Decadent

Apprehension

“And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.”
~Rev.12:7-10

Prologue
apprehension

And so I just stand there in his arms. It was funny how we only met a few weeks ago and here we are…pouring our hearts out in attempt to find comfort. But doesn’t everyone need comfort; to escape? And then again it was hard to talk to him about this stuff.
Trust.
That was hard to do; I trusted my father. How do I know that if I trust Alec he won’t leave me? That’s why secrets are so wonderful; they protect you from the others. But it backfires because who’s going to protect you from yourself? I mean once you have all these secrets, you have to deal with the horrors yourself with no help. Then it builds up.
He looks at me. “Tell me.”
I shake my head. “I can’t.”
His jaw is set and he reminds me of Danny. “And why not?”
I look at our hands, anywhere but the piercing look he’s giving me. “It could hurt you.”
“Is it hurting you?” He asks.
My eyes glaze over with tears. “It has.”
“‘Has’? In the past tense?”
I don’t say anything.
“Faye tell me now,” he hisses.
I look up at him.
I open my mouth to tell him, but no words come out. I’m speechless.
Stunned.
Or I think it’s called fear.