All for Helena

Chapter 19.

Just as Frank started to tell me the funny part, my phone began to ring. I held up my finger and picked it up.

“Hello?” I asked.

Hey Ryan, it’s Gerard.

“Oh, hey,” I said slowly. “What’s up?” I asked.

Have you seen Frank?

“Yea, he’s with me, actually,” I said, smiling a little. Frank mouthed the words, ‘who is it?’ and I mouthed ‘Gerard’. He nodded and laughed a little.

Oh. He is with you. I thought we left him at the last venue again.” Gerard sighed.

“Have you guys seriously done that?” I asked skeptically.

Yea. But it was an accident.” Frank held out his hand and I gave him the phone.

“Hey man,” Frank said. “No, I’ll be back with you guys tomorrow.” After another minute, Frank hung up and handed the phone back to me.

“So, what were you saying?” I asked. He gave me a confused look.

“Wah...” he trailed off. “Oh!” he exclaimed. “I was thinking about doing something this summer, maybe the most important thing I’ll ever do,” he said, smiling at me. I smiled at him.

“So, what is it?” I asked.

“And I can only do it if you help me,” he said.

What is it?” I asked, looking at Frank with expecting eyes. He reached into his pocket.

“I want to get married this summer..” he trailed off and held out a ring. “But only if you’ll marry me,” he finished. I looked at the ring in his hand to his smiling face. What would I say?