Status: Finished =P

Sing

4

The first few classes flew by, and before I knew it, it was time for lunch. I walked through the line, and I headed towards the empty table. Then, I heard a voice from behind me.

“You know, you really don’t have to make us come and get you. You can go ahead and sit at our table, “Gerard said, pointing towards their table. I smiled and followed him to the table. Everyone greeted me and I sat down between Frank and Gerard. There was a long and awkward silence. Finally, Frank spoke up.

“So, are you ready for that Spanish test next week?” He asked out of nowhere.

“No, I’m not ready at all. What about you? Are you ready?” I asked.

“Ha, yes, I am ready. I studied forever, “he said, sighing dramatically.

“Wait, we have a Spanish test next week?” Mikey asked, obviously not knowing about it. Frank looked at me and we both started laughing.

“She only put it on the board every day this week!” Frank exclaimed, sarcastically. Mikey gave him the finger and then, he hit his head with his hand.

“I have not studied at all! I’m gonna fail, I just know it!” He cried. I reached over
and grabbed his hand.

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I will too!” I said, in an attempt to make him feel better. He smiled and looked down.

“Well, I guess I can cram tonight and make at least a C, “he said, trying to be positive. I nodded and realized that Gerard had seriously tensed up. I looked over at him and he just shook his head, as if to say nothing was wrong. I looked away from him and noticed Mikey was still talking about the theory of cramming before a big test. I laughed, but couldn’t seem to get Gerard’s reaction out of my head. Why did he act like that? I shook it off
and began discussing the stupid activity we had to do in PE with Bob.

After school that day, I stopped by my locker to pick up my homework folder and drop off my other books. I had just begun to walk away from my locker when someone called out my name. When I turned around, I found it was Frank. I stopped and waited for him.

“Aiden, hold up! I needed to talk to you!” He said, out of breath from running. I laughed and waited for him to regain a breath.

“Well, here I am. What did you need to talk to me about?” I asked.

“Well, I was wondering if you wanted to get together sometime. So, maybe I could help you, ya know, not fail your Spanish test next week, “he said, laughing at me.

“Sure, that sounds good. It’d be good not to fail, “I said, wondering if I was going to get asked out by every one of them.

“Awesome, so I’ll call you later okay?” He said as he started to walk away.

“Wait, “I called. “Don’t you need my number?”

“Oh, “he said, walking back over. “Yes, that might come in handy.” I grabbed his hand and wrote down my number and he smiled. “Alright, well, I’ll call you, okay?”

“Okay, I’ll talk to you then, “I said, and I watched him walk away. I shook my head and started walking home.

When I got inside, it appeared that no one was home. I slowly opened my door and turned on the light, expecting Nessa to be perched on my bed, but she wasn’t. I put my stuff down on my bed, and went into the kitchen. Nessa was putting away groceries.

“Hey, how was school today? Did you see Gerard?” She said, taking a bite of a carrot. I nodded, and sat the table. She offered me a Yoo-Hoo which I accepted.

“Today was okay, and yeah, I saw him. He was acting weird at lunch today. Like, I was trying to calm Mikey down about some Spanish test we have next week, and he tensed up. Then, when I asked him what was wrong, he just shook his head like nothing was wrong, “I explained.

“It sounds like he’s a little green monster on his back, “she said, taking another bite of her carrot.

“Yeah, maybe, but it was weird to see him act like that, “I said quietly.

“You don’t know him very well. I mean, you just met the boy yesterday, “she said, point the carrot at me. I nodded, seeing where she was coming from.

“Oh, by the way, Frank’s supposed to call me later, “I said, remembering the study session.

“Oh, he is? Well, do you have another date?” She asked, smirking.

“Not exactly, it’s more like he’s going to prepare me for the Spanish test next week. I was starting to wonder if all of them were gonna ask me out, or whatever, “I said, sipping my Yoo-Hoo. She nodded.

“Well, I picked up some pizza rolls, and grabbed a couple chick flicks. I figured we could have a movie night?” She suggested. I nodded, and I put the food onto cook as she prepared a salad.

Once dinner was made, I went to put in a movie and she served dinner. She brought the food and two cans of Diet Mountain Dew to the couch. I grabbed the remote and climbed onto the couch and took my plate.

“Which movie are we watching first?” She asked, taking a pizza roll.

“’Boys On The Side’. We’ll watch ‘Itty Bitty Titty Committee’ next, okay?” I said. She nodded and I pushed play.

Just at the part in Itty Bitty Titty Committee where Anna had slept with Aggie and Sadie walked in, the phone rang. I picked it up.

“Mark Residence. This is Aiden, who is calling?” I said formally. I heard snickering.

“Um, this is Frankie? I told you I’d call you, “he laughed.

“Yeah, you sure did. What’s up?” I said casually. There was a short silence.

“Well, I was wondering when you wanted to study. Since the exam is next Wednesday, I was thinking we should study tomorrow after school and maybe Monday and Tuesday of next week as well. That is, if you want to, “he said smoothly. I nodded, but then realized he couldn’t see me.

“Yeah, sure. That sounds good. I don’t have anything planned, “I said, smiling to myself.

“Awesome, well… My mom’s gotta use the phone, but I’ll see you tomorrow, okay?” He said.

“Alright, see you then, “I said, hanging up. Well, I thought to myself, at least I know I won’t be staying home all of this year.

“Was that Frank?” My aunt called from the couch.

“Yeah, it sure was, “I said, sitting down next to her.

“And… what happened?” She asked, staring expectantly.

“We’re going to study tomorrow, and next Monday and Tuesday, “I said, as if it was nothing.

“Oh, okay. Well, let’s resume the movie, shall we?” She said, pushing play.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments are appreciated.