All for Helena

Chapter 20.

“Oh Frank....” I trailed off, looking at the ring in his hand. I gasped at it.

“Ryan....” Frank sang after a minute. I snapped from my trance and looked at Frank’s expecting face.

“Oh Frank....of course I will,” I smiled, trying to stay clam. Frank gently took my hand in his and slid the ring on my finger. He leaned across the table and kissed me.

“Are we going to tell Helena?” he asked. I laughed.

“I suppose we have to,” I said. He shrugged and made a face.

“I guess we do.” He and I laughed. We finished lunch and he walked me back to the store. We really started about how we were going to tell Helena, his parents, his band, and whether or not we should tell my family. Once I got back to the store, Frank and I parted ways so he could go pick up Helena.

“Remember, you can’t tell her yet!” I exclaimed. Frank laughed a little and kissed me.

“Don’t worry,” he said, “I won’t.” He smiled.

“Bye,” I smiled, hugging him. At that point, Michelle noticed us and dragged me back into the store.

“Hey Ryan, how was lunch?” she asked, leading me behind the counter. I smiled and turned to face her.

“I’m engaged!” I exclaimed, showing her the ring. She squealed and pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

“It’s a beautiful ring. Was it his grandmother’s?” she asked. I shrugged.

“Didn’t ask,” I sighed.

“Well, go. Get Helena, tell her the news!” she said, pushing me out the door. I smiled and ran off in the direct Frank walked like two minutes ago.