena’s room. She sounded like she was crying. Frank touched my shoulder.

“I have to go,” he mumbled. I nodded and gave him a hug. I love Frank, I’m sure of it this time around.