Status: Finished =P

Sing

2

I walked through the lunch line and started to walk toward an empty table. Out of nowhere, someone shouted my name. I spun around and all but crashed into Michael.

“Hey, do you want to come and sit with my friends and me?” He invited, breathless from running to me. I nodded and followed him over to a small group of people. He had just introduced me to Bob and Ray and Frank when I heard a voice from behind me.

“Hello, sugar. How was 4th period?” Gerard asked, smiling at me. Michael tossed a confused look at me and then at him. Gerard returned his look with a smile and shook his head.

“How do you two know each other?” Michael demanded. Gerard laughed and shook his head, sending his bangs over his left eye.

“Mikey, calm down bro. I met her in the office when Mr. Hartman requested a visit with her! We just talked for a few minutes, “Gerard assured him. He winked at me, and I smiled back.

“Ah, I see. Well, Aiden, this is my brother, Gerard, “Michael said.

“Thanks for the re-introduction, Michael, “I laughed.

“Ah! No, please do not call me Michael. I’d rather be called Mikey!” He cried. I laughed and nodded.

The rest of the day kind of flew by. I had 1st period PE with Bob, 2nd period Geometry with Ray, 3rd period Biology with Mikey, 4th period English with Frank, 5th period history alone, 6th period Drama with Gerard, and 7th period Spanish with Frank. After Spanish, I stopped by my locker to deposit my books since no homework was assigned. I shut my locker and as I turned around, I crashed into Gerard.

“Hello, sugar. How was your first day?” He said, smiling yet again. I gazed into his beautiful
brown eyes and began taking in his other features. He has longish black hair that swooped over one eye at all times. His eyes were brown but he had dark circles around them that made him appear almost exhausted. His lips where thin but not to the point where it appeared that he didn’t have any. When he grinned, one corner of his mouth went up in a cute smirk-like fashion. When he actually smiled, he had about the same except you could see some of his very white teeth. He was not exactly a giant, but he was taller than me by at least eight inches. He wasn’t fat, but he wasn’t skinny. It was an average size. I hadn’t even realized that he had been talking until he coughed.

“So, how about that coffee?” He said, smiling a brilliant smile. I nodded, and grabbed a pen from my purse. I grabbed his hand and wrote my number on his hand. He looked at it, muttered it back to himself, and looked up at me, smiling. “Sweetness! Well, I will talk to you later. I gotta go, but I’ll call you later for sure.”

“Ha, alright then. I will talk to you later, “I said, shaking my head. He smiled and dashed down the hall, barely missing the janitor’s cart. I laughed and turned and walked out the doors. I put my headphones on and began listening to Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana.

When I got home, my aunt demanded all the gossip and whatever about my first day of real school. I told her about my classes. Then, I told her about meeting Mikey and the guys.
Then, I told her about Gerard, and then, my meeting with the principal. She stared like a kid watching Toy Story for the first time. When I told her everything, she just blinked repeatedly.

“So, tell me more about this Gerard guy. He asked you out? What did you say?” She inquired.

“He didn’t actually ask me out… And, I told him sure. He said he’d call me later, “I said shyly.

“You are so naïve! I cannot believe you don’t see the signs! This boy likes you! Believe me;
I’ve been around the block a few times! I know boys!” She cried. I laughed and shook my head.

She gave me a lecture all through the preparation of dinner and then while we were eating. She told me about how to keep my guard up, how to play hard to get. She told me pretty much everything a girl in high school might ever need to know about relationships. She told me that when I started going out, she’d get me on birth control and would buy me condoms. I just kept laughing.

About that time, the phone rang and she ran to answer it. I laughed as she hit the wall.

“Hello, this is the Mark residence. Who’s calling?” She said formally. Her eyes widened and she smiled. “Oh, hello Gerard. Yes, Aiden’s home. I’ll go get her. Please hold.” She ran through the hallway and shrieked. “You’re gentleman caller waits. Literally, I put him on hold! Go get the phone!” I went and grabbed the cordless and went outside.

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hey, “he said nervously. My aunt had a pad of paper pressed to the window that reminded me about the playing hard to get lecture.

“Who is this?” I asked.

“Um, this is Gerard, “he coughed. “Gerard Way. We met at school today.”

“Oh, you. Hey, what’s up?” I asked nonchalantly.

“I told you that I would call, you know, to schedule a time, to hang out…” He muttered. I choked back laughter.

“Oh, okay. When did you have in mind?” I asked.

“Maybe tomorrow night around 8?” He asked nervously.

“Let me check my schedule, “I said, pulling the phone away from me. I looked at my aunt who gave me thumbs up and counted to 30.

“Hello? Are you still there?” I heard through the receiver.

“Yeah, I’m still here. You’re in luck. I’m free, “I smiled.

“Oh, awesome! I’ll see you tomorrow at school, “he sighed in relief.

“Alright, good night, “I said, hanging up. I entered the house and smiled at Nessa for
approval. She had listened to the whole conversation on the corded phone.

“Well, you have a date tomorrow! What are you gonna wear?” Nessa cooed. I laughed and decided I’d let her dress me up like a life-sized Barbie doll.

It was sad because Aunt Nessa never had any girls of her own, and her only son died when he was only 2 weeks old due to a serious case of pneumonia. So, she was sad when my mother died, but she saw getting me as a plus. She was the only thing saving me from a
foster family, and I will be forever grateful to her for that.

She told me that I needed to get ready for bed, and so I took a shower and lied down on my bed. I soon fell asleep, and hoped the day would come soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated!