Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

Racing Hearts

“No, freaking way!” Mia squealed excitedly as she saw the sign.

Go-Kart Track

Austin grinned widely. “You like?” he asked, it was the following Saturday, Mia hadn’t told anybody of her date, besides Zack, but other than that, no one else knew.

“I’ve never been on a go-kart before!” Mia shrieked happily, as they stared at the entrance, it was empty, the place looked abandoned, but Mia didn’t care, to her, this was better than a movie.

“Come on….I know the owner…” Austin said, and took Mia’s hand, not that she minded and let her into the abandoned track. The track smelled of dust.

“It’s huge!” Mia commented at the large race track, then out of nowhere, a loud, crackly voice, most likely from years of smoking, called out Austin’s surname.

“Blake!” the voice called and Mia faced in the direction where the voice was coming from seeing a chubby man, with a bushy beard and a bald head, not the best look in Mia’s opinion.

“Jamal, my man!” Austin called back, grinning widely, his grip on Mia’s hand had tightened slightly.

“This your girl?” the man called ‘Jamal’ asked bluntly, as he waddled over, a cigarette in his hand. Mia noticed some tattoos on his hand also.

“Um, my date. Mia, this is Jamal, he owns the race track.” Austin introduced, smiling shyly. Jamal smirked widely.

“She’s a pretty thing…nice to meet you Mia.” Jamal introduced, holding out a rather dirty hand, but Mia wasn’t to be prejudice, and shook it…warily.

“Nice to meet you too Jamal.” Mia replied shyly, immediately retracting her hand. Jamal gave a toothy grin, revealing some well yellowed teeth.

“So, go karting? Ever done it before?” Jamal asked, as Austin and Mia walked beside him as they walked to somewhere that Mia had no idea about.

“Nope, but I’m really excited.” Mia said eagerly. Jamal smiled.

“Good, we’ll just need to sign some stuff and everything, then we’ll get you geared up. Austin, go get the helmets and keys off my desk.” Jamal ordered, as they entered a somewhat garage look-a-like. Mia was given papers, which she filled in quickly and handed back to Jamal.

“You ready?” Austin asked eagerly, as Mia smiled at his return. Handing her a red helmet, Mia took it, unaware of how heavy it actually was. She grimaced slightly.

“Okay, off we go. Austin, I’m giving Mia Jessie, you can have Barnaby” Jamal said, leaving Mia confused.

“You named the carts?” Mia asked, and Jamal smiled, nodding.

“Indeed, they’re family.” He said, slightly sarcastic but Mia smiled anyway. The go karts where bigger than Mia realized, these were toy ones. They were the real deal and suddenly, Mia was nervous.

“What if I crash?” she asked Austin and Jamal.

“I’m not held responsible for it, it says on the contract. So if you die…well, I’m good.” Jamal teased but Mia didn’t find it amusing and Austin noticed.

“Jamal.” Austin scolded.

“Babe, you’ll be fine. Stop worrying….I’ll teach you.” Austin reassured Mia, placing a warm hand on her cool arm.

Mia nodded, and soon Jamal was strapping her into ’Jessie’, a red go kart. The engines were loud but the adrenaline was soon pumping.

“You’ve got an a few hours, have fun and Mia, don’t woop Austin’s ass too much!” Jamal shouted over the engine noises. Austin revved in response where as Mia giggled, although it was unheard.

“On your marks….get set….GO!” Jamal shouted and a green light was shown as they were at the starting line. Within seconds, Austin sped off. Mia panicked and pressed firmly on the gas pedal, wanting to suddenly win.

The sound of the engine whining as Mia got faster and faster, the wind rushing past her and the air been taken out of her. It was beyond exhilarating.

Austin smiled underneath his helmet, as Mia whizzed by him. A loud, shriek of laughter was just heard underneath the noise of engines.

He was going to let her win….but he wasn’t going to not try.

They both had fun whizzing around, racing against each other, getting more and more competitive. Amelia was very pleased with herself, as she didn’t crash once. She stalled twice but still…

“HA! I won, I won, I won….” Mia chanted happily, as she got out her go-kart and continued to rub the fact that she won in Austin’s smiling face.

Mia took off her helmet properly and shook out her brunette curls, grinning widely with pride.

“Better luck next time, sonny.” Mia teased. Austin raised an eyebrow, smirking.

“Sonny?” he joked and Mia giggles, too giddy to care of her error.

Austin out his go-kart, taking his own helmet off properly too. Jamal waddled onto the track and smiled widely at the couple.

“Well, well….Austin, you’re losing your touch and Mia, my dear…you’re my new idol!” Jamal teased and Austin grinned, uncaring he lost, the smile on Mia’s face was worth it.

“Whatever, the sun was in my eyes.” Austin teased, making Mia laugh more.

“Kids, I ordered some pizza for you, you can eat on the track if you want….I’m leaving the office for a while, got to pick up the wife’s dry cleaning. Austin, lock up for me?” Jamal said, Mia thanked Jamal for allowing them on the track and said goodbye, where as Austin merely nodded, knowing Jamal would want to know details another day.

Within the hours, Austin and Mia were sitting in the middle of a go-kart track, sitting on an old blanket Austin found in the garage, with a steaming hot, pepperoni pizza. Mia sat crossed legged, awaiting her serving. She was grateful she chose to wear her shorts again. She had been dressing so fancy lately, it was nice to just relax and be herself again. Be the Mia she wants and needs to be.

“So, what you think so far?” Austin asked as he took a generous bite o his pizza, and Mia nibbled at her own. The melted cheese burning her tongue slightly.

“It’s good.” Mia said, commenting on the delicious pizza. Austin chuckled lowly.

“No, I mean the date in a whole…” Austin said, smiling and thinking how adorable she looked right now. She looked like the Mia he first met, the one he started to originally like.

“Better than I expected…” Amelia admitted, blushing slightly.

“Good, good…” Austin said, smiling proudly.

“Tell me then, what’s your favourite ice cream flavour in the whole entire world?” Austin asked and Mia grinned.

“Mint Chocolate hands down!” Mia replied quickly, she didn’t need to think about it. Austin smiled wider “Snap.” he said.

Mia smiled, approvingly. “Good choice, what about music genre?” Mia asked, enjoying their little game.

“Alternative/Rock.” Austin replied instantly.

“Snap.” Mia mocked, although it was true. They had the same taste again. The continue their game, from music artists, food, films, TV shows, celebrities, school subjects, places in LA/Texas. They just talked and Mia never felt so relaxed with a boy other than Zack, but that didn’t really count. Zack was family now.

Mia felt like she could confess everything to Austin, about her neglecting mother, her mother’s drug habits, her absent father and her constant want or normality. Mia wanted to tell him she was beginning to regret doing what she was doing, she wanted to confess that she wanted to forget about it all and just be with him. Because, he was completely worth dropping everything for.

He was making her laugh, hysterical laughter. He was making her think about things, he was making her heart jump whenever he touched her. He was making her think of how much she wanted him to kiss her.

After what seemed a lifetime of being together, Austin offered to go drive around to find some ice cream, so after locking that’s exactly what they did. Austin drove to the nearest café which sold mint chocolate ice cream. He ordered two scoops, and Mia ate hers in no hurry. She didn’t want to quicken the time, knowing that soon her perfect date would be over.

As they exited the café, Austin suddenly grabbing her cool hand again, interlocking their fingers, Mia didn’t mind this. They walked to the car in a comfortable silence. When they reached the car, Mia was about to open the door when Austin stopped her, grabbing her other hand.

“Can I just say, that today has been amazing and I’ve really enjoyed myself and I do really like you, I think you’re an incredible girl…” Austin began, wanting to get it all out.

But he was suddenly cut off.

“Just kiss me.” Mia blurted out, that incurable disease of speaking before thinking appeared, viciously. Austin blinked, shocked when he suddenly grinned, leaning forward, sliding his hands around her hips. His warmth joining with hers as he brought closer, he had done this many times before but it felt so different with Mia. His skin was tingling as he brought closer, their noses almost touching. He leaned forward ever so slightly, allowing Mia to close the gap. Which she did.

Their lips met, instantaneously melting together, the whole shebang of fireworks and chemistry sparks. Their hearts pacing as they kissed, suddenly getting deeper, the warmth spreading further and further within them. Their mouths gaped slightly, both allowing entrance. Their tongues exploring hungrily, yet slowly.

She tasted of mint.
He tasted of mint too.

The kiss was something that really can’t be described properly, it was a kiss that only Mia and Austin could share, and would know about. As they slowly, hesitantly parted. Austin quickly pecking her soft lips again. Their smiles mirroring. S

“Wow.” she breathed softly. Their breathing was shallow but their hearts were jumping with joy.

“Yeah, wow.” Austin said quietly, his brain frazzled. He couldn’t think straight. His head spinning, his chest tightening as he held Mia close to him. They didn’t let go, not yet.

It wasn’t till they both knew they had to let go because reality would soon be catching up with them.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there :)

Sorry for the delay again, I've been busy with school ectt...
Anyways, I like this one, well the end. It's cute :)

What you think, comments are really appreciated.
A huge fabulous thank you to all who commeted and read/subscribed. You're fantastic! :D
Yeah, so comment/subscribe! <3