Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

Planning The Future;

Two months flew by, two months and Mia’s college aspects looked weak. Mia hadn’t done very well before she moved in with the Lowe family. Now, she was a straight A student, miraculously. With everything that had been happening lately, it was no wonder Mia was no distracted, with Nadia’s tragic death and her friends suddenly leaving for summer.
Amelia was proud of herself though, as were Erin and Chris. Zack had chosen community college a long time ago, way before his senior year. He had no true aspirations; he was quite happy where he was. As for Mia, she was still undecided, she had been accepted in three varied schools, two away and one was community college, she had no idea where to go. It was one more month before school started again, and Mia was petrified of the thought. Zack tried coaching Mia into joining him, whereas Erin and Chris wanted their foster daughter to excel successfully, as for the rest of the family who had snuck their way into the family meeting that day, were mortified.

“Mia is not allowed to go!” Lucy ordered, the mere thought of her dear sister leaving was denied instantly. Omar agreed.
“Mia, stay!” Omar begged, tears glistening in his eyes. Lucy did the same, and Peter just wanted an excuse to cry. All three of the younger children were now bawling. Chris, taking sudden authority, ordered a calm silence.
“Amelia, you’ve been accepted to Princeton, ESSC, and Community College…where would you like to go?” Chris asked her calmly. Mia sighed, running her hands through her hair, feeling the pain coming through. Headaches were the worse.

“Join me sis” Zack teased.
“Stay! Stay!” Omar and Lucy chanted, and Peter cried in spirit.
“Ugh!” Mia screamed frustrated, and ran upstairs, slamming her bedroom door shut. Collapsing on her bed, she screamed into the pillow. Her headache worsened.
“Why is this so hard!” she screamed, punching the pillows, grateful for their softness.
Instantly, her phone bleeped, as if it had the answer. It was only Austin though, asking if Mia wanted to join him for a walk, well drive. It was like a sign, Mia took it and replied asking him to pick her up now.
--
“So you going to torture yourself silently or you going to tell me what’s wrong Mia?” Austin asked, breaking the silence. Mia shifted uncomfortably, and bit her thumbnail for what must have been the millionth time.
“Mia, talk to me babe.” Austin urged, knowing something was troubling her.

“I don’t know what college to pick, I feel pressured from everyone! I want to do well, but I don’t want to leave! I’m just so damn confused!” Mia blurted out angrily, gripping the car seat.

Austin didn’t take offence to her tone, instead looked at her troubled face, her lip quivering and she was close to tears.
Austin sighed softly, and motioned her to come close, she did as he motioned, and leaned her head against his shoulder, feeling his war embrace, as he used his other hand on the steering wheel.

“Mia, where do you want to go?” he asked calmly, quietly also. Mia didn’t reply, and continued to bite her thumbnail.
“Wherever you go, you’ll succeed. No matter where you go, you’ll always have your family, so choose a place where you want to go. Stop trying to please everyone else.” Austin told her firmly. Mia realized he was right, and sighed closing her eyes.
“I want to stay with you.” She admitted honestly, nuzzling his shoulder, breathing in his addictive, manly scent. Austin was quiet, not wanting Mia to choose based on him.

“It doesn’t matter where you go Mia, until you tell me to go. I’ll be here.” He told her, and kissed her hair, enjoying the intimate closeness. Mia nodded gently, and they continued to drive in silence. They weren’t going anywhere in particular, but Mia enjoyed the ride, merely because she felt freedom at last. Within an hour, her mind was put at rest and Mia had a confident answer. When she returned to the family home, Erin, Chris, Zack all seated in the living room, watching some crappy reality show, while the younger ones were playing upstairs quietly.

“Hey.” She muttered to them, as she dropped her house key in the little dish near the front of the house and walked further in. She sat on the spare armchair, and looked at her foster family. They were trying not to make it obvious, but secretly they were dying to know.

“I want to go to community; I want to stay here with you guys and Austin. I’m happy here.” She said softly, knowing that when she saw Erin’s smiling face, Christopher’s approval nod, and Zack’s cheeky grin. She had made the right choice, that and the lovely warm feeling in her stomach that these people were her true family. No amount of biology could change that.

That night, they did a quiet celebration involving pizza and Dr Pepper. Omar, Lucy were overjoyed by the fact that Mia was staying, and Peter seemed to approve also. As they sat around the table, chatting and laughing like a happy family. Mia smiled contently, wondering where these adorable, lovely, sweet-loving people had been all her life.
--
“Amelia! Zack! FIRST DAY AT COLLEGE!” screamed Lucy excitedly, running into Mia’s room, on the 7th September, which was in fact the first day at East Side Community College. Mia had chosen the major of English Literature. She didn’t know exactly what she wanted to do yet, but she did enjoy English. Zack had chosen Phycology; he was excited to start a new subject completely. Austin was luckily, also going to Community, much to both Mia’s and Zack’s relief. Lilly had been graciously accepted into Princeton, along with Jake, Dee was attending West Side University, and Tony was staying in East Side, gaining an apprenticeship at a local garage, as for Austin and Zack’s other friends, they had all gone their own respectful ways.

“Mia! Get up, you’ll be late!” Lucy shouted again, and then jumped on Mia’s sleeping form.
“Ugh! Lucy!” Mia whined, pulling the covers over her head. Lucy began to bounce up and down, chanting for Mia to get up. With one swift motion, Mia grabbed Lucy gently, and began tickling her, causing Lucy to shriek with laughter.
“Please stop!” Lucy begged, tears in her eyes as she giggled hysterically. Mia tickled her a bit more, then stopped, sighing contently.
“Thanks for waking me up Lulu.” Mia said, and Lucy grinned secretly.
“Can I borrow your lipstick?” she asked randomly, the question tickled Mia’s inside, and she started to giggle.

“Oh Lucy, you do make me giggle.” Mia commented, as she patted the little girl’s hand. Lucy shrugged, misunderstanding but smiled.

“Want to go wake Zack up? We could throw water on him…” Lucy casually suggested. Mia didn’t have to think twice.

“Sure.” Mia said, they both scrambled up and rushed to the bathroom.

Within moments later, Zack’s screaming was heard.

“You’re so going to suffer for that!” he yelled, after the two laughing girls, as they ran downstairs furiously. Erin, simply smiled at the content feeling of family.
♠ ♠ ♠
Slightly boring chapter, I do apologise....
Comments? :) <3

More drama will be coming up shortly, meanwhile if you could check out my new story: HER BEST FRIEND, then I'd love you even more :)
thanks!<3