Status: ACTIVE AND ROLLING. COMMENT AT WILL :) <3

Social Suicide

Amelia; You Are One Of Us

Deanna “Dee” Anderson was watching the new girl, taking in her appearance and mentally preparing herself for their soon to be ’talk’.

Amelia Fay, that was her name. It had been on everyone’s lips all morning, including Lilly and Nadia’s.

“Dee, you going to eat that?” her boyfriend, Dave asks her sweetly. His adorable dimples and gorgeous blue eyes, it was what first attracted Deanna to the male.

Dee silently shook her head, in which her boyfriend of six months took it as a pass, and took the sandwich which laid limply on her tray. Dee was curious, curious as what Amelia thought of East Side High, it was vital that Dee knew this.

Deanna wasn’t a bitch, nobody could say that about her. She was honestly a sweet girl, but had the wrong timing. She said things that was on her mind, and she didn’t care if it hurt your feelings. It was if, she was unaware she was insensitive. She said things at the wrong time, it was her flaw but people overlooked it purposely.

Dee knew she was pretty, she wouldn’t go out and say she was the best thing that walked this earth, but she knew that guys and some girls admired her, afar. Dee didn’t mind this, in fact she was flattered by it.

“So, the girl had a fucking nerve to ask me if my clothes were from the jumble sale down town. Oh my god, I nearly hit her!” Lilly wanted, informing the whole table of her latest fashion escapade. Her boyfriend, Jake smirked at her.

“Babe, you did hit her. With your purse, might I add.” Jake says, in just the nick of time, making the table, roar into laughter that caused jealousy around the room. They all urged to know what was so funny on ‘the’ table.

“She deserved it!” Lilly exclaimed angrily, she was by far a violent person but her heart was in the right place. She was also protective, some would say possessive but Dee knew that Lilly was a genuinely, good person. Somehow.

Dee was bored, she disliked school greatly but being the ‘ruler’ as people created her to be, had it’s perks. Dave suddenly put his arm around Dee, and Dee smiled up at him innocently.

“Hmm?” she says implying to what he just said to her.

“I said, that I love you, you dork.” he teases affectionately, and kisses Dee quickly, she smiles softly, relishing in the adoration upon her. Dee didn’t repeat the words, she was looking to the right, where the new girl was again. She looked frustrated and was waving her hands animatedly around. She must have been told of Dee by now.

No matter how much Dee tried to distract herself, the sickening guilt that had bubbled in her stomach, and made her feel suddenly disgusted with herself, especially, when she glanced ahead of her and Tony was smiling at Nadia, hooked on every word she said.

Although Dee had everything, she didn’t quite have everybody.

--

“How was school sweetheart?” these words came from Erin as Amelia and Zack walked through the door. Zack and Mia were both tense, from their heated discussion at lunch. It appeared, Mia refused to accept that East Side High was programmed.

“Fine.” Mia says, half heartily, and noticed Lucy was twirling continuously around the room. Omar was sitting, watching Lucy, his eyes wary as if any moment, she would hurt herself. Omar was there to make sure that nothing happened.

“Zack, can you take the trash out for me?” Erin asks and Zack, grudgingly goes into the kitchen, the back door slam is soon heard.

“Mia! Can we go play dolls?” Lucy suddenly asks, she had stopped spinning, but not moving as she walked towards Mia, almost drunkenly. Mia smiled at the little girl.

“Of course, I’ll meet you up there.” Mia says, wanting some innocent playing to take her mind off the ridicule that had happened at school today. She literally couldn’t believe it.

Omar followed Lucy, not even glancing at Mia. “Hi Omar.” Mia says softly, wanting to try and build, even a small relationship with the little boy. Omar ignored her, Erin gave an apologetic look and Mia merely shrugged, she wasn’t offended, in fact it made her all the more determined to make an effort with Omar.

Erin sighs and runs her hand through her silky blonde hair. “You settle in okay?” Erin asks her new daughter. Mia nods shyly.

“Yeah, I met some interesting people.” Amelia informs Erin, who grinned, obviously pleased.

“Invite them round soon, I’d love to meet them!” Erin says excitedly.

“You already know them Mom, she met Austin and the guys.” Zack’s voice was heard, before he entered the room. Erin felt disappointed that she hadn’t befriended any girls, but nodded.

“Oh well, they can still come round.” Erin says, not wanting to dampen the mood. Mia smiles and nods.

“I’ll come help with dinner.” she says simply, before jogging upstairs, abandoning her bag on her bed and knocking on Lucy’s door, a loud “Come in!” was heard and Mia was soon brought into the world of faeries and for a while, she enjoyed it.

Omar came in shortly after, without knocking and made himself comfortable on the bed, his drawing pad in his hands, and without a word continued to draw. Mia was confused at this, but knew better to ask about it.

It wasn’t till later, where Zack and Mia found themselves on the hammock again, swaying gently, and talking like that the night before. They were like different people out here. Zack was soft, and understanding. Amelia could be her self, without having to put up a façade of covering her past.

“I’m sorry if I was mean to you today.” Zack suddenly says quietly, he had been so much more relaxed, and himself when he had come home. Amelia knew it was to do with the pressure of social groups that changed him.

“It’s okay. I wasn’t hurt.” Amelia says, half lying. As they swayed in silence, listening to the crickets and the distant sirens. Amelia found herself asking questions, again. Only this time, Zack didn’t mind answering as it questions about the one thing, he truly loved.

His family.

“Why does Omar, never seem to leave Lucy alone?” Amelia asks, trying to word it carefully. She didn’t want to speak ill of Omar, or Lucy. She was curious, too curious for her own good.

Zack sits up silently, looking Amelia in the face. “Do you know when you have a possession, something that you don’t want to live without?” he asks, causing Amelia to be even more confused.

“Yeah…” she says, trying to clue it together.

“Like, for me and you. It might be something materialistic, a phone, an ipod, something we don’t believe we can live without.” Amelia nods, now understanding.

“Yeah…but what has that got to do with Omar?” Amelia asks confused.

“Omar sees Lucy as his, his own little possession. Lucy is his favourite person in the entire world, it’s why he never leaves her alone, he never ignores her, he adores Lucy.” Zack explains, and Amelia found it touching. It was sweet in a way.

“That’s adorable.” Mia comments. Zack smiles, amused.

“It can be. Unless Lucy gets annoyed, then Omar breaks down. He hates annoying her, or upsetting her.” Zack says, knowing from experience.

“Is it connected to his autism?” Mia asks, Zack shrugs. He honestly didn’t know.

“I don’t think so, it’s just Omar. He’s different, and he likes being different.” Zack says gently, lying back down.

“How come he doesn’t like me?” Mia asks childishly, she felt silly asking this. She shouldn’t be bothered by this, she knew Omar was socially incapable with people that he was unfamiliar with, but it still troubled her.

“Don’t take to heart. Omar is a mystery to us, a mystery that no one really can explain.” Zack explains. Mia nods, even though Zack can’t see her.

“You’re a mystery too Mia. Chris and Erin haven’t told me a thing about you.” Zack comments.

Silence.

“Mia?” he adds, hoping she hadn’t fallen asleep. He would have to carry her inside, not that she was heavy. But he always doubted that he might drop her or something.

“I asked them not too.” Mia suddenly says, quiet and shy. She was recoiling back into her old self, where the past was everything.

“How come?” Zack presses, his own curiosity sparking within him.

“Because, if I tell you. It becomes real again.” Mia says sadly, her voice filled with a sorrow, something she didn’t like having. Something Zack found surprising.

The sound of a lighter was click, and the somewhat comforting smell of hazy smoke was drifted into the air. Mia watched the wisps of smoke, evaporate and she wished she could do what the smoke did. Disappear into air.

“Zack, what happens if I have to move groups?” Mia asks worriedly. Zack sighs softly, he felt torn. His loyalty to his school, but his newfound protectiveness of his latest family member.

“You have to do what she says Mia, it’s for the best.” Zack says quietly, regretting his words.

Amelia now realized that school, East Side High apparently came first.

Every time.

---

At school again, Amelia found herself waiting apprehensively for when this degrading classification began. It didn’t happen, till lunch time.

Amelia was alone, Austin had a different class to her today. She was left to fend for herself, as she entered the cafeteria. The food in her bag was calling to her, and she scanned the room for Zack’s recognizable face.

The cafeteria was once again divided, and when Amelia glanced at one of the ‘Nerd’ tables, they all looked away instantly, as if she just spat at them.

It was ridiculous.

“Hey, New girl!” the voice of Deanna Anderson was heard. The cafeteria went quiet, listening in, and openly stared. But no one said anything.

Amelia spun around, confused and looked at the beautiful red haired girl. Dee waved her over with one, perfectly French-manicured hand. Before Amelia could blink, she was moving. She didn’t know why, but she felt possessed, as if under a spell.

Reaching the edge of the table, six pairs of eyes staring at her with different expressions, raging from ‘welcome’ to ‘don’t mess this up’ from an glaring blonde in particular. Lilly, Amelia remembered her to be called.

They looked perfect, which Amelia wanted to disbelieve but every single one of them was beautiful, with individual traits but separate, leading personalities.

Tony smirked at Mia, making her feel uncomfortable. The girl, Nadia beside him glared at her boyfriend slightly. She wasn’t clingy, but when her boyfriend was obviously checking her out in front of her, it irritated her.

“You’re Amelia Fay, am I right?” Dee says, knowingly. Of course she was right, she was always right.

Mia nods shyly, giving a polite smile. Sure, she didn’t agree with this ridicule of a school hierarchy, but she knew that Austin’s warning was serious yesterday.

“Hi.” she adds quickly, not wanting to appear as if she had no backbone. Amelia definitely had a backbone, as the boys discovered yesterday.

“I’m Deanna, this are my friends. Would you care to join us?” Dee asks kindly, Lilly’s smirk drops and Nadia made a point of shock, by dropping her piece of apple back onto her tray. She had lost her appetite again.

“Sitting with you?” Amelia asks shocked, Zack had never mentioned this. She wasn’t told she would have to sit down. She was told she would be approached.

“Yeah, Tony, move over.” Dee says, ordering the Italian god to move over, he glared at Dee, who smiled smugly and waved for Mia to sit down.

Everyone was in shock, this hadn’t been done before. Dee had never personally invited someone to the table, ever.

Nervously, Mia perched on the spare seat.

“This is Lilly, Nadia…and this is my boyfriend Dave, and their boyfriends Jake and Tony.” Deanna takes the liberty of introducing everyone.

Mia nods, giving a smile. “Nice to meet you all…” she says softly. Dee smirks, she knew that Mia was holding back, she knew that Mia was a girl who spoke her mind.

“So is this like my test?” Amelia couldn’t stop herself from blurting out. Her inability to think then speak was completely out the window.

Lilly scoffed, whereas Nadia smiled mischievously. Dee however, smiled politely.

“Test, there are no tests Mia. We are simply, having a conversation. That’s fair right?” Dee says calmly.

Amelia hated that, how Dee looked the good person and Mia appeared to be bitch. Mia appeared the one to be rude. Mia appeared bad.

“Yeah, I guess.” Mia murmurs, shifting uncomfortably under the harsh gazes from the others.

“Where are you from Amelia?” Dee asks politely, sipping her bottled water.

“Texas, Houston.” Mia replies, watching for Deanna’s sign of disinterest of rudeness, but Amelia couldn’t fault her, not yet.

“I’ve been there, my Dad owns ranches up there.” Lilly states, it wasn’t intended as bragging, but Amelia didn’t miss the plural on ‘ranches’, so it was obvious, Lilly’s family had money.

“We’ll have to go back there, babe.” Jake says smirking, kissing his girlfriend lightly. He remembered their week in Texas last summer, and it didn’t involve much clothing.

“Sure” Lilly purrs, enjoying the affection from her boyfriend, of almost a year.

“Mia, what kind of music do you listen too?” Dee asks kindly, it was a false question but she needed to ask, just to see how the girl would respond.

“Good music.” she replies automatically, and Mia didn’t miss the satisfied look from Dee and Dave.

“Aha, good choice.” Dee teases, leaning forward. Her hair was straight today and it seemed it go on forever. Her eyes were the rarest blue Amelia had ever seen and no matter how much she wanted too. Amelia couldn’t look away.

“Cut the crap Dee, just give the group.” Tony says aggravated, and Mia noticed a little warning bell go off, as a glare was cast towards Tony. No one else noticed, except Tony and Mia. The other two females and boys were preoccupied in their own lives.

“She’s already in it Tony.” Dee suddenly announces, loudly. The news made Mia gasp, then the whole canteen silenced, as if somehow just announced that Mia was to be murdered.

“What!” Lilly suddenly screeches, pushing her boyfriend off from kissing her neck.

“Dee, what are you doing?” Nadia asks annoyed, seeing Dee’s mischievous glint in her eyes. Jake and Dave staring shocked, at their friend.

“You’re joking right?” Mia laughs, she was prepared to laugh it off. She was all for jokes.

“I don’t joke about social standings Amelia. I’m quite serious, I believe you have potential. I know things about you already Amelia. I’ve decided, that you’ll be one of us. You’re going to be a ruler.” Dee tells Amelia, who was too shocked to move or say a word.

And that’s when Deanna Anderson made her first mistake.

She made Amelia a ruler, but Amelia had other plans and it definitely didn't include, leadership.
♠ ♠ ♠
Another Chapter :)

I hope people aren't confused and are still liking the story.

Please comment with your views, it really encourages me :)

Thanks to all who did. <3