All for Helena

Chapter 16.

On Monday, Helena went to school, and I went to work. The usual. I gave Michelle back her car.

“So, what happened?” Michelle asked when I handed her the car keys. I sighed and shook my head.

“I don’t what to talk about it, ever,” I whispered. She nodded and looked at the paper on the desk in front of her.

“Can you stock the CDs we just got in?” Michelle asked. I nodded and went to the stock room, grabbing the boxes. I opened one and saw what band it was, and made my way to the right aisle. Back to my everyday, without Frank, life.

*******

When Helena got off the bus, she looked upset.

“Helena? What’s wrong?” I asked, opening the door to the apartment.

“I miss Frankie,” she sighed. I shook my head, and sat at the kitchen table. I pulled my phone out of my pocket and turned it on. I had eight voicemails. I hit talk.

Ryan. It’s Frank. I’m so sorry. I wasn’t thinking. I’m an ass...” That was the first message, and it went on and on. I think I should forgive him. He is Helena’s father and she loves him. I sighed.

“Mommy?” Helena said. I looked at her.

“What sweetie?” I asked. She smiled and handed me a box.

“Frank wanted to give this to you, and I took it. But it’s a secret,” she said. I took the box and she ran off. I rolled my eyes, but opened the box. Inside was.....