Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

Houston, We're Going To California.

Amelia hates planes, she hates them with a terrifying passion. She even hates the flying toy ones because they only cause noise and disruption. Currently, Amelia sits in her seat, her thighs sticking to the leather as it was extremely hot, even with the air conditioning on full blast.

She shifts every now and again, trying to get comfortable but failing. The nauseous feeling in her stomach came in waves, and it was now at a high as Amelia felt the strong urge to vomit.

“Are you okay Miss?” the hostess asks kindly, despite her false eyelashes, big brown doe eyes and red stained lips. Amelia smiles politely, feeling her face drain even more.

“I’m fine thanks.” she manages to squeak out, and clutches the armchair again, her knuckles turning white from pressure.

The hostess, believes her lie and trots away to the waving passenger opposite side of the plane. Amelia breathes in deeply, trying to calm herself down.

“Okay Mia, it’s just a plane…it’s just a plane.” she mutters to herself, closing her eyes and counting to ten, hoping that the psychology books hadn’t failed her.

Instead of counting to ten, Amelia was picturing what her new family was to be like. They were the whole reason Amelia was even on the mechanical contraption in the first place. She was moving from Houston, Texas, her home town where she was born and raised to the unfamiliar place called LA, California. A long journey way, for sure.

Amelia sighs, shifting again and squeezes her eyes shut, the pressure on the armchair increasing.

“Just relax, relax…” she thinks, chanting to herself mentally. There was only a few hours left, surely she could manage?

Blinking quickly, before regaining the posture she had before. Amelia sighs softly and tries to imagine her family again. Apparently she was getting siblings, Amelia is an only child, although she had yearned for a sibling companion when she was little. She was now unsure on how to take it.

This was her mother’s fault. Amelia’s mother was the reason she was on this plane, suffering in silence. Amelia’s mother was now somewhere, where Amelia imagines to be a place of hell. Amelia’s mother, Daphne, belongs there now.

Hoping sleep would take her, Amelia rested her head against the cool glass window, she, blindly, rummaged for her ipod which was on the empty seat next to her somewhere. She found it by touch and put the two earphones in her ears, she pressed the middle button, it was on shuffle and a song lulled her to sleep. The nausea was slowly fading away.

---
Departing from the plane was a godsend for Amelia, as she found her many bags and suitcase and victoriously went through customs. She knew what her foster parents looked like, as they had met about two weeks ago in court. They seem nice, Erin and Christopher Lowe.

Erin was a stay-at home mother, with no biological children of her own, due to the inability to conceive naturally. She longed for children and was happy to help anyone so it appeared.

Christopher, or Chris as Amelia was asked kindly to call him was a hard worker, with a 5 day a week job, but still managed to find the time to spend quality time with his wife and foster children. He was what you could say, a lean, cool dad.

In a way, Amelia was looking forward to spending time with them to get a taste of what a real family was all about, but deep down, she was homesick already and missed the Texan sun.

“Amelia! Amelia Fay!” a familiar voice called, Amelia found herself searching the crowd of busy bodies, for the voice. A petite Erin Lowe was jumping up and down, waving frantically and a huge smile on her face.

“Amelia!” she calls again, gaining attention from passing people. Amelia smiles slightly, as she headed in direction of the enthusiastic woman and the smiling man beside her. She had to admit, they were a good looking couple, it was shame they were unable to reproduce.

Erin has shoulder length, poker straight honey blonde hair, with layers in. Along with her light blue eyes and dazzling smile, not forgetting the slight dimple in her left cheek. She was surely one for admirers. The thing about Erin though, she was beautiful inside and out, so it made impossible for Amelia to hate her.

Christopher, was tall and well built, he obviously works out. With his sandy blonde hair and deep brown eyes and charming smile, with one crooked tooth that made him look even more charming, in Amelia’s opinion.

“Hi guys.” Amelia greets politely, giving a shy smile. She was normally quite out going, but she didn’t want to freak them out already. Erin and Christopher smile softly at her.

“Welcome to California, Amelia.” Erin says warmly, as Chris takes the overloading bags. Amelia was grateful for it, as her shoulders ached from the weight of her duffel bag.

“Good to be here.” Amelia says, half lying, half honest. She couldn’t make up her mind yet, she only just arrived.

“You’re going to love the kids, they can’t wait to meet you.” Erin brags happily, as she puts a gentle arm around Amelia’s tense shoulders. She forces herself to relax and pay attention to Erin’s eager conversation.

“Lucy and Omar, made cakes yesterday, just for you. I hope you like chocolate.” Erin continues, as they exit the, cool airport. Chris smiles lovingly at his wife, in which made Amelia smile. Even after so many years of marriage, a love like theirs was still possible.

“Calm down, honey. Let her breathe.” Chris jokes, making Amelia silently thank him and Erin playfully push him. As they came to a large SUV, Amelia jumps in the back, pulling the belt over her.

“You’re going to love California.” Erin says happily, as her husband starts the car. Amelia smiles, somewhat amused as Erin’s eagerness and bubbly personality.

“I hope so.” Amelia adds, and sighs, finally relaxing into the seat of the air conditioned car. Erin continued to talk, which Amelia listened to carefully. She had never felt so much love in a while, it was nice for a change.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have edited this already, as I read it over and I wasn't happy. I've changed the person and hopefully the tense, but I'm bad at changing tense half way through, so I'm sorry about that.
Hopefully, this is better.

New Story! :)
This was requested by: missNerd17 Thank you so much for giving me the idea, I have had help with adjustments and I hope I disappoint, I promise you it will get better.

And a huge input by ethereal - who I must give a lots of credit too, for helping me organize everything and simply helping me :) So Thank you, I hope you like this too.

Please comment and subscribe, it makes me so happy :)
I have a feeling, this story will be a good one! :D <3