All for Helena

Chapter 1.

I woke up at 6:30 in the morning, like always. I got out of bed and got dressed. I put on a pair of jeans and a yellow T-shirt. I treaded silently to the kitchen where I started to make breakfast. I did the same thing everyday, but it’d got what needed to be done, done. So I’m not going to complain. I walked over to the pale blue refrigerator. I opened the door and pulled out the plastic carton of 1% milk and the half empty carton of eggs. I closed the door with my foot and placed them on the counter. I reached up into the cabinet and pulled down a red bowl. I pulled out the canister of Bisquick and began to make pancakes. Helena and I love starting our day with pancakes. Once the pancakes were ready, I went to go wake up Helena.

“Helena,” I whispered as the door creaked open. Helena was already up and dressed in her jeans and a black shirt with a kitty on it. She was brushing her hair when I walked in.

“ ‘Mornin’ Mommy,” Helena smiled. She put down her hairbrush and ran over to me. I picked her up and brought her into the kitchen.

“How long have you been up honey?” I asked. I put her down on the chair and went to the counter, to get her breakfast. She started to swing her legs and shrugged.

“Since forever,” she smiled. I placed the plate of cut pancakes with butter and syrup on front of her.

“Be careful not to make a mess, okay?” I asked, getting a larger portion for myself before joining her at the table. I ate in silence as she told me about her dream when she turned into a kitty. She smiled at me.

“Mommy, it’s time to go!” Helena exclaimed, looking at the digital clock on the oven. She jumped off of the chair and ran to her room to get her bookbag. I smiled and cleared the table. She came back outside.

“Come on!” she squealed. She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door. I grabbed my keys and soon, we were on our way to the bus stop. When the bus came, she looked at me.

“Remember, I’m going to Brianna’s sleepover, so I need my purple pajamas and my toothbrush, but not my sleeping bag,” she said. I nodded.

“I know. Now go,” I said, watching her get on the bus. When it drove away, I made my way back into my apartment. I sat down on the couch and sighed. I didn’t have to be to work for an hour. I got up and started to clean my dishes. Then, I just sat back down and watched the news.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are more than amazing. I can guarantee that if people comment, I update more often.

-Em