Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

You're Never Gonna Be Alone

“Hey Nade, how you doing?” Lilly said quietly as they entered the serene room, it was white, everything was white, and it smelled clean. They were currently in East Side Rehabilitation Centre, or ESRC as it’s commonly called, it covers a variety of addictions, disorders, OCD, mental illness, anything really that effects the human behaviour. Nadia had been admitted last night before midnight, her father apparently knew people and got her in straight away.

Nadia looked even worse if it was possible, her coffee skin seemed a lighter colour, her eyes still dull and her hair scraped back without an ounce of makeup, which was very unlike her. She looked sick, which she was. Her obsession with being thin has made her literally sick and mentally. Mia hoped she would get better and soon. These things couldn’t be rushed though.

“Guys, you came.” she said tiredly, smiling weakly. She looked so tired, as she laid on top of the bed, in pale pink silk pyjamas.

“Of course we did babe, we’re your friends.” Lilly reassured her, sitting on the chair provided.

“Hey Nadia.” Dave greeted, handing her the flowers picked out, white orchids, her favourite flower.

“Aw Dave, thank you….” Nadia replied, sitting up and taking the flowers, sniffing them gently, even when she was in his circumstance, she looked like a Hollywood actress in a movie, thought Mia. Except, this was reality. And this wasn’t a movie.

“I didn’t know what to get you….but I got you this.” Jake said shyly, handing Nadia the photo frame, it was a picture of all seven of them, Mia had luckily been included. It was taken when Mia first moved and they visited the beach, it was a good photo, all four girls looked like models, and all three boys looked like Greek gods. It was perfect photo. All smiling, Nadia was caught in laughter, Lilly was covering her mouth to muffle her snort, and Dee was smiling secretively, as Dave wasn’t even looking at the camera, instead kissing her cheek, smiling, Tony had his tanned, strong arm wrapped around Nadia, who even there looked fragile. Lilly was on Jake’s back, smiling like no tomorrow, her blonde hair splashed out in waves.

Nadia’s stunning brown eyes brimmed with tears, slowly falling, she covered her mouth to silence her cry of happiness.

“I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to-” Jake said suddenly, panicked, he couldn’t stand girls crying. Even when Lilly cried, he freaked.

“It’s fine, just….I wish I could take it all back. I wish I wasn’t like this.” Nadia said regretfully. Mia noticed she was about to cry again and patted Nadia cool hand.

“It’s okay Nade, we’re here for you. In fact….” Mia said, smiling as Dee appeared at the door way, with a huge card that Jake, Dave, Lilly and Mia had all got signed by all 1000 students that attended East Side High, and also the teachers.

“What is that!” Nadia laughed slightly, wiping her eyes as the giant envelope stood before her.

“This is to show that we are not the only ones here to support you through this.” Dee said, rather arrogantly but they all let it go. With help from Dave, Dee opened the envelope and showed the fantastic design that Dave had done. He had draw a huge pattern of flowers, hearts and branching off one each flower was a letter of Nadia’s name. It looked incredible, with the fancy, calligraphy at the bottom reading.

“Get well soon!”

“That is so sweet.” Nadia gushed, as Dee opened the car, and revealed about 1000 small, cursive messages from all different students from the school.

“Nadia, I hope you get well soon, you were and still are amazingly beautiful, come back to us soon, Love Kelsey, Junior in the Geek Section.” Dee read aloud.

“Dear Nadia, heard you weren’t doing so well, hope you make a fighting recovery, Danny, Sophomore, Football Player.” Dave read.

“Nadia, we miss you, we love you, Brittany, senior, cheerleader.” Lilly read out.

“Nadia Costello; beautiful, smart, funny and sweet, so this person needs to come back. . George, junior, emo.” Jake read at loud, this made Nadia feel guilty, knowing Dee‘s wishes, she probably was cruel to George, but she vowed to thank him.

“Costello, I need my Spanish bonita chica back pronto, Love Zeke, Spanish Exchange Student, Senior.” Mia read, with the perfect accent. Nadia giggled, Zeke was so sweet to her.

“See, all these people care about you….we all do. So we need you to get better.” Lilly said determinedly. Nadia smiled slightly, her confidence growing.

“I promise I’ll try.” Nadia said, and it gave everyone a smile. Dee’s smile faltered when Nadia’s eyes fell on her.

“Hey Dee?” she said softly, patting the empty space beside her. Dee neared closer, and sat down, giving an encouraging smile.

“Yeah sweetie?” Dee replied, falsely bright.

“Where’s Tony?” Nadia whispered sadly, and Dee’s smile faltered even more. Dee was speechless, completely unprepared.

“He’s coming another day Nadia, it’s been rough for him. Don’t worry about it.” Mia interrupted, reassuring the fragile, delicate girl. Dee almost sighed with relief, as Nadia accepted the bullshit that fed from Mia’s mouth.

“I’m going to go get some water for the flowers.” Mia said, nudging Dee to come along and with anyone noticing, Dee followed. They walked side by side, dodging the nurses that went past.

“What Mia?” Dee snapped irritably, this place gave her the creeps.

“I know about you and Tony…today, in the classroom.” Mia stated bluntly, as they walked further and further away from Nadia’s room.

Dee’s face froze for a millisecond, but it was that millisecond that gave it away.
“I have no idea what you’re talking about Amelia.” Dee snapped, crossing her arms, looking at her nails in a nonchalant fashion.

“Yes you do. You kissed him….you kissed Tony Dee. You kissed your best friend’s boyfriend, you confessed your love for him!” Mia argued hysterically, her head was thumping as a headache came on.

Dee scoffed. “Don’t be so ridiculous.” Dee stated, but the lie was obvious in her pale blue eyes.

“I can’t believe you, you said you ended it!” Mia snapped furiously.

“I had!” Dee argued back.
“Oh, so making out with him was saying goodbye?” Mia replied sarcastically, as they reached the vending machine they had passed on their way in. Mia put some coins in and pressed the button for a bottle of water to come out.

As Mia crouched down to get the water, then stood back up, she was suddenly grabbed by the arm and pushed against the wall beside the vending machine.

“Look, listen here Fay. I’ve worked too hard and long to keep my reputation, I’m sick of being seen as the bad guy here. Tony was the one who fucked me in the first place, I was drunk the first time. So what? I have feelings for him and I don’t want to lose him….I’m not going to let you ruin it for me.” Dee snapped furiously, anger clear in her eyes.

Mia was shocked to say the least, and found herself nodding just to get out of her grasp, which was sure to leave a mark.

“Good.” she said bitterly, before turning away, her hips swaying and every male’s eyes within a mile radius was on her.

“That’s it, no more Miss Nice Amelia Fay, Deanna….you deserve everything you get!” Mia snapped furiously to herself, ignoring the wary looks as she slapped the wall behind her. As Mia went back to the room, smiling falsely at everyone she couldn’t help but glare at Dee any change she could get as she comforted Nadia.

---

“Mia. Mia….quick, come here!” Omar shouted from upstairs. Mia was babysitting Lucy and Omar, as Peter had been taken to the doctors because his cold had worsened. Zack and Austin had gone somewhere for the afternoon, Mia thought it to be gym but she couldn’t be sure as she wasn’t really listening as Zack and Austin told her where they were going. This left Mia to babysit, while studying.

“What’s wrong Omar?” Mia called, not taking her eye off the Biology book she was currently reading.

“COME HERE!” he shouted again, Mia sighed tiredly and got up, trailing upstairs. She was glad she felt comfortable around Austin as she dressed in casual grey sweats, a black tank top an a denim top left undone over the top.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong?” Mia asked, as she walked up. She checked in on Lucy, who was playing on Zack’s laptop on some Barbie website.

“You okay babe?” Mia asked, from the door way. Lucy turned around, nodding tiredly.

“Maybe you should have a nap…” Mia said, going into the room. Lucy nodded, yawning for effect. Lucy closed the page, and shuffled over to her bed. As she climbed in, Mia tucked her in.

“I’ll wake you up later Luce.” Mia murmured, kissing her little sister’s head as her eyes fluttered shut. Mia turned the laptop off, taking it out with her. She would need it for later.

Placing the laptop in her room, Mia heard feet come into her room.

“Mia, hurry up!” Omar said impatiently, frowning slightly. He recently had his hair cut again, buzzed short. It suited him, and somehow he looked older.

“I’m coming, I’m coming…” Mia said, as she followed Omar into his bedroom. It was a mess, surprisingly as Omar was a definite one for cleanliness. He had been drawing all day, as Mia stepped in….

Omar did something remarkable, he smiled. Sure he had smiled at her before but this was a special smile, a smile which no one else could give her not even Austin, not even Zack, her best friend. Not even Erin, or her biological mother.

No this smile was something to behold as it sparked something between the two, it was something which would hopefully not be broken.

Trust.

“What’s wrong Omar?” Mia asked gently, closing the door behind them as Omar hated the door open when people were in his room.

“I made you something….it’s…it’s a butterfly Mia!” Omar said, ruining the surprise but Mia didn’t care as she walked round to face the easel, and saw the lovely drawn butterfly, Omar was truly talented even at 10 years old. The butterfly was drawn well, with lots of different patterns and colours and none were out of the lines, it was incredible.

“Oh Omar, this is wonderful. I love it!” Mia urged, happily, covering her mouth shocked. Her heart swelling at the lovely, friendly gesture he had done.

“Do you really like it?” Omar asked worriedly.

“I love it Omar, thank you!” Mia said brightly, crouching down and hugging his small body.

“You’ll hang it up yeah?” Omar asked hopefully.

“Of course I will” Mia replied happily. Omar grinned widely.

“Good…is Lulu asleep?” Omar asked, using one of the many nicknames of Lucy, Mia nodded and Omar smiled.

“I love my Lucy.” Omar told me, as he handed me the canvas. I smile as I take it.

“I love Lucy too.” Mia said as she headed for the door.

“Mia….I love….you too.” Omar said slowly, as it seemed difficult for him. Mia froze completely. Omar had never said that to her before. She spun around slowly, giving a warm, huge smile.

“I love you too Omar.” Mia said softly, and Omar instantly smile, giving that special smile again and Mia left the room, feeling content to have such a lovely family.

She wouldn’t ever be alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys! :)
Me again, thanks for all your support and I hope this chapter is good enough for you...I'm still trying to process ideas for this, so I need to brainstorm. This chapter is bad, as I had major writer's block and it was bad...and I wasted time...yeah so. Apologies :)

But please keep reading, and commenting and thank you so much, I'm sure you all know by now how much it means! :)
You're all awesome, well....I'll try update over the weekend, a better one :)
Have a good weekend everyone! :D <3