Starless Sky: The Dream Catcher's Curse

The Ride's Outburst

“Dad, even you have to admit it’s completely unfair!” The air was thick between us, mother, Elijah, and Royce cowering to the corners of our ride.

“Keith, please.” His voice was calm, but I saw the annoyance in his eyes. “Yes, Elijah’s condition was unexpected, but what else would you want me to do?”

Leave me alone? I wanted to scream, but I knew those words would break my father’s fragile heart.

“For starters, told me all about this in the first place?” I spit through gritted teeth. My canines were becoming sharp again. My anger was getting the best of me, I knew, but I couldn’t live with it. I knew I’d be heir as soon as Elijah got sick, but I never knew about my father’s ‘arrangement’ till yesterday.

The silence that followed was so thick you could cut it with a knife.

“She’s not to happy about it, either,” I snapped my eyes towards Eli as he spoke. He looked sympathetic. “If that helps.”

It doesn’t. There were so many things I wanted to yell, and I knew I wouldn’t be able to hold it in much longer; I was already shaking.

“Keith,”

“Don’t you ‘Keith’ me!” My voice was mocking in almost every possible way, and the annoyance in my father’s eyes turned to anger. “I didn’t ask for any of it! Why didn’t you just leave me alone?! I never wanted to be KING!”

I was growling, I felt my voice reverberate in my throat. My other teeth had started getting sharp, too. Soon, I’d lose all control.

“Watch it, young man, or you will be severely punished.” That dead calm thing only angered me more.

“ISN’T THAT WHAT YOU’RE DOING?”

His green eyes turned red in a flash, and I was being held by the collar of my shirt, cutting off my breathing. I pretended not to notice.

He hasn’t ever gotten this violent before.

His forehead was pressed roughly against mine, his breath hot against my skin. The claws dug deep into the skin of my shirt.

“Don’t smart-mouth me, boy.” He was growling, too. “Or you won’t have the chance to even see her.”
♠ ♠ ♠
They're short cuz they're the start, so deal. :p