Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

You're One Of My Stars Now

A month and half passed, not much could be said about Mia’s plan, as the simple fact is nothing acceptable for blackmail had come up. Mia hadn’t told anybody about her past yet, she hadn’t told anyone about Dee’s dirty little secret.

Mia wasn’t sure if Dee had actually ended it, but she knew she couldn’t say anything yet, not now. Amelia wasn’t really enjoying being popular, she hated having to keep up the ridiculous façade, she was sick of having to look up to ‘Dee’s standard’ fashion wise, it was costing her a fortune, Erin was getting suspicious as what the money was for.

Mia’s relationship with her foster parents and siblings had got much more comfortable, Amelia even felt…like she belonged. She could talk to Erin about her secretive past whenever people weren’t around freely, about how she never had a Mom like Erin. Erin ended up in tears all the and told Amelia how brave she was for going through it. Chris and Mia weren’t especially close, but Amelia had never had a father, so it was nice to still have a bond with him.

As for Peter, Lucy and Omar, Amelia loved being around them, their addictive energy of just wanting to be with them. Peter was adorable and often came out with quirky things that made Amelia feel loved, Lucy constantly complimented Mia telling her how pretty she was and how she was her favourite sister, even though Mia corrected her and said she was her only ‘sister’. Lucy didn’t care, Amelia was her favourite sister still. As for Omar, well it wasn’t a big improvement but he occasionally spoke, it was odd what he spoke about, it usually nothing to what the rest were talking about, and he had a thing about things being in order, but Amelia admired him in a way, he was so intelligent, by just seeing the way he did things and the way he held himself was fascinating to her.

Zack and Amelia had somehow maintained a somewhat close bond, despite being in different social circles now, Zack and Mia still had their private time in the hammock and talked to each other about things that they never usually talked about. Amelia loved that, and she had to admit, soon she’ll tell Zack why she was even in LA.

Just not yet.

Austin Blake, Amelia’s crush that wasn’t going anywhere. Amelia talked to Austin every day, sometimes secret at school but generally at home, on the phone, on the internet, texting and Austin came over most times, Mia’s cover story to Dee was Austin was there for Zack.

Amelia was becoming extremely attracted to Austin, and she knew that they wouldn’t be able to go out, due to Dee’s rules. So she hoped that her infatuation would fade….soon.

---

Zack and Austin were hanging out, it was a Saturday lunchtime, Austin had just been awoken rudely by Zack, who seemed to be on a mission. Amelia was being whisked away to Dee’s house today for some beauty therapy, Austin knew that she didn’t need beauty therapy, she was beautiful enough but she had to keep up appearances, besides Austin hadn’t had guy time with Zack, and just Zack alone without the other goons in a long time.

However, he still hated being woken up, especially by ice cold water. Zack and Austin were on their way to somewhere, in which Austin didn’t really know. But Zack said it was important that they hurried up.

“Dude, I’m hungry!” Austin whined, as Zack pulled into parking lot.

“We’ll go get some food in a minute.” Zack said, as he turned the engine off, and jumped out, Austin copying. Zack was excited, he was excited for what he was about to do. Austin however was infuriated as he didn’t know.

As they walked down the street, passing some odd boutique shops. They were near the rougher side of LA, the side full of drugs and alcohol. Zack joked it was his favourite side, despite him never having touched drugs, but he couldn’t deny about the alcohol. Erin had enough times of having to help him to bed as he was that drunk.

After feeding Austin quickly, Zack dragged him to where he wanted to go.

“Zack, you serious?” Austin asked in disbelief. He had been here several times, not for himself, but for Zack and Tommy, and his other friends.

Tattoo Palace, the tattooist parlour where Zack and friends all had their tattoos done at discount for jobs they had done for Bernie, the owner in the past. Zack was back here again.

“It’s not what you think…exactly. Just c’mon. Bernie said he could fit me in.” Zack said, pulling Austin in. The smell of disinfectant was strong within the place, but thy were use to it. It was so clean, just as Bernie made it to be.

“Zack Attack! Blakey Boy!” The gruff, deep, voice of Bernie Howard was heard. He was a chain smoker, had a 40 tattoos all over him, loved his job and believed he was cool, which he was. This was Bernie Howard. A exceptional tattooist, that takes great pride in his job.

“Bernie!” Zack said happily, greeting him with a manly hug, and Austin did the same.

“Long time no speaks dudes, where’ve you been?” Bernie asked animatedly. Austin smiled guiltily, they hadn’t spoke to Bernie in a long time.

“Yeah, school’s been…hell.” Zack said and Bernie nodded, not really remembering what it was like to be in high school.

“Word on the street is, you have a new sister Zack?” Bernie asked, remembering hearing the latest of the Lowe family from Zack’s friends that came in to the parlour.

“Yep, Mia…she’s become popular over here. She’s from Texas.” Zack said, somewhat proudly. He glanced at his arch of star tattoos on his wrist, he had planned this for a few weeks now….he had decided to add a star, at the front as it was the only way it would look right and also, it showed how important it was. He was having another star put in, a slightly larger one, at the front, and it was having it blacked out also, just like the others…he was officially added Amelia to the family.

Zack explained to Bernie and Austin couldn’t help but smile when he heard what Zack was saying. Austin knew Zack loved his new sister, and Mia was in a way, Zack’s girl best friend. Bernie went through all the procedures, showing Zack his references despite Zack having had it done before, multiple times. Bernie washed his hands and got everything ready, everything was sterilized perfectly and Zack felt fine about it.
Zack was only 17, but he had parental permission from Erin, the only one who knew about Zack’s addition to his tattoos. She had called Bernie earlier and said Zack was allowed this tattoo.

“You ready?” Bernie asked, and Austin took a seat in the observing seat, and Zack laid on the chair, lying his arm flat, facing upwards. As Bernie prepared everything, Austin felt himself spacing out…thinking of the whole reason Zack was getting an extra star…

Amelia.

Austin couldn’t deny it any longer, he had a huge crush on Mia and every day whenever they spoke, he simply felt better. About a week ago, he told Zack who wasn’t exactly happy, but he accepted it and was now encouraging Austin to pursue his newest sister, yet they both knew the real reason Austin wasn’t asking Mia out.

The Social System.

It wasn’t allowed, and Mia would be degraded, and they couldn’t afford that to happen, not now when the plan was half way through. Austin’s feelings for Mia were beyond true, he liked, maybe even loved everything about her. The way she smiled, they way that without any effort, she looked amazing, how brave she was for doing this, he admired it all.

“So Austin, who’s your latest fling?” Bernie asked suddenly, bringing Austin out of his day dream, as Bernie began to ink Zack’s skin. Zack winced slightly but then relaxed, he was use to this…he didn’t care.

Austin wasn’t that much of a player, he’s had several girlfriends, that never really meant much, but he’ll confess, he has had a few one night stands, but his playing days were by far over, thanks to Mia.

“Nah Bernie, he’s got his eyes on Mia…” Zack said, smirking as Austin glared at him. Bernie coughed, due to smoking for almost 20 years straight. He wheezed slightly before he composed himself.

“Aha, how’s that working out for you?” Bernie teased, staring a new point of the star.

“Not good, she’s in Dee’s group, so I have no chance.” Austin said sadly, Bernie knew of this social system and he thought it was ludicrous.

“So?” Bernie asked, he never understood why teens made these rules up.

“He’d get beat down…” Zack said tiredly, as he had explained this all before. Austin sighed dramatically.

“Austin, you’re a tough guy you could take them…” Bernie encouraged. Austin rolled his eyes,

“It’s harder than that Bern, I’ll get officially banned from everything…I won’t be able to hang out with Zack or anything. It’s so much more complicated then that.” Austin said sadly.

Bernie rolled his eyes this time, and continued to work on Zack’s latest update.

“You know something guys?” Bernie said, an good two and half hours later when he had finished. Austin who had been counting the number of tiles on the floor, looked up, lost count and would never be bothered to count as many as he did again. Shame.

“What’s that?” Zack asked, admiring his newest edition, it looked awesome, as Bernie had done an amazing job, as usual. Bernie applied a bandage, and Zack winced slightly, he made be okay with pain, but it still hurt.

“If you’re going to waste your life, worrying about what some kids would do to you for asking a girl, you obviously really like. Then Austin, Zack…you’re now the guys I thought you were.” Bernie said in a philosophical tone. Taking his gloves off…

Zack shared glances with Austin and Bernie and smiled slightly, Bernie was just awesome.

Enough said.

Austin was shocked, but pleased at the same time, feeling encouraged.

“Life’s short Austin, just ask the damn girl out. You’ll always be wondering ‘what if?’ if you don’t…” Bernie, cleverly advised. Austin smiled slightly, still thinking deeply.

“Let’s go pay up…” Bernie said suddenly, closing the subject, getting up, and walking out of the room. Zack followed, Austin behind. Zack paid for the tattoo, thanking Bernie and Austin thanked him too, both of them knowing why.

Austin was going to ask Amelia on a date, enough of listening to what Dee ordered, if he wanted to date possibly the most amazing girl ever, then like Bernie said, he wasn’t going to waste it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, let's start off with a huge SORRY for not updating quicker, I've been so hassled with school and so tired all the time. Also, I completely lost ideas for it...but I think I've got more coming up.

However, if you have some ideas which will fit in with the story...then feel free to message me, I might use it, and I'll give you tons of credit obviously.

Another huge apology for this crappy chapter, it's awful I know but if I didn't update now, I wouldn't have updated at all. I'll admit, my updates will slow down now because I've just been given tons of revision and coursework to do in so many weeks, but never fear....I shall keep updating, just slower.

Thank you to all who subscribed and commented, you are all amazing and I appreciate it so much, I love writing and it's nice to see people talking about. So thank you <3
Please keep commenting and subscribing <3

Sorry for this long authors note also.. :D
Peace! xx