Status: Finished =P

Sing

19

Time just seemed to fly. It was already the 7th of December, and exams were coming up. I had been hitting the books hard. I was not at all prepared, but with a little help from my friends, I was confident I would pass. I was at home, studying for my history exam when the phone rang. I rolled off the bed and walked over to get the phone.

“Hello, Mark residence, “I answered.

“Oh my god, you’re going to freak!” Frankie screeched into the phone.

“Um, we’re having tater tots at lunch tomorrow?” I asked slowly.

“What, no, “he said in a confused tone. “We have a few songs that we pretty much have down! I just wanted to tell you because Gerard is going to call you in about ten minutes to tell you about it, I’m almost sure. I wanted to invite you first, but be surprised, okay?”

“Oh, ha, okay then. I will do that, “I said. The call waiting beeped. “Well, he’s calling now. I’ll talk to you later.” I switched lines. “Hello.”

“Were you sitting on the phone? Ha, hey, sugar, “Gee laughed.

“Nah, Frank just called. So, what’s going on?” I asked.

“Damn it! What did he tell you?” He asked, suddenly upset.

“Oh, he just said something about how you were about to call. We had a bet going and I lost. I thought twenty minutes, and he said less than ten. You called about 3 minutes later, “I laughed.

“Is that really all?” He asked. He sounded slightly pissed off.

“Yes, darlin’, that is all we talked about, “I lied, hoping to calm him down.

“Oh, well, I have good news. You know how I said that I had written a couple songs? Well, I have about 4 and we’ve been rehearsing them, and well, I wanted you to come to see us play, “he said quietly.

“Oh, that’s wonderful! When are you guys practicing next?” I asked.

“Tonight, if you don’t mind. We are meeting up about 6:30, “he explained. “We’re going to play, and then we’re all going out to celebrate.” I could just see him smiling.

“That sounds good. Where are y’all meeting at?” I asked, walking over to my closet.

“Well, we have been practicing at Frank’s since his mom’s never home, “he explained.

“Alright, so, we’re going to be at Frank’s at 6:30?” I asked, just to be sure.

“Yeah, that’s right, “he confirmed.

“Okay, that sounds good. I’ll see you then. I love ya, “I said, opening my closet door.

“I love you too, sugar, “he said, and I clicked the phone off. I went inside my closet and found an outfit. I went to the bathroom to take a shower, and when I got out, I put my outfit on. It was only five, but I figured Frank wouldn’t mind if I just hung out with him. I wrote a note to Nessa, telling her where I was. I got in the car and drove to Frank’s house. I got out of the car and went up to the door. I knocked and a few minutes later, a half-naked Frank opened the door. His eyes widened and he shook his head.

“Hey, what are you doing here? We aren’t meeting for like an hour and a half?” He asked.

“Yeah, well, I got lonely… Plus, I thought you’d like some company. Can I come in?” I asked, noting the growing darkness.

“Yeah, come on in, “he said, stepping aside. I followed him to his room. I sat on his bed and he put a shirt on.

“So, Gerard totally freaked on me when I told him I had been on the phone with you, “I said slowly. His head jerked up and he looked at me with wide eyes.

“Oh my god, please tell me you didn’t say that I told you about tonight!” He pleaded.

“I didn’t, “I said, putting a hand on his shoulder. “I just told him that you said you were surprised he hadn’t called, and we made a bet that he would soon. He didn’t say anything else about it, love.”

“Oh, okay, well, let me show you our studio, “he said, taking my hand. I followed him down a flight of stairs into a basement. There were microphones, speakers, amps, a drum set, three guitars, and even a piano. There were a couple chairs and a worn-down couch. He picked up the guitar I had gotten him, and put the strap around him. “You can sit there, and I’ll play you a couple tunes, “he said, smiling at me.

“Ha, okay, play me some songs from your first band!” I said excitedly.

“Okay, I can play you one of my favorites called PS Don’t Write?” He said, positioning his fingers. I nodded and he began playing. It was an interesting sound, but he was so into the playing, it made me feel his excitement. He continued to play a few more songs after the first and soon, it was 6:20. He put his guitar down and went upstairs. About 15 minutes or so later, he came back down with the rest of the guys. Gerard ran over and picked me up.

“Hey, sugar, “he said, pecking me on the lips.

“I can’t wait to hear you guys play!” I said excitedly. Frank winked at me and they all took their places. I sat on the couch and listened to them play. They went through their “set list” as Gee referred to it as. I finally learned the names of the songs. ‘This Is The Best Day Ever’, ‘Vampires Will Never Hurt You’, ‘Our Lady Of Sorrows’, and my favorite was ‘Demolition Lovers.’

“That was amazing, you guys!” I cried when they were done. They all smiled and Gerard, breathless but enthusiastic. He wrapped his arms around me and smiled.

“Wow, did you really like it?” He breathed.

“Yeah, the only thing I don’t like is that you’re all yucky now, “I said, pouting.

“Ha, well, I’ll go clean up?” He said, rolling his eyes as he smiled.

“Good, you do that!” I said, poking him. He took off upstairs and I looked at the others.

“Ray, you play wicked guitar. Mikey, you rock the bass. Frankie, well, you are an amazing backup singer. Bob, you own the drums, dude!” I said as I was making sure I got all of them. They all smiled and said something like a thank you. I hugged Frankie, and a few minutes later, Gerard came down.

“Okay, let’s go out and party!” Frank yelled as he bounded up the stairs.

“Um, what party?” I asked nervously.

“Don’t worry. I’ll never let them hurt you, I promise, “Gee said, smirking at me.

“Okay, fine, but I’m not staking your heart, no matter how many times you ask me to, “I said, sticking my tongue out.

“Okay, fair enough.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, please comment... I have 11 subscribers and no one has commented for like 4 chapters.. :( it saddens me... plz commment!

Just a little goodie for my Frankie fans